G37 Sedan

Can't get a G37 Sedan Sport RWD here in MI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
BlueMalibu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't get a G37 Sedan Sport RWD here in MI?

So I'm trying to lease the following to replace my CTS

G37 Sport SEDAN
Manual Trans
Performance Brake Pads
Black Grill.
RWD - NOT - AWD.

Those are the only options I want.

My CTS lease is up in mid November so I thought if I look now then, surely, I could get one by then.

But it seems ALL the G37s around here (Michigan) are AWD and Auto Trans. AND the dealer tells me he can't order one now and it make it here by mid-November.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or are they just trying to get me to buy one off the lot (which ain't going to happen cause MT is a MUST for me).

I also looked at a 328i (yes I know it is slower) and they can get it exactly the way I want it and it will be here by Nov 1.

Thanks all.

Last edited by BlueMalibu; 09-18-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Sedan
Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
medgar

Which dealer did you try? I am assuming you tried Troy or Novi. I think there is also one in Grand Rapids. I want to get an 09 G37s sedan auto in a couple of years. They seem to be pretty rare in the midwest, at least from what I am finding on autotrader and cars.com.

Let us know what you find out.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:52 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordering a Japanese car in general takes 90+ days for delivery. Try www.CarsDirect.com, they may be able to get you the car you want.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 PM
SindhiStyle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno which dealer you have tried contacting, but def try talking to the Suburban Infiniti Dealership in Novi (I spoke to a lady named Brenda, she is one of the sales mangers). I thought the one in troy was pretty useless when trying to make a purchase.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM
BlueMalibu

Originally Posted by gaddamit
I dunno which dealer you have tried contacting, but def try talking to the Suburban Infiniti Dealership in Novi (I spoke to a lady named Brenda, she is one of the sales mangers). I thought the one in troy was pretty useless when trying to make a purchase.
It was the Suburban in Novi. I will try Ann Arbor next. I did do the on-line inventory search for the other area dealers and they all showed all g37 sedans as AWD - Automatic.

I'll try carsdirect and see if that works.

Well if the normal is 90 days to order I guess that is it. I thought BMW was bad at 8 weeks!

Parker
Old 09-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Alex57r

Its amazing that they still dont stock RWDs. Back in the begining of the year it was next to impossible to get a RWD anywhere here in the north east. Some people ordered them and waited and paid more other like me settled for XSs. You might have to go south or find a willing dealer.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:17 AM
SindhiStyle

there are plenty of G37 RWD's in atlanta if you are willing to make the trip! LOL

To get the midnight grille factory installed will be difficult to find unless you want the aero dynamic package as well. Most of the time they both go hand in hand. Either you have both, or you have neither...
Old 09-19-2009, 08:56 AM
DrJones

just order one from another dealership and have it trucked in... you'll pay the shipping price (or just roll it into the cost of the car).
Old 09-20-2009, 12:07 PM
rx794
Registered Member

Dude, I wanted a fully optioned G37S RWD with every option available except for the 4WS and I ended up ordering mine because the car just isn't around. Took me months to get it because of this.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
BlueMalibu

Originally Posted by gaddamit
there are plenty of G37 RWD's in atlanta if you are willing to make the trip! LOL

To get the midnight grille factory installed will be difficult to find unless you want the aero dynamic package as well. Most of the time they both go hand in hand. Either you have both, or you have neither...
Hey, its only 10 hours from Atlanta so that is an option!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM
stratos

Check the dealers in DC. I found a bunch of them in their stock and I got 1 from them just yesterday.

Stratos.-
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
pnk
Registered Member

I had a similar challenge as well. I live in the Boston area and I wanted a G37S Journey (i.e. RWD automatic). There are a handful of 6-MTs out here, but there were no Journeys at all.

I tried working with a Boston area dealer to have them search for a car that met my needs, and even agreed upon a price. But after 3 weeks of them dawdling around, I bit the bullet and made a deal with an Infiniti dealership in DC.

Flew out about 3 weeks ago, picked up the car, and drove back all in the same day. (My experience with the DC dealership after the sale was pretty horrible, so PM me if you are considering working with someone in DC).

But it was certainly worth it. For my taste, the Infiniti G37Xs understeers too much and is sprung too softly. Now that my car is fully broken in, I really enjoy hitting the gas and taking the right set through a turn.

pnk

Last edited by pnk; 09-22-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup, you are not going to find one too easily. They don't stock them because the demand for AWD is insane. Most people don't want RWD. Infiniti just wants to sell cars so you can't blame them.

We should be happy they even bother to offer RWD these days.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Alex57r

Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN

We should be happy they even bother to offer RWD these days.
Hah? Happy they even offer it? If they don't offer it, there are always other cars from other companies for those people who want RWD. Infiniti should be happy we work so hard to get the car optioned the way we want it or settle for the ones they have in stock not the other way around.

Aren't we the customers? Or should we just feel honored paying for whatever they are feeding us?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:44 PM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex57r
Aren't we the customers? Or should we just feel honored paying for whatever they are feeding us?
If you mean "we" as in the people in this forum, then that's probably about .01% of the G37 customer base. If you mean G37 buyers in general, then Infiniti does listen to their customer. The G37 customer wants AWD and that's what's being heavily supplied.

The G started as RWD only. Infiniti listened to the customer and competition by offering AWD.

As for moving to another brand. Audi = AWD only. BMW, try finding a RWD 335i in the midwest for under $50K.
IS250 AWD, CTS4, and the list goes on. AWD is what the customer in this segment prefers, so I do feel appreciative that Infiniti still offers RWD.

Quick Reply: Can't get a G37 Sedan Sport RWD here in MI?