G37 Sedan

storage suggestions for G37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:38 PM
calvin_hobbes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
Haha...I came from an S2k, this is like a fricken uhaul to me
I honestly dont think i have seen smaller storage space in a car....
I guess i expected more from a 40K luxury car
Old 08-12-2009, 10:40 PM
calvin_hobbes

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Solution = store your **** in your house. Even the door pockets are small. At first I was like WTF! But when you think about it, it will help keep your ride uncluttered. The only thing that pissed me off was that the owners binder wouldn't even fit in the glove. But it stored nicely in the trunk net! So I am happy!
christ...can i fit my registration in the glove box?
flashlight...
why am i having to get out of my car to the trunk to get basic items.
It has been delivered yet.....and i havent signed anything...they just charged my cc for to secure delivery......i wonder if i can back out
Old 08-12-2009, 11:52 PM
fillup
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by calvin_hobbes
No cell phone can fit the in the ashtray thats what the cupholder is for
The reason you have storage is so you dont have to reach around while driving into your back seat.
My Nokia E71 fits perfectly in the ashtray if I have drinks in the cupholder. Either that, or I keep a couple CF cards in there.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM
SlipperyPete

I honestly dont think i have seen smaller storage space in a car....
I guess i expected more from a 40K luxury car
Calvin, not to diminish or take anything away from the G sedan, but in all honesty it is an entry level luxury sedan that can be had for just over 30k. While with options you can reach mid 40’s the size of the vehicle does not change with options. I don’t want to tell you what you should or shouldn’t buy but if space is that big of a factor you might want to check into the M series and see if that fits your bill. Or if price is a factor you can always check out the Maxima, though coming from a previous owner, I would never go back to FWD semi sports sedan over the G. Remember, the G is a Sports Sedan and like any sports car, storage space is not a selling factor. Best of luck in your decision and I doubt you’ll hear from a member here who wishes they had bought something with more storage over the exhilaration of the G…
Old 08-13-2009, 10:03 AM
KLB

flashlight...
It has been delivered yet.....and i havent signed anything...they just charged my cc for to secure delivery......i wonder if i can back out
As unappy as you seem to be with the car you probably should.

Go check out a Hyundai Genesis sedan. Maybe that will be more to your liking.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
jjkusaf

No cell phone can fit the in the ashtray thats what the cupholder is for
The reason you have storage is so you dont have to reach around while driving into your back seat.
The blackberry pearl does fit very well.
Cup holder is for the coffee
Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
klossfam

A couple things I do: A Case Logic wedge for the passenger seat (for quick storage of keys, wallet, phone
http://www.caselogic.com/cell_phone_...?modelid=57172
Doesn't even interfere with front seat passengers. The door map pockets for a short umbrella, small Kleenex box, etc. The ash tray as my coin holder (easy to remove too).
I use the rear center armrest storage for seldom used things like extra sunglasses. I use the velcro backing on the owners manual and first aid kit case and stick to the side of the trunk.
The G is lacking in shortage. My previous 2006 A4 even had SUV-like drawers under the front seats and my other car, an 08 Highlander is a cubby/storage/ergonomic freak...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:00 PM
dseltz

I was going to try the Mobi Valet MobiValet - Your Cup Holder Can Have Its Old Job Back! for a place to put my iphone. Now if I could only get the bluetooth to connect reliably!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:26 AM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
flashlight...
I think you should look for another car. You seemed to care more about storage space rather than the performance, the good look and the excellent value of this car.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dseltz
I was going to try the Mobi Valet MobiValet - Your Cup Holder Can Have Its Old Job Back! for a place to put my iphone. Now if I could only get the bluetooth to connect reliably!
I just put our phones in the consule. One thing I noticed is when my battery gets too low on my phone it disables to bluetooth function. I keep it on the car charger in the consule and problem solved. My Thunderbolt with the apps I am running kills the battery fairly quick anyway.

We bought a couple of Starbucks cups that are narrow and it solved the cupholder issue while we went green at the same time. No more paper cups.

Lets see.........what I store in the car.....................owners manual in the glove box with registration and insurance card with a few napkins.......thats it other than the trunk stuff that came with the car.

The trunk fits our 2 suit cases with a bag full of goodies just incase (flash light, rain coats, emergency blankets etc etc) during road trips.

If I feel the need to carry a bunch of crap I take a different vehicle. I love the fact this car doesn't have a bunch of storage for the wife to collect crap like she does in the Jag. 90% of whats in that car will never be used or is trash. Reminds me of a junk drawer.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dseltz
Here is my phone solution. I made it when I had my 07X. It requires no screws or sticky tape. It holds firmly into almost every seam in the G. You can make it for < $5 and use a little Velcro to attach your device. If you use the back of an OtterBOX case, like I eventually did, then it costs a little more.
I agree with what most of you say, store your stuff in your house, garage or trunk. Aside from looking cluttered, unnecessary and loose stuff in the cabin can be dangerous anyway.

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 01-27-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 AM
harbin9er
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
it seems no one has mentioned the "cup holders" in the rear seats of the coupe. I think they are made for holding straws.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by harbin9er
it seems no one has mentioned the "cup holders" in the rear seats of the coupe. I think they are made for holding straws.
...probably because this is the G37 Sedan section
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM
harbin9er
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
^ lol woops my bad
Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
OP I've owned cars that had average sized gloveboxes for trunks!
A G ain't a SUV... thank goodness!
George Carlin has more to say about "Stuff". I agree with him the more space you have, the more you need. But here's my take on G storage...

I use bluetooth so my phone stays in my pocket. (Works for me, but, I understand.)
CD's get loaded on the music box and the iPod that stays in the center console.
"Paperwork" is in the glovebox.
Relatives go in the back seats. (One storage area not found in all cars and best left empty at times, but, good to have sometimes.)
I keep some stuff inside the pull-down rearseat arm rest. This is an area that could have been better exploited by Infiniti and some owners might not even notice it. IMHO.
And... for some other stuff I bought an extra zip-top bag / box made for use as an OEM Infiniti "leather" first aid kit on eBay. They are cheap, stick on the surface of the trunk liner and work great IMHO.
Personally, I also keep a pad and pen in the driver's door with a camera for the next guy to hit and run on me, a small streamlight flashlight, a remote for the gate, and an Express Lanes transponder. I also keep another... camera in the overhead holder made for sunglasses. But map pockets, door storage etc. is usually empty. This is all I really need to take and there is space to spare for me.
Personally, I love the car and rate it at the top of the dozens of makes and brands I've owned. I would buy it even without a glovebox.

Quick Reply: storage suggestions for G37 sedan