G37 Sedan

Am I the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Debo37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one?

I recently joined this forum, after purchasing my very first Infiniti G37. This forum was very helpful in helping me make the decision to move up to a G37 from my previous Honda Accord. I love my car and am thankful for this forum. What concerns me and is a somewhat disconcerning are the recent attacks on others in this forum for asking questions and seeking advice from other G owners. True- We all received an owners manuel with our car purchase. However, it does not contain free advice, others opinions, and first hand experience from daily G drivers. I thought that was what this forum was intended to do. I felt a sense of community when I first joined and recently I have become uneasy with the negative posts by some while replying to others who are simply seeking help.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Triple_X

I completely agree. I want to be spoon fed simple answers that can be easily found by opening the manual or searching.....

This is an awesome community (and basically the only g37 specific) and for the most part very helpful with opinions and answers to anything you might have and even if it is repetitive and an easily found question. Some members just get frustrated by lazyness.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Mid-Life Crisis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you will generally find the information is useful and the comments are generally on topic. Occasionally some take offence at the sarcasim or intended wit.

I was a little put off at first for a jab someone took at me, but in further reading and understanding, I came to realize it was just someone's idea of humour and really wasn't directed at me.

Stick with it and you will find a lot of good information from fellow entuhusiasts.

Welcome to the board.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MEh I have noticed a dowen ward trend. I have since joined oter fourmes and have found them more helpful with less attidude. I stay on here for entertainment value.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If all newbs learn to use the search function to seek for already answered questions, there wouldn't be any of this problem.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:38 PM
SindhiStyle

So like you guys are saying 99% of the questions being asked can be found if you do a search, so we should only be seeing about 1 new post a day at most?

I just got a G37xS about a month ago coming for a Volvo S60R. While there were some responses on the R forums that were childish, it seems on this forum there are a lot of people who think they are superior and more intellgent then anyone else. Some people really need a reality check!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

No, but some ridiculous question such as "Where can I find the button that changes status on dash screen?" can be very easily found in user manual. lol

or

What's the best intake out there?

or

What offset wheels should I run?

As for offset question, it might be a bit hard at first, but I also did extensive research on offset to understand its meaning and measured the number for my own setup.
If I can do it, I'm sure everyone else can do it as well.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

But I do agree with you that there are quite a few people here that need reality check.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
shumby

if some one else has already done the leg work why not benifit from it. why reinvent the wheel?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Most people don't bother with research. They want things handed to them on a silver platter.

They are the sheep.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
shumby

why not share the knowledge the easy way. I have done stuff before and posted it up if the question arises agin i post my answee again. in the same way i would hope some one would help me out with info.. People hord knowledge because it makes them fell better than others. I say share it all. makes life easyer.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
SindhiStyle

I agree, every single question someone is about it ask is most likely already been asked. But I also see this as a forum, and not an encyclopedia. If that was the case, like I said earlier, this forum should be getting MAYBE 1 post a day. Even 1 post a day is pushing it!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

That's why we have off topic section! lol
Old 09-25-2009, 05:45 PM
The G

What's the point of a forum if half the people on it aren't willing to share info??? Come on guys!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
shumby

exactly........