G37 Sedan

new to all things G including G forums questions about height, windows and more

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
chueyx1289

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to all things G including G forums questions about height, windows and more

Hi i just got a 2009 g37x sedan and there are alot of ideas that are popping out but i just don't have the ***** to do it honestly. i also have a few technical questions. Here's a list of things that popped out and any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated =)
1) Lowering car but i live in NYC and i don't know how intelligent that would be
2) tinting windows but NYC law states not more than 25% though i'm sure i can get about 50 without getting pulled over. What's a good amount of tint for a sedan? i've seen coupes with great window tint but idk about a sedan.
3) This is also something stupid but when i first got my car i got it with 253 miles on it and the dealer said they had to get it from the ports of jersey and all that bull. By now i have about 1400 miles on it and a bit late to complain but did i just get jipped?
4) i also floored it a few times before the recommended 1200 miles is that ok? and what's the point of the breaking in period anyways?

sorry for all the questions and if your tolerant enough to answer all my stupid questions i thank you greatly
Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1) u will learn to drive a lowered car. It really isn't bad at all once you get the ropes. Never attack a driveway, slope, dip or bump, straight-on. Drive it at an angle. I say just do it, you won't regret it. And besides, I'm sure you're just going to lower it, not slam it, right?

2) 35% all around is a good shade. Or i would do 35% all sides (front & rears) and 20% or 15% on the rear facing window.

3) Not sure about this.

4) Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1.I suggest joing G37NYC.com. Its a G enthusiast site with people from NYC. They will know the area around there to know what kind of drop to suggest to you and etc.

Give it a try, You can probably meet up with members from over there to help install parts too!

2. Check answer number 1

3. Are they saying they drove the car over there from NJ? I believe you got jip because they can use transportation trucks. Maybe you bought one that they let people test drive.

4. I have no clue here because I did the same thing as you.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 AM
chueyx1289

thanks for the recommendation to g37NYC i'll register for that site also
Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 AM
popcornten

make sure the warranty starts at the mileage you purchased the car with, so I think it's 60,000 + mileage already on car
Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) Lowering the car in NY is nuts unless the car is not your daily driver. I hit potholes sometimes that make me think that my stock riding car just fell appart. With the recession going on, they won't be fixing the roads any time soon.

2) tinting windows in NYC means occasional tickets. They can even give you a separate ticket for EVERY window (4 tcikets). Yet lots of people have tints and pay a couple of tickets a year so its up to you. Rememebrr that even the lightest tint when combined with the factory tint can be over 35% and if u get super light tints then whats the point?

3) Get this out of your head its too late and you got warranty anyway.

4) See #3.