G37 Sedan

Delivery of My G37 is Taking FOREVER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
IronGuard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmsg37
$3500 below invoice?! That's an incredible deal. I'm not sure the A-plan would even get close to that. Where did you see that kind of price? Please post.
Google JBA Infiniti, in Ellicot City, MD.

Check their internet deals.

They are also selling G37 coupe with Nav, Premium for $8k below MSRP.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:53 PM
jmsg37

Unfortunately no premium package, otherwise it would have looked good.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
IronGuard

Unfortunately no premium package, otherwise it would have looked good.
You should be able to get a similar deal if you live in an area with multiple dealerships. Right now, most people are paying invoice or less, and and if you take off the cash to dealer incentive $2500, the sales price is at least $2500 below invoice. I've been watching the market intensely now for a couple months, and I think the deals will get even better. Of course, the selection will dwindle, as well.

Last year in October, Infiniti was offering even better incentives - $4000 total. I'm not sure if that'll happen again this year, because I think they have adjusted to the poor economy. But it's anyone's guess.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:03 AM
jmsg37

Originally Posted by IronGuard
You should be able to get a similar deal if you live in an area with multiple dealerships. Right now, most people are paying invoice or less, and and if you take off the cash to dealer incentive $2500, the sales price is at least $2500 below invoice. I've been watching the market intensely now for a couple months, and I think the deals will get even better. Of course, the selection will dwindle, as well.

Last year in October, Infiniti was offering even better incentives - $4000 total. I'm not sure if that'll happen again this year, because I think they have adjusted to the poor economy. But it's anyone's guess.
At the VPP A-plan, I'm already getting over 3.5% below invoice. I could take the cash to dealer incentive (I think), but then I'd lose my 36-month 0% financing. That is more valuable to me over 36 months.

I am right that I can take the cash to dealer only in lieu of the financing, right?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 AM
IronGuard

At the VPP A-plan, I'm already getting over 3.5% below invoice. I could take the cash to dealer incentive (I think), but then I'd lose my 36-month 0% financing. That is more valuable to me over 36 months.

I am right that I can take the cash to dealer only in lieu of the financing, right?
You're correct; it's either or. But I think that's a great plan through VPP. Go for it because it's a good price and the financing can't be beat.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 AM
jmsg37

You're correct; it's either or. But I think that's a great plan through VPP. Go for it because it's a good price and the financing can't be beat.
Alright, you convinced me. I'll buy it.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:46 AM
SlipperyPete

Unless you're borrowing 40k you'd still be better off taking the $2500 and going with 3.99 from penfed.org. Just make sure you stick to your 36 month plan as if you were getting 0% and you'll come out a few hundered ahead. Of course the less you borrow the better off you'll be, but run the numbers, $2500 is hard to beat.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM
SlipperyPete

I've seen this $4000 posted before and while I don't remember exactly what was offered last year, are you sure this information is correct? I thought it was $3000 cash back and $1000 loyalty? Which if it's the same as right now, the loyalty is only good for leasing and cannot be combined with the other incentive. Just don't want you to get your hopes up for something that may never come. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see $3000 before the end of the year but not being able to find the car you want may not be worth the $500.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 PM
netmag

Originally Posted by Riley
Are you sure? you might be correct but I was told that in Canada, don't expect the 2010 models until November.
I've seen some other information indicating that the 2010's wouldn't be widely available on dealer lots until January of next year.

If that's the case (or even if it's December), that better be one big shipment if that guy was serious about their only being one more. I live in an area with a bunch of Infiniti dealerships (like 6 of them) and most of them seem to be pretty scarce already in terms of the 09 G37's. There are some color combos that aren't even around at any dealerships within 200 miles.

I don't know how big a "shipment" is though, but it better be a sizeable one because otherwise I don't know if these dealerships around here will have enough inventory to last to Dec/Jan.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
IronGuard

Originally Posted by netmag
I've seen some other information indicating that the 2010's wouldn't be widely available on dealer lots until January of next year.

If that's the case (or even if it's December), that better be one big shipment if that guy was serious about their only being one more. I live in an area with a bunch of Infiniti dealerships (like 6 of them) and most of them seem to be pretty scarce already in terms of the 09 G37's. There are some color combos that aren't even around at any dealerships within 200 miles.

I don't know how big a "shipment" is though, but it better be a sizeable one because otherwise I don't know if these dealerships around here will have enough inventory to last to Dec/Jan.
This guys on Edmunds' forum who is the internet dealer for Sewell Dealership in Texas said this:

They are discontinuing the Garnet Ember on the G37 sedan. We have 4 in our pipeline coming to Dallas. There is one at our Houston store and 2 on the way there also.

2009 G37 sedans are going to be in short supply very soon. There is one more large batch coming over from Japan, they should hit the dealers in September, then supplies will dwindle from there. We sold 8 in the last two days, leaving us with 35 left (half of those demos) - if we continue to sell them like we have been I will be sold out within 8 days - luckily we have resupply in route.
He has the ability to check the database to see which colors and options are available in the United States. That's what makes me think he's telling the truth.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After waiting a few months for mine...my car got damaged in shipping on my way to the dealership...at least that is the story I got. They really had no reason to lie as I was a customer waiting for a car...unless the screwed up the order. At any rate...that was my bummer story....lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Riley
Registered Member

Many, many years ago, a friend of mine did a special order and had a deal at a resonable price. After waiting for months, he later found out that they sold it to someone else that offered/paid more. You never know what happens to that car that never shows up.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Sonic GT

My car too is on the Sept 4th time table. I assume you ordered. I talked with the dealer, who then talked with Corporate and shot me down an update that the cars were being loaded for Los Angeles. I have not checked in the last week but your dealer can do the same thing, do you have your order number?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM
jmsg37

Originally Posted by Sonic GT
My car too is on the Sept 4th time table. I assume you ordered. I talked with the dealer, who then talked with Corporate and shot me down an update that the cars were being loaded for Los Angeles. I have not checked in the last week but your dealer can do the same thing, do you have your order number?
I think my dealer would kill me if I contact them again. From what you're saying the
cars hadn't even reached LA a week ago. It could
be several more weeks then. The dealer gave me the impression that it could get here early, though I'm doubtful.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Sonic GT

He told me it could get here early as well but told me upfront to expect it mid-Sept. That way, if it came earlier it would be a bigger surprise. My wife, who the car is actually for, is ending our vaction early so we can be back in case the car shows up the weekend of the 4th. I know (or so I have been told) once it is in LA, certain items will be installed on the cars (spoilers and such) before transport to their final destinations. If this is true I would assume our cars are arriving or about to arrive in LA. Lets hope they get here early, my wife driving me nuts!

Quick Reply: Delivery of My G37 is Taking FOREVER!