G37 Sedan

Moving on up to a G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
ImToast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Moving on up to a G37

I just ordered a new '09 BO G37S 6MT for myself to replace my current '05 G35 6MT I have had my G35 for 4 years and loved every minute of it, unfortunately the only regret that I have is I should have gotten the Navi with it but oh well it was fun. I certainly hope the G37S has a revised clutch on it as I hated the G35's clutch with a passion for engaging too late in the pedal travel. Anyone with a new G37 report on this?

ImToast
Old 08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

You did the same thing i did! I had a '05 BO 6mt, and i traded for a '08 BO 6mt. The clutch on the 37 is a quite a bit softer, and it was a little awkward for me at first. I do think that it's easier to drive than the 35 though, but not by much.

Congrats on the new ride-to-be! oh and don't forget to post pics of the old G as well as the new.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:08 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When you gettin her? Should be in ours sometime this week!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:27 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
clutch ingagement is similar to the 35. lots of travel and a bit too soft.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 AM
ImToast

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
When you gettin her? Should be in ours sometime this week!
I am hoping that I would get it around near the end of September. However, since I ordered the G in end of July I am keeping my fingers crossed. I would guess the car is going to be coming from the land of the Rising Sun on the slow boat.

ImToast
Old 08-03-2009, 06:10 AM
ImToast

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
You did the same thing i did! I had a '05 BO 6mt, and i traded for a '08 BO 6mt. The clutch on the 37 is a quite a bit softer, and it was a little awkward for me at first. I do think that it's easier to drive than the 35 though, but not by much.

Congrats on the new ride-to-be! oh and don't forget to post pics of the old G as well as the new.
Well that kinda sucks as I was looking for a noticable improvement. I have already gone through 3 clutch switches and its happening to me again.

All of the switches have been replaced by warranty, but I don't know if my luck will run out this time. Unfortunately, I can't even start the car with it not working correctly. Also can someone chime in on the interior noise level? Has Infiniti dones something about it? I can still hear my fuel pump at idle at times. LOL

Pics sure... But my '05 G has remained stock all around with the exception of performance grounding wires. The '09 is going to remain pretty much the same with the exception of grounding wires and window tints.

ImToast

Last edited by ImToast; 08-03-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Same here. I came from a 04 G35
Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ImToast
I just ordered a new '09 BO G37S 6MT for myself to replace my current '05 G35 6MT I have had my G35 for 4 years and loved every minute of it, unfortunately the only regret that I have is I should have gotten the Navi with it but oh well it was fun. I certainly hope the G37S has a revised clutch on it as I hated the G35's clutch with a passion for engaging too late in the pedal travel. Anyone with a new G37 report on this?

ImToast
Nice upgrade!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
DJ Hellfire

Originally Posted by ImToast
I am hoping that I would get it around near the end of September. However, since I ordered the G in end of July I am keeping my fingers crossed. I would guess the car is going to be coming from the land of the Rising Sun on the slow boat.

ImToast
Damn, why so long of a wait? You having it built? Couldn't just find one the way you want in inventory?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 PM
kanji0513

why don't you wait til the 2010 one released? I just bought my G37S in May, and realized that the 2010 G coming up with some changes, if I knew I'd wait to see how the new one looks, and probably can slash bit more out of the 09s by that time. But congratulations, and welcome join the V36s
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 AM
ImToast

I looked around all of the Infiniti dealerships within a 100 mile radius of me and found just one. It was an IP sedan and I just didn't want to get caught dead in it. So I had no choice but to order one. I knew that the new Gs were coming out soon, but since my current G was a lease, my options were kind of limited. If I had waited for the 2010s to come out, then there would be no incentive for me to get one since Infiniti would be charging whatever they want at a premium and the lease rates would definately would not be in my favor.

Getting a 2009 made sense for me because Infiniti wanted to get rid of the 09s and the incentives were good including the lease rates. I worked out a deal where my loyalty rate of 1% discount was guaranteed to me and any factory to dealer incentives were given to me at time of pickup. So I am looking pretty good at getting a vehicle at $75 above dealer cost with alll the options included. So it can only go down from here if Infiniti lowers the cost of the car.

So my savings right now look about $6500 below MSRP. Thats money sense to me.

ImToast
Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...sounds like a good deal. Hope you enjoy the new ride once she gets here off the boat.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
w0ady

congrats on the new order! i know there are things i miss about my 35 but i know you wont regret the upgrade.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Well my 37 has no clutch issues like my 35 did. The pedal would stick to the floor, hydraulic issues.. it was horrible.

For interior noises, when i had the interior stripped, there is a whine from something, i don't know what it is.. but a lot of people are experiencing it. Stock though, the exhaust noises are quieter.. and more subdued.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
ImToast

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Well my 37 has no clutch issues like my 35 did. The pedal would stick to the floor, hydraulic issues.. it was horrible.

For interior noises, when i had the interior stripped, there is a whine from something, i don't know what it is.. but a lot of people are experiencing it. Stock though, the exhaust noises are quieter.. and more subdued.
Thanks all for the congrats...

Well my G right know is pissing me off more so than ever and its probably because I am anxious to get my new G and being nit-picking about everything now. Well the first few days of having the car, I was on a steep hill and was completely stopped on it waiting for a light. Normally I wouldn't have any issues with driving a stick as I have have been driving a lot of years so practice isn't an issue. So, stopped on the hill waiting for the light to turn green, I start to let the clutch out at the same time giving it gas, as normal. Not wanting to roll back and hit other car behind me because the moron was like 2 inches from my rear I gave it..... oh maybe too much gas... I got what seems to be a real nasty feeling, as I continued to give it gas, the clutch pedal sank right to the floor and I wasn't moving anywhere but staying in one place. I immediately, applied the brakes and released the gas and clutch, I thought I was done for.

I turned off the car and turned it back on and try to get out of the hill and sure enough, I had no problem. I sent the car in to the dealer and explained to him what I had experienced and they mentioned they found no fault in the car. I don't even recall if the SLIP light was flashing at the time. I would assume the car was sensing too much torque at the wheels and just took over the clutch engagement, odd when its just a hydraulic clutch in its simplest form that it can do that.

Any mechanics if this is normal? It only happened once. Anyway, my car needs to have the clutch switch replaced, the clutch bellows as it sticks halfway in the travel and freaks me out when my foot feels no clutch in the normal position.

I only heard the fuel pump at idle and it was only noticable if I didn't have the music loud enough or not going fast enough other things like body creaking and the windows creaking. I thought I was driving an old abandoned home.

Quick Reply: Moving on up to a G37