G37 Sedan

Delivery of My G37 is Taking FOREVER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 PM
jmsg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery of My G37 is Taking FOREVER!

My dealership told me to expect the delivery of my car around September 4. This is my first experience with Nissan/Infiniti. I've previously always bought American. (That's not intended to start off a tangent!) Are Infiniti's typically delivered early, late, or when the dealer says to expect it?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my first car, so I don't know. All I can say is when I bought my car the dealer told me they had the model with the options that I want arriving on a boat in 2 weeks, and it got here in 2 weeks.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
jmsg37

Originally Posted by PSYH
This is my first car, so I don't know. All I can say is when I bought my car the dealer told me they had the model with the options that I want arriving on a boat in 2 weeks, and it got here in 2 weeks.
I'm hoping it gets here a little earlier. The dealer told me "it might be here by the end of next week" but he initially told me the estimated date was September 4. I can't tell if he's saying that just to get me to basically shut up for awhile. I guess I'm just a little too anxious for it!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 PM
IronGuard

Originally Posted by jmsg37
I'm hoping it gets here a little earlier. The dealer told me "it might be here by the end of next week" but he initially told me the estimated date was September 4. I can't tell if he's saying that just to get me to basically shut up for awhile. I guess I'm just a little too anxious for it!
There is only one more shipment coming from Japan for the 09 G37s. I assume that's what your guy was talking about when he said estimated date of Sept 4th. After that, all shipments will be for 2010 models. Or maybe they ship special orders separately, really I don't know...

That date probably seems like an eternity, but really it's right around the corner.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:04 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's possible. They obviously want to make the sale as soon as possible as they get higher kickbacks for inventory that gets sold faster.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
jmsg37

Originally Posted by PSYH
It's possible. They obviously want to make the sale as soon as possible as they get higher kickbacks for inventory that gets sold faster.
I don't know how this impacts things, but I'm on a VPP A-plan, so they're not making a great deal off of the sale to me (at least I don't think they are). I'm trying not to be a royal pain in the **** to the salesman, but because the lease incentive ends on August 31 but the financing doesn't end until September 30, I am in a little bit of a bind if I choose to lease. I guess either way, it does me no good to try to get it here any faster than the truck can move.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Riley
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IronGuard
There is only one more shipment coming from Japan for the 09 G37s. I assume that's what your guy was talking about when he said estimated date of Sept 4th. After that, all shipments will be for 2010 models. Or maybe they ship special orders separately, really I don't know...

That date probably seems like an eternity, but really it's right around the corner.
Are you sure? you might be correct but I was told that in Canada, don't expect the 2010 models until November. We're waiting on a July production car that's on the boat heading over now... should be here in 1 or 2 weeks (?), dealer isn't sure... It's like watching paint dry waiting for it and we just bought it 6 days ago.

Regarding the OP, the dealer should be motivated to close the deal so hang tight... it's coming.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 PM
jmsg37

The main reason it feels like an eternity is that I've got a fantasy football draft to attend next weekend. I'd rather drive my new G37 rather than a dumpy SUV.

I assume there aren't any problems with, say, 200-mile road trips during the break-in phase, are there?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM
IronGuard

Originally Posted by Riley
Are you sure? you might be correct but I was told that in Canada, don't expect the 2010 models until November. We're waiting on a July production car that's on the boat heading over now... should be here in 1 or 2 weeks (?), dealer isn't sure... It's like watching paint dry waiting for it and we just bought it 6 days ago.

Regarding the OP, the dealer should be motivated to close the deal so hang tight... it's coming.
There's a dealer (sewell) that posts on Edmunds' forum and he said with regard to American-bound G37's, there is just one more mass shipment of 09 G's coming and then in January, the 2010 G's arrive.

It's possible Canadian shipment schedules are different, I don't know. Or maybe Sewell is saying there is only one more shipment to entice people to buy his cars... Anything is possible.

But it must be nice waiting for your car. I'm sure it's just a *tad* more exciting than watching paint dry.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 PM
jmsg37

There's a dealer (sewell) that posts on Edmunds' forum and he said with regard to American-bound G37's, there is just one more mass shipment of 09 G's coming and then in January, the 2010 G's arrive.

It's possible Canadian shipment schedules are different, I don't know. Or maybe Sewell is saying there is only one more shipment to entice people to buy his cars... Anything is possible.

But it must be nice waiting for your car. I'm sure it's just a *tad* more exciting than watching paint dry.
I guess that presents an interesting issue, though I think I've answered it. I could just wait until the 2010s arrive (which may be the only thing that would be slightly more exciting than waiting for my 2009), but the problem is that I likely wouldn't have 0% financing over 36 months. Any thoughts on this? Please tell me I'm not crazy to buy the '09 model.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 PM
IronGuard

I guess that presents an interesting issue, though I think I've answered it. I could just wait until the 2010s arrive (which may be the only thing that would be slightly more exciting than waiting for my 2009), but the problem is that I likely wouldn't have 0% financing over 36 months. Any thoughts on this? Please tell me I'm not crazy to buy the '09 model.
I assume you live in Canada, which I'm unaware of the incentives there. Nevertheless, it's customary the later in the year the bigger the deals. You'll have to wait till next year this time to get a similar deal. And by that time, you'll wanna wait for the 2011 - cause that'll likely be the year of Direct Injection G's.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 PM
jmsg37

I assume you live in Canada, which I'm unaware of the incentives there. Nevertheless, it's customary the later in the year the bigger the deals. You'll have to wait till next year this time to get a similar deal. And by that time, you'll wanna wait for the 2011 - cause that'll likely be the year of Direct Injection G's.
No, I'm a US resident. So, I've got that "limited engagement" offer of 0% over 36 months or cash back. Or, if I want to lease, the roughly $379/mo for 39 months.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 PM
IronGuard

No, I'm a US resident. So, I've got that "limited engagement" offer of 0% over 36 months or cash back. Or, if I want to lease, the roughly $379/mo for 39 months.

Yeah that's a great deal. That's one of the main reasons why Nissan/Infiniti is doing so well - 0% financing.

Also, if you purchase a car in 2009, you can deduct the sales tax and get money back in 2010. Say you're in the 35% tax bracket, and you paid $2k in taxes, you'll get back $700 next year.

I just hope you're getting a good price. I've seen internet deals at $3500 below invoice for a G37 sedan w/AWD. Deals are that good now.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Riley
Registered Member

I think the deals won't get any better and thus the 2010 will be more $$.

This is the best deal you will see for awhile and maybe forever.

When the DI models come out, I'll need to wait for 2012 to get the bugs out then sell my gutless IS250 daily driver.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
jmsg37

Yeah that's a great deal. That's one of the main reasons why Nissan/Infiniti is doing so well - 0% financing.

Also, if you purchase a car in 2009, you can deduct the sales tax and get money back in 2010. Say you're in the 35% tax bracket, and you paid $2k in taxes, you'll get back $700 next year.

I just hope you're getting a good price. I've seen internet deals at $3500 below invoice for a G37 sedan w/AWD. Deals are that good now.
$3500 below invoice?! That's an incredible deal. I'm not sure the A-plan would even get close to that. Where did you see that kind of price? Please post.

Quick Reply: Delivery of My G37 is Taking FOREVER!