G37 Sedan

G37X: To sport or not to sport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have owned an 08xS and now I have an 09 G37S sedan. I have said this in the past. Having driven both cars on the same roads I feel no difference in ride quality, sorry I don't feel the so-called harshness. The only difference I can feel is the Sport Suspension tend to bounce a little bit more in bumpy sections of the road.

My wife has even commented many times that she loves the smooth ride of my current G.

To get back to the subject, just make sure feel comfortable in the sport seats. You can always add the paddle shifters later on If you wish. See if you can take an xS for a long extended drive, like for a couple of days.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Antsmarchn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
Get the sports package!! makes the sedan look so much better
The car does look better with the sports package, but not worth paying for if its seats are too uncomfortable. Besides, it doesn't really add anything except cosmetic items. If the xS added the upgraded suspension and brakes it would be a different story.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by Antsmarchn
The car does look better with the sports package, but not worth paying for if its seats are too uncomfortable. Besides, it doesn't really add anything except cosmetic items. If the xS added the upgraded suspension and brakes it would be a different story.
Can't get those items with an X. The seats are good. I like the support. But you can add everything, except seats, after. It's personal preference.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Antsmarchn

Originally Posted by Mike P
Can't get those items with an X. The seats are good. I like the support. But you can add everything, except seats, after. It's personal preference.
I was saying that if the xS included the upgraded brakes and suspension of the RWD car it would be more enticing to get the sport package.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:31 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
Get the sports package!! makes the sedan look so much better
I don't know man, the OEM sports wheels look horrible.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gugarci
I have owned an 08xS and now I have an 09 G37S sedan. I have said this in the past. Having driven both cars on the same roads I feel no difference in ride quality, sorry I don't feel the so-called harshness. The only difference I can feel is the Sport Suspension tend to bounce a little bit more in bumpy sections of the road.
If there is no difference in ride quality, then the X sport package should definately have the sport springs. On the other hand, you live in Jersey where the roads are much better than they are here in NY. I sometimes hit potholes in Manhattan and Brooklyn that are so big I have to get out tof the car to see if the whole thing is still there... LOL Makes me wonder what the sport springs would be like. My 03 G35 sedan had the sport package and was unbearably harsh. On the hgihway however, the non sport xS springs are definately too soft.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM
mr_luv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To beat a dead horse, the only differance in the XS and non XS is seats, bumper, paddle shifters, aluminum gas brake dead pedal and interior stitching on the wheel and seats?

Last edited by mr_luv; 01-27-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:15 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The non-sport X is quicker -- smaller diameter wheels, less weight to rotate .. my '37x loaner I had recently felt a couple tics quicker at all speeds than my xS...

I love the 'S seats... feels like i'm putting on a glove -- but of course, it depends on your "size" and 'shape'

I think 18" rims make the G much more aggressive looking, but you can add these without must extra cost aftermarket

I NEVER use the paddles.. lol

The 'S and non 'S springs are identical... the 18" rims and lower profile tires stiffen the ride up a bit on the highway... the body roll is the same.. i just drove the '37x loaner extensively and then got into my xS and noted they ride very much the same in turns..
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Radius

Agree with PeterUbers but would simply add that the few xS additions make a big difference for me. The seats do fit like a glove, the 18" wheels with lower profile tires (any performance increase is welcome however small) and paddle shifting allowed me to buy the car. I have never owned a non manual tranny until now and use the paddles 95% of the time. Do I miss a manual tranny, yes, but must have AWD so my choices were limited. Couldn't swallow the $10K price difference of the 335iX. The Audi A4 is beautifully done but under powered. The G37xS was the best performer based on price no question. So, if you cherish sport over comfort, get an xS. If Infiniti would build the xS with a 6 speed manual, the bigger brakes and stiffer rear suspension from the G37s my driving life would be complete...for now ;-)
Old 02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
uhmeebuh

I too was on the fence on the issue...but I learned my lesson the hard way in my previous G35 (2006) where the seat adjusters were in the seat (not on the side).

I'm also a larger gentleman (Ha!) and the sport seats are just too small. Plus, with how bad the roads are here in CA (and not getting better any time soon), I opted for the non-sport with the tire and wheel package and picked it up yesterday!! i couldn't be happier...it rides smoother, looks great and fits me a lot better. I do wish I had the larger brakes but the non-sport brakes don't too too bad...

Last edited by uhmeebuh; 02-08-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: I spells bad
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 PM
jtla

Congratulations on your new G!! I assume that you bought a Journey not an X, right? You did mention the non-sport rides smoother. It sounded that you test drove both sport and non-sport version. How would you describe the ride of a Journey with Sport Package? Thanks.