G37 Sedan

The 2010 Infiniti Lineup – Charting the Changes!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
no one knows the price of the 2010's but consider the options in the 2009 that people are happy with already.

They've been changing the package options around in all the cars... the EX for 2009 makes the back up camera standard which is nice and you have to get the Nav Package to get the Bluetooth, but you can't get the Xenons unless you get the Premium Package...

for the G sedan... a lot of people honestly still don't have an iPod... I say for every 100 customers, only 20 of them have an iPod
Old 08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
1badmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking with a dealer in VA Beach, who I have been working with in getting a 2009, but of course have now decided to wait to get the 2010. The GM from their dealer says that he doesn't expect the cost to rise too much. He said that although on paper it seems like a lot of changes, in reality it is very little compared to say a complete remodel. Hopefully, they are right and January I'll be riding out in a 2010.....sweet!!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Lord, I just bought an 09 Journey - if i'd just waited! At least it's not getting direct injection. I'd be beside myself if the new Journey got all that stuff + 20 more horses.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Mockenrue

As a new G37x owner, I don't see anything on there that makes me wish I'd waited. I'll reserve judgement on the design changes until I see them. Honestly, a lot of the grill changes on new models these days are big steps backwards (I'm talking to you Acura). I love the styling and color of my 09. I used to have Zagat on an older car and never used it. A2DP is a cool feature, but I have not music on my phone at all. Nor do I put music on random USB devices. The iPod integration is already great... plus there's the music box, XM, and the Aux jack if I want to hook up my Zune too. I never watch DVDs in the car... the list goes on. Take a step back everyone - the driving experience will be the same. Like someone else said, if they'd included direct injection, it might be a different story. If you're thinking about a stock Journey, then it's probably worth the wait. Otherwise, enjoy the car you have (or will be getting soon).
Old 08-07-2009, 09:22 AM
sbebs2000

Originally Posted by mockenrue
as a new g37x owner, i don't see anything on there that makes me wish i'd waited. I'll reserve judgement on the design changes until i see them. Honestly, a lot of the grill changes on new models these days are big steps backwards (i'm talking to you acura). I love the styling and color of my 09. I used to have zagat on an older car and never used it. A2dp is a cool feature, but i have not music on my phone at all. Nor do i put music on random usb devices. The ipod integration is already great... Plus there's the music box, xm, and the aux jack if i want to hook up my zune too. I never watch dvds in the car... The list goes on. Take a step back everyone - the driving experience will be the same. Like someone else said, if they'd included direct injection, it might be a different story. If you're thinking about a stock journey, then it's probably worth the wait. Otherwise, enjoy the car you have (or will be getting soon).

+++++++1
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
link

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm thinking about a stock journey. so i'm gonna wait.

I have faith in infiniti midcycle refresh. They made the M35 look better.

as for the usb port..... it would make the ipod integration unnecessary, since the ipod can connect with a regular usb port too.

infiniti should've done the ipod integration with the usb port last year, rather than their proprietary cable.

if the usb port is still not standard, i hope the headunit is prewired, so we can add usb later. just like adding paddle shifters.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:18 PM
G37-6MT

Originally Posted by Mockenrue
As a new G37x owner, I don't see anything on there that makes me wish I'd waited. I'll reserve judgement on the design changes until I see them. Honestly, a lot of the grill changes on new models these days are big steps backwards (I'm talking to you Acura). I love the styling and color of my 09. I used to have Zagat on an older car and never used it. A2DP is a cool feature, but I have not music on my phone at all. Nor do I put music on random USB devices. The iPod integration is already great... plus there's the music box, XM, and the Aux jack if I want to hook up my Zune too. I never watch DVDs in the car... the list goes on. Take a step back everyone - the driving experience will be the same. Like someone else said, if they'd included direct injection, it might be a different story. If you're thinking about a stock Journey, then it's probably worth the wait. Otherwise, enjoy the car you have (or will be getting soon).
I agree and I'm not doing the sour grapes thing. If I just bought a Journey, I'd probably be upset, but for my current car, I don't see anything on that list that's really better for me personally. With this being my first car with navigation, I'm truly blown away with the current system and the 2009 ipod interface is terrific. From a technology perspective, those are the two things I love the most. From a performance perspective, I'm already thrilled with the car and no changes are in store. I would be upset if they added direct injection in 2010 and wished I would have waited. 350 hp and better fuel economy is hard not to like.

I'm wondering if the "grille changes" are simply adding the midnight grille as standard equipment for 2010??? Not sure, but I like the midnight grille and plan on adding one to my Moonlight White sedan. I think it looks best on a white car.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by G37-6MT
I agree and I'm not doing the sour grapes thing. If I just bought a Journey, I'd probably be upset, but for my current car, I don't see anything on that list that's really better for me personally. With this being my first car with navigation, I'm truly blown away with the current system and the 2009 ipod interface is terrific. From a technology perspective, those are the two things I love the most. From a performance perspective, I'm already thrilled with the car and no changes are in store. I would be upset if they added direct injection in 2010 and wished I would have waited. 350 hp and better fuel economy is hard not to like.

I'm wondering if the "grille changes" are simply adding the midnight grille as standard equipment for 2010??? Not sure, but I like the midnight grille and plan on adding one to my Moonlight White sedan. I think it looks best on a white car.
+1. Except for the Midnight Grill comment. Of course it looks best on a black car.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If the only changes for 2010 were a weight reduction by 300lbs, I would be 1000% happy.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 PM
PeterUbers

oh, and I hope they don't add chrome to the G37 like they did to the M35.. that would be not good.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:37 PM
The G

***Update***

OP in the house!!!! LOL! But here are a few pictures of the Next Generation Nissan Navigation System:

From the G37 Convertible:

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...-22_800x0w.jpg

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...-18_800x0w.jpg

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...-19_800x0w.jpg

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/image...vertible-1.jpg

From the 370Z Convertible:

http://www.nissanusa.com/microsite/z...n#/features/4/

http://www.nissanusa.com/microsite/z...n#/features/5/

Last edited by The G; 08-07-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
brynomon

Wow! I'm in love!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
PeterUbers

meh .. navi doesn't look that much better, no offense. thanks for the updated pics

red leather is cool, not my style though
Old 08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
328HP

Now thats much better than what I have now, good improvement to the Nav, there are certainly using better colors than the present Nav. Hopefully the sound recognition while using the Nav has been enhanced too. Cant wait to see what they did to the rest of the interior, thats what I care about the most. Thanks for posting the pics
Old 08-07-2009, 02:38 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HD Nav should have been offered from day one (Lexus had it since 07).

I wish they would offer black trim and 19" forged wheels on the G37S sedan instead of all that techno crap.

Quick Reply: The 2010 Infiniti Lineup – Charting the Changes!!!!!!!!!!