G37 Sedan

got pulled over for excessive sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:27 PM
sebounet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got pulled over for excessive sound

i was waiting at a stop to cross a 4 ways street, a cop pass in front of me, after him , i accelerate very hard to pass through the traffic. The cop that was on the big street, make suddenly a U turn and was following me in the small street. I noticed him , and i was driving within the speed limit. At another stop i took off quickly but not at wide open throtlle. After 1000 feets, he pulled me over. He said''Any reason for driving fast'' i said i was under the speed limit. he said '' yes, but i was surprise when you crossed the street, i noticed the sound of your car''
I said, my car is stock it's a normal sound,
he said : Yes i know, but normaly people with car like that don't drive like you, so i thought you have stolen the car etc...''

No ticket finally

Now i know the car sound is loud from outside, and even cop are surprised how fast this car can take off. But it's not forbiden to accelerate hard , isn't it ?

It also mean i drive a car for old men that usually don't beat it

Last edited by sebounet; 07-13-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're askin' for it, don't be surprised if you get it. I try to stay below the radar. The officer sounded cool about the whole thing but be sure that he and whoever he talked to this afternoon knows about you and your car.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 PM
vINCe_Inc

you CAN get a ticket for accelerating hard.
in Ontario, Canada... you can get a ticket for 'stunt driving'.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:08 PM
WhiteG37S

A Few months back I gunned all the way to redline in first going under an underpass ( I had just put on my FI cat-back and wanted to hear it) What I didn't realize at the time is that a cop was right next to me at stoplight. He followed right on my *** all the way home and when I got into my driveway and got out, he got out and said " Damn that sounds nice, what all kind of mods you got?" That's why I love living in TEXAS
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WhiteG37S
A Few months back I gunned all the way to redline in first going under an underpass ( I had just put on my FI cat-back and wanted to hear it) What I didn't realize at the time is that a cop was right next to me at stoplight. He followed right on my *** all the way home and when I got into my driveway and got out, he got out and said " Damn that sounds nice, what all kind of mods you got?" That's why I love living in TEXAS
and then u tell him and he starts citing u for everything

j/k
Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by xlack
and then u tell him and he starts citing u for everything

j/k
LMAO!

you can get a ticket for that. I think its unnecessary acceleration or something like that.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 PM
SlipperyPete

It's called Exhibition Driving and can include fast acceleration and/or deceleration, quick turns and making noises such as squealing the tires. Best advice would be do not show off to or in front of the police, they usually don't find it as impressive as you might think. Also never admit anything when a cop asks you an open ended question, it can and will be used against you.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by WhiteG37S
I didn't know that texas state is so cool, i should go and visit one day
Old 07-13-2009, 11:53 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by vINCe_Inc
you CAN get a ticket for accelerating hard.
in Ontario, Canada... you can get a ticket for 'stunt driving'.
I know there is something about squealing the tires, but not accelerating hard. In my case i had to accelerate hard because there were some cars coming fast toward me, and a lot of traffic make this street difficult to cross. He won't have noticed me without the NICE sound of the g37
Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
It's called Exhibition Driving and can include fast acceleration and/or deceleration, quick turns and making noises such as squealing the tires. Best advice would be do not show off to or in front of the police, they usually don't find it as impressive as you might think. Also never admit anything when a cop asks you an open ended question, it can and will be used against you.
i was behind a cop car and crossing perpendiculary with him.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 AM
brynomon

Originally Posted by sebounet
i was behind a cop car and crossing perpendiculary with him.
I have a heavier foot now. I love the acceleration and yes the engine has quite a sound to it but not too many cops where I live would give me any crap for redlining her unless I was in a small side street by families. In which case I should be arrested.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Even reving your engine can get you a ticket. Its called 'show of speed', its like doing a burnout. Technically you're not speeding but its very illegal.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All you have to do is give them one small reason and they can pull you over and @ss rape you....
Old 07-14-2009, 08:53 AM
KLB

These kinds of laws vary greatly depending upon where you live.

The officer was probably telling you the truth. He used your driving as an excuse to make sure you had not stolen the car.

It amazes me how many stupid laws there are. Just makes me happier I do not live in a city.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
talk about driving "like you stole it" lol

They can pull you over yes, but a ticket for accerating? You gotta be kidding me. If you are below the speed limit they have gotta have better things to do.

Quick Reply: got pulled over for excessive sound