G37 Sedan

Am I the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you look and see that all the mod/staff have changed their avi's do dictators. I think that should give noobs the idea of how they want things run around here. not a very friendly envirnment for ne wguys coming in.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:44 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
We only changed our avators as a joke, because we've been called dictators for enforcing rules of the forum to keep this place clean and mature
Old 09-25-2009, 09:47 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree shumby. The Staff should have more welcoming avatar pics.

My suggestion.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:31 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Joke is old and actually not very funny....what is really not funny are some of the Mod's comments that seem as childish and/or arguementative as those they are criticizing for doing the same. I actually agree with the OP, it is not as helpful a place as it was a year ago.....but on the other hand not as negative as some forums.

Originally Posted by G37Sam
We only changed our avators as a joke, because we've been called dictators for enforcing rules of the forum to keep this place clean and mature

I like that one.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I agree shumby. The Staff should have more welcoming avatar pics.

My suggestion.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:05 PM
The G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stardust
This thread sucks, learn to use the SEARCH function and stop complaining.
Your responce is the point of this thread.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Mike P

I changed my too. Why should they have all the fun. People need to lighten-up. This is like e-mail, people don't realize how they sound when you just type and send. Need to read it at least once. People will be sacastic, people will be straight-forward, but this place is still very helpful. I have found many things that I did not know and yes I have used the search button. Let's make love not war or is love during war, whatever.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi Alt G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this. For new owners, I'd also suggest you download the owners manual in PDF format onto your computer. Then you can easily search its 400+ pages for the topic which interests you. Both adobe and foxit pdf readers have a find or search function and they seem to work very well. I have to admit (as a new person here) that there are some questions posted on this forum that could be more quickly answered by consulting the owners manual, something that all of us should have looked over after (or even before) we purchased/leased our new vehicles.

If you think this forum is not deferential to newcomers, you have not been on a lot of forums. And I'm also surprised that gaddamit did not mention JRL (an inside joke for those of us moving from an S60R to the G37).
Old 09-26-2009, 12:03 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I think we need to add a sarcasm quote wrap into the BB code of the forum.

e.g.

[SARCASM]Dumb noob, learn to use the search function and RTFM[/SARCASM]
Old 09-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi Alt G

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116

e.g.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:01 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
A lot of members here need to also realize that not everyone speaks English as a first/only language.

While much if it is just pure laziness when typing, that fact really needs to be considered.

As for "Search", it's not always helpful, as someone who has a question may not know exactly what to search for, so posting an explanation of their problem/issue/thoughts etc. is easier.

But I've noticed "attitude" in all the other car related message boards. Actually, this place is pretty mellow compared to the others.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM
stardust
Premier Member

Originally Posted by The G
Your responce is the point of this thread.
and being self serving is the point of life. Do you expect everyone to do your job for you at work (or are you one of the "lucky" people that doesnt have to work)? SEARCH
Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116

e.g.

That is a really great idea
Old 09-26-2009, 03:38 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The problems arise when people just start posting every question they have, as seperate threads no less, when the answers can just be found in the manuals. The usual excuse is "I'm at work" or "I don't have the manual handy." Is your question about whatever that important that you can't search the forums or use one of the links to download the manual from Infiniti? Also people ask the same questions over and over again. Right now there are two threds on the main page asking about thwe XM traffic service. That tells me that people aren't even glancing at the page to see if their question has been posted that day never mind using search.

With regards to people vehicles. If someone does something retarded to people, people should be able to tell them. If they're posting their vehicle for the world to see then they want feed back. You mean to tell me if one of your friends did their car up in a hello kitty theme you would say "You know what, I'm not rerally feeling that but yeah it's your money and it's technically well done."
Old 09-26-2009, 04:31 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i see both sides. however, i don't understand people taking the time to post "search is your friend...blah, blah, blah" kind of response rather than just answering or getting out of the thread.

my personal approach to this and most other forums is to not respond negatively if my opinion isn't asked for or if i don't have an answer to a question. i don't bother trying be mean to someone or to be a smart a$$. if i can help someone, i enjoy the experience of answering a simple question with a simple answer. i do however react badly and chime in in response to douchey jerkwads who initiate calling names or being flip about learning english. i'm sure most of these a$$hats barely know english themselves, let alone a whole other language. these kinds of guys take the joy out of someones excitement of owning a new car or being a part of a new forum.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Rottten Appples

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Saddam was so 2007 ..you guys need an update:

Attached Thumbnails Am I the only one?-qadaffi.jpg