G37 Sedan

Can lemon law be applied to this case?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 AM
njchen24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can lemon law be applied to this case?

Greetings:

I already have my 09 G37x with 1200 miles bought in Long Island, NY, on 06/01/2009, service for the AC three times at a local dealer in Summit, NJ. The first time, the diagnostic was "performance test, OK". The 2nd time, the dealer changes the evaporator. The 3rd time, the dealer changes the cooler compressor. The AC is now fixed but the heat doesn't work. I set it to 75° and it blows only fresh / cold (not even warm) air . The outside T° here is ~60° at 6:30 AM. I have to set it to 90° to start feeling some hot air.
- Does AC and heat consider to be one or seperate issue?
- Can Lemon law apply to this case? If so, how does it work if I already have $3000 3M paint protection film installed on it and the rear bumper has a little scratch?
- Should the car be brought back to the original dealer where it has been purchased or any dealer should honor this law?
- What would you do in this case, fix the heat or apply Lemon law if applicable?

Your inputs and comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:29 AM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's your first start:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/bureaus/c...lemon_law.html

Second, I would give the dealership one more attempt to fix the heating/AC system. Speak with the service manager and speak with the general manager and let them both know what is going on and that you'll be filing a complaint with the BBB (the better business bureau)

http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/

You need to make copies of ALL your receipts -- purchase receipt/recods, repair receipts. You can submit your application to the BBB .. now!! DON'T WAIT. They'll evaluate your case, and within 1 to 2 weeks will send a letter to your and the general manager of the department stating that if your car is NOT FIXED in a reasonable fashion and a reasonable time frame, the BBB will be defending your case completely.

I had 3 transmission failures in a 2002 Acura TL Type S (bought brand new) and did the Above (illinois) and was successful in getting Acura to buy back my car. I KNOW I KNOW .. transmission failure is different and more life threatening than A/C-heater malfunctioning, but I don't care what the nay-sayers will say (and will post) in this thread... do the above early, and get representation.

Best of luck
Old 07-14-2009, 08:47 AM
KLB

I would not expect my heat to come on with the temp on 75 and the outside temp being 60. The inside temp of you car was probably higher than the outside temp so it did not feel the need to turn on the heat. When you set it to 90, it forces the heat on so it came on. You'll probably need to wait until it gets colder before you actually know if it is working the way it should.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would let them fix it if that's what you want. If you want to go the other route, I would call it a "climate control issue" and go see a lemon law lawyer.

I agree that set to 75 it may not blow hot air but at 80 or more it definately should.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:33 AM
njchen24

Thank you all for your valuable advice.

Based on your comments, first I try to lower the cabin temperature below 70 for couple minutes using the AC. Then crank up the temperature setting to 75, I feel some warm air come out of the vent. I am still not sure if the heater seems to work due to the facts that I am using AC then switch to heat or the cabin temperature has been lower than 75? I will have to wait until Fall to see if the heater works as it should be.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:01 AM
StephanG37OB

Is this a pretty common issue in sedans ?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:51 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by StephanG37OB
Is this a pretty common issue in sedans ?
The heat or AC. He is the only one I have seen with the AC problem. The heat does not sound like a problem to me.