G37 Sedan

Another color/interior/tinting thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 PM
tufts0207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another color/interior/tinting thread

First time posting, first time buying a car and don't want to make a decision i'll regret. Decided on the sedan with premium/navi.

I'm deciding between BS/Graphite, BS/Stone, LP/graphite, PG/graphite combos.

I want to eventually tint the windows. I live in Ohio which apparently is pretty lax with the tinting laws but might be moving in a year depending on where work takes me.

I definitely love the blue slate but don't know which interior. Black always great. Stone is a great contrast but the dealer said it can stain easy with clothing???

LP is safe and obviously looks great but the rims blend too much with the car but not a deal breaker. Also seems to be common.

PG also safe, but does it look gold to anyone else in certain lights? Also might be too common.

I know it sounds like a made up my mind on BS but does the tinting look as awesome on BS as the other colors?

Also is there a consensus on protecting the paint which I seem be to spending way too much time figuring out?

Thanks in advance....can't wait to drive it off the lot this weekend.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 PM
fillup
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
I would say Blue Slate/Graphite. Silver cars are all too common, and I love dark interiors. In the end, it's all personal preference. I think tint looks good on any color car, plus it serves a purpose.

I have a clearbra on my black obsidian sedan. The brand is Ventureshield and cost about $600 for the front bumper, side mirrors, part of the fenders, and part of the hood. I drive on the freeway a lot and rock chips are bound to happen, so I decided to protect it before anything chips.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do yourself the favor and get the sport package RWD (non-AWD), because you're just gonna waste money later trying to add the sport parts to your non-sport. Trust me!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:08 AM
tufts0207

I wish I lived in some place where the weather was awesome all the time. I need the awd for peace of mind. Is there significant build up at the edge of the clearbra?

What's a good level of tint for the blue slate? Dark is great but I don't want to have issues driving at night either.

Can't wait! Thanks for the help.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd say blue slate with graphite and probably around a 35% tint. Its enough to give you some privacy and keep some heat out, yet not attract alot of attention. Clear bra is a definate, and if you get it done by a reputable installer it's hardly noticable.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
You could go IP with graphite interior which is always a winner or you could go LP with graphite interior. It could be modded into this

Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
classy37

When I was shopping for mine, I alsolutely fell in love with the stone interior. Gives an awesome contrast between the black dash and grey seats. Unfortunately, I more importantly wanted a white exterior, and the dealer did not have this color combo. If I did it all over again, I would have ordered Moonlight White + Stone

Not a fan of the graphite interior at all, although it is very popular. I don't know why, but it just does not look good to me in a G.

I also think tint is played out. It looks great on some colors, and totally cheapens others. I've seen a bunch of MB's/Beemers slammed on 20"+ that looked incredible with no tint, which would have ruined them IMO.

+1 on the clearbra. I wish I had done this, but its probably too late at this point.

Last edited by classy37; 09-23-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 AM
jasyn

i have MW with stone .. not bad .. but i'm always afraid of leaving marks in it. out of all ur choices i'd go with LP. that was my 2nd choice
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM
JonfromCB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From a perspective of practicality....Lighter interior colors are cooler during summer
months or in a hotter climate. Darker exterior colors look great when they are
clean, but show dirt and road grime more between cleanings. Lighter exterior
colors have brought higher resale values in recent years due to not showing
dings and scratches as easily as dark colors. Also consider what you can live
with as is, compared to what is going to make you want to modify/alter to change
the look....Wheels, tint, stripes, spoilers, etc....every modification you make to
your car will result in a net loss of resale value at time of trade or sale.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
KLB

I waited about three months before I got my clear bra. I wish I had known about them when I bought the car. I had about 5 or 6 chips in that three months. Get it put on before you even take the car.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
mark34

I tend to like darker interiors, especially leather sport seats with white stitching as this car has. However, with the black dash on other black parts, I think the black interior makes the G37 interior look a little too homogenous. I don't tend to be a "grey" interior fan, but really think it suits this car. There is nice contrast and the interior still makes the dash pop and the faux aluminum trim pop as well. Also I live in Austin and it is cooler, not to mention it feels less claustrophobic over time. The black interior is very nice, I just think the "grey-ish" suits the car nicely.