G37 Sedan

Just got rear ended today :(.... got a quick question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM
dark86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got rear ended today :(.... got a quick question...

So after driving this brand new car for 3 weeks, I got rear ended on the highway today Both ends of the bumper poped out and theres some dent under my license plate. I was wondering if i can bring this to the dealer for the repair? or Do I have to just find a random collision center?
Never been in an accident before... kind of confused

thanks in advance
Old 07-25-2009, 08:51 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, if your local dealer has a body shop then you can take it their. If not, you have to find a body shop. Thing is, his insurance company is probably going to try to send you to one of their approved body shops. This can be bad depending on his insurance because some companies like to try to use either used or aftermarket parts for the repair to cut cost. I'd try to find a known good body shop in your area and try to get them to let you have the repairs done there with new OE parts. And make sure they get you a decent rental car. Nothing AT ALL should come out of your pocket except gas for the rental car and maybe optional rental car insurance!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
nogoodname
Banned

dealership is a good way to go.

Insurance told me to go their if i wanted to.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
brynomon

You should definitely have the car taken into the dealership. Thing is you never know exactly how the impact made a difference on the car. They need to check the brakes, chassis, and etc... I was in a 10 mph rear end collision by a psycho angry chick driving an old Vega that rear ended my old altima. She was arrested for being on meth... LOL. what an event this was. Anyways... Turned out the trunk wasn't opening closing absolutely correct which caused a leak from the outside. They also had to replace some stuff inside the trunk. There was no visible damage except for the lines on the trunk were off by a couple mm's. This happened like 10 years three cars ago.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

#1- Sorry about the accident
#2-As nogood said, you should be getting advice from your insurance agent. That's why you pay them thousands of dollars...
#3- Good luck to you
Old 07-25-2009, 11:18 PM
KLB

If your dealer does not have a body shop, they should be able to recommend one that works with Infinitis well
Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 PM
2009g37xs
Registered Member

what insurance company does that person have if its a good insurance company go 2 three body shops and get estimates and send their insurance company the two highest estimates... ive been in a couple of fender benders before, chances are the estimates are going to be recalculated when the take off your bumpers and see the real damage so go to a reputable shop which your dealer should be able to tell you about, ask a couple of dealers about where to go cause chances are there not going to be able to repair your car
Old 07-26-2009, 12:05 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Be careful going to a body shop recommended by your insurance comp. The insurance company in order to cut cost might send you to a shop that doesn't use genuine Infiniti parts.

Your Infiniti dealer must know a body shop in the area where they send their customers. If not find one on your own that will use genuine parts. Anyway that's what I would do If were in your shoes.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Herkypilot

dark86,

Your options may be affected by state law so I would call YOUR insurance company and ask what your options are. As a previous poster said, you pay them a lot of money and they should be very familiar with your states laws. Sometimes that's a good thing. In NC, you don't have to get estimates from multiple shops, you can take it to the shop of your choice. The other driver's ins is required to pay the tab no matter where you take it. They should also cover a rental car for you while yours is being repaired. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since the G37 has self-healing paint/clear coat, make sure you ask the body shop they carry this kind of paint/clear coat.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i've had a lot of experience with bodyshops and eventually owned one. i would suggest you should never take your car to a dealership bodyshop. there hasn't been one time i've taken a car to a dealership bodyshop that hadn't turned into a nightmare. go onto a local car forum and ask about THE BEST PLACE to get your car fixed. go to the suggested shops and ask to see some stuff they are working on and some finished repairs. the body shop should be clean, well organized and equipped.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM
dark86

yeah so I just drop off my car at the concierge claim service center and picked the body shop that Infiniti Of Norwood told me to go to.Its call DBA auto body, dealership said that shop do all the bodywork for them. None of the dealership around got their own body shop O_o.

I have to pay for the car rental and dedicable out of the pocket until they get the other guy's insurance all sorted out. The Ahole won't pick up my phone call and hang up on me when I use another phone to call him. Haha..
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Did he get a ticket for rear-ending you? In Illinois all rear ended accidents are the fault of the "rear-ender", even if the car ahead slams on their brakes it's still their fault for following too close.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
dark86

nope... the police refused to come because no one was hurt and both cars can still move..
I am going to file a police report tho. My claim handler also said its most likely 100% his fault, but they can't say for certain until they talk to the other insurance company.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Bummer. Hope you get it all fixed properly and your insurance company can collect from the other party. Once again, in Illinois you must file a police accident report if any car suffered more than $500 in damage. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Just got rear ended today :(.... got a quick question...