G37 Sedan

storage suggestions for G37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
LTrainG37

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I keep my registration and insurance card in the ash tray. They are both folded once and fit just fine. SC registration is a small piece of paper (less than 3x5) and proof of insurance is the size of a credit card.

Owners manuals and all that jazz stay in their case in that velcro holder thing, in the trunk.

My iPhone 3 which now serves iPod duties stays in the center console plugged in all the time. I also put my wallet in the center console.

My iPhone 4 stays in the cup holder. I rarely have a drink in the car and if I do there is still room in the cupholder for my phone.

I keep my keys either in the key slot or in the door pull. I hate having anything in my pockets when I am driving.

In the glove box I have two pairs of sunglasses, a small stack of napkins, a pen, small pad of paper, a small LED flashlight and my SunPass for when I'm on the toll roads down in FL.

Map pockets, door storage, and sunglass holder are all empty.

I came from a 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie, and there was so much storage in there I didn't know what to do with 3/4 of it. I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't have room for my stuff but once I got it all sorted I was fine. There is more than enough room (at least for me) in there.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 PM
zrzrzrzr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first aid kit is located in the rear seat arm rest. (look on the passenger side)
Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My registration and insurance card is stored behind the passenger sun visor in the little credit card slot. My glove compartment(Which is always locked) contains my napkins and my gun. Center console has my ipod, a pen, a little travel size bottle of cologne and my phone. Everything else is in the trunk. BTW, I really hate the cup holders in this car.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
DadsTaxi

Originally Posted by maxfinity
BTW, I really hate the cup holders in this car.
I hear ya on the upholders. Every Nissan product I've owned or driven has had crappy cup holders, but oh well. Didn't buy it for the upholders. On the storage side, I've not had any issues, registration and insurance, napkins and flashlight in the glove box, iPod in the center console, remote for the gate in the ashtray, done. The First Aid kit and Owner's manuals are all in the trunk.

Last edited by DadsTaxi; 09-02-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Need spellcheck.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 AM
taek

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i like everything about this car EXCEPT the cup holders. they just dont work
Old 09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by taek
i like everything about this car EXCEPT the cup holders. they just dont work
They work fine for a 'normal' sized drinks.
They were not designed for drinks that have their own undertow

(undertow bit stolen from Dennis Miller)
Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM
dseltz

I like to keep my phone easily accessible to I would rather not keep it in my pocket or in the console (just my preference). I'll see how the mobivalet works. Another storage solution that I'm using is caselogic front seat organizer: Case Logic Front Seat Organizer > Automotive Organization > Case Logic

I would rather keep as much of my "stuff" hidden as is possible and this solution gives me a lot of extra space and keeps things out of sight.

A last tip: I use the Powervolt dual usb car charger in place of the cigarette lighter. It is very small so the ashtray door closes with no problem and I get two usb outlets.
Amazon.com: Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro: Electronics
It fits great but I have not tried it yet.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dseltz
A last tip: I use the Powervolt dual usb car charger in place of the cigarette lighter. It is very small so the ashtray door closes with no problem and I get two usb outlets.

That is pretty cool. I might do that in the consule so the wife and I can keep both phones on the charger at the same time. I found leaving the phone in the consule keeps me from texting and emailing while driving. If it's out it just too tempting at a light and then you start driving. Never fails.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dseltz
I like to keep my phone easily accessible to I would rather not keep it in my pocket or in the console (just my preference). I'll see how the mobivalet works. Another storage solution that I'm using is caselogic front seat organizer: Case Logic Front Seat Organizer > Automotive Organization > Case Logic

I would rather keep as much of my "stuff" hidden as is possible and this solution gives me a lot of extra space and keeps things out of sight.

If you put that case logic thing in your G, a gang of us will find you and confiscate your G, lol j/k
I do like the Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro port though. My 2011 G has a USB port in the armrest but you can never have enough USB ports when you have 3 kids and 2 are teens. Thx
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
dallasdan

iPhone 4 fits perfectly in the ashtray.