G37 Sedan

Delivery of My G37 is Taking FOREVER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:00 AM
jmsg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that's me right now. Driving my wife nuts. I feel like I'm jinxing myself and when it gets here there are going to be problems. Fingers are crossed.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Mike P

The best deals were last year and the begining of this year, most auto companies had over produced. Inventories were high and no one was buying. I had begun looking for a new car about mid second quarter of 2008. Economy had not fallen off the cliff yet. Deals were hard to find but begning in June thigs started to change. Then in the 4th quarter they were really dealing.

I decided on mine around July when I heard about the changes in 2009. So I ordered a Coupe. Changed my mind to the Sedan and my delearship found one going to Chicago that they then got rerouted to Indy. When it was recieved mine Infiniti had $1,500 for 2009, $2,500 for 2008. I ended up getting a car a basically ordered, got it probably before most (when I recieved mine they said that the only 2009 being delivered were the ones that people ordered. I was one a few who ordered one at my delearship), and I paid under invoice. I had never heard of that. Ordering a car and then negotiating the price. Usually had to pay a premium for ordering, especially when there were upgrades.

My wife was also in the market. The delearship still ordered my Coupe, so it came in. My wife was looking at the 2008 G35's. They were discounting about $8,000 off sticker. But we decided on the 2009 Coupe instead. We also got that one below invoice.

I think the time to buy is basically over. This was historic since the manufacturers (all of them) way over produced. They kept thinking that the US market was a 16 million unit market. So in 2008 and the begining of 2009 production was way over done and inventories were bloated. Since then, they have all scaled back production and are now producing to a 11 million unit US market. Soon inventories will be lower and this will again turn to the delear and manufacturers advantage.

So if you can get a discount, then do it. As the delear from Texass said, the supply of the G (and all new cars for that matter) is drying up. 2010 production will more in line with demand. Bargins are gone my friends. The bargins will soon be gone.

One thing I like about the "Cash for CLunker" program, is it is helping to stabilize used car prices. We'll all benefit from that.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:51 PM
SOLISIMO

Did you order your G37 from HPautoworks?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:01 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^
Old 08-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Riley
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mike P
The best deals were last year and the begining of this year, most auto companies had over produced. Inventories were high and no one was buying. I had begun looking for a new car about mid second quarter of 2008. Economy had not fallen off the cliff yet. Deals were hard to find but begning in June thigs started to change. Then in the 4th quarter they were really dealing.

I decided on mine around July when I heard about the changes in 2009. So I ordered a Coupe. Changed my mind to the Sedan and my delearship found one going to Chicago that they then got rerouted to Indy. When it was recieved mine Infiniti had $1,500 for 2009, $2,500 for 2008. I ended up getting a car a basically ordered, got it probably before most (when I recieved mine they said that the only 2009 being delivered were the ones that people ordered. I was one a few who ordered one at my delearship), and I paid under invoice. I had never heard of that. Ordering a car and then negotiating the price. Usually had to pay a premium for ordering, especially when there were upgrades.

My wife was also in the market. The delearship still ordered my Coupe, so it came in. My wife was looking at the 2008 G35's. They were discounting about $8,000 off sticker. But we decided on the 2009 Coupe instead. We also got that one below invoice.

I think the time to buy is basically over. This was historic since the manufacturers (all of them) way over produced. They kept thinking that the US market was a 16 million unit market. So in 2008 and the begining of 2009 production was way over done and inventories were bloated. Since then, they have all scaled back production and are now producing to a 11 million unit US market. Soon inventories will be lower and this will again turn to the delear and manufacturers advantage.

So if you can get a discount, then do it. As the delear from Texass said, the supply of the G (and all new cars for that matter) is drying up. 2010 production will more in line with demand. Bargins are gone my friends. The bargins will soon be gone.

One thing I like about the "Cash for CLunker" program, is it is helping to stabilize used car prices. We'll all benefit from that.
while I generally agree with what you are saying, the manufacturer to dealer incentives in canada have never been higher (been that way since March or April). True we are near the end of the big disounts but there's still time. True they were way over stocking in early 2009 but the rebates still were not at their peak (as they are now). At least that's the story in Canada.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
jmsg37

It arrived! Very happy.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
COngrats!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Riley
Registered Member

do you know if it's July production or June?
Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 AM
ImToast

Originally Posted by jmsg37
It arrived! Very happy.
DAMMIT!!!! I ordered mine in July and still waiting...

I am going to have a serious talking to with my dealer now...

ImToast
Old 08-29-2009, 10:11 AM
jmsg37

Originally Posted by ImToast
DAMMIT!!!! I ordered mine in July and still waiting...

I am going to have a serious talking to with my dealer now...

ImToast
Yeah, it arrived except my wife noticed a small spot on rear
passenger side door where it looks like manufacturer forgot a tiny bit of paint. Really frustrating when that happens with a brand spanking new car. I'm scared to even let the dealer mess with it.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 PM
ImToast

I just found out from Infiniti the bad news. Looks like I will not get my '09 BO G37S sedan this month Apparently, its being built as we speak so looks like the end of October. Man... That royally sucks!! I guess its more bike time until it arrives.

ImToast