G37 Sedan

got pulled over for excessive sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 AM
KLB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should make it much harder to get a drivers license. When was the last time anyone had to actually take a driving test? Unless you get a lot of tickets or are just getting your license you probably have not taken one. That is silly. I bet the majority of the people on the road would fail. Turn signals, turning into the near lane on a multi-lane road, NOT driving in the left lane when not passing, how right of way works at a four way stop, how to yield, etc etc. The cost in Germany is prohibitive, but at least they know HOW to drive there.

I would say that the guy driving at or below the speed limit in the left lane is more of a hazard than someone driving 25 miles an hour over the speed limit on a highway.

Not to mention the ones that are in the left lane then try to speed up and stop you from passing them if you try to go around on the right. Who is the hazard then?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sebounet
i was just accelerating hard to pass through traffic with safety. No speed demonstration, no race involved or whatever you call it.
What i don't understand, there is a lot of scrap, crap car on the road, with no brakes, no suspension etc... IMO this car is more dangerous than my g37 even though they don't accelerate hard and respect the speed limit.
Here in montreal they want to decrease the speed in almost all streets from 32 mph to 25 mph, because it will be safer blablabla
of course why not decrease it to 10 mph _? ridiculous
An old man, that have only a part of his vision, a part of his reflex , is he safer because he is at the speed limit ?
I lived in europe for 30 years, and hyghways are very safe you can drive fast very easily. the problem is that some people are not born to drive a car, you can see it every day on the road. It's like intelligence, not everyone is equal
You are proly right, but those people gotta get to work too, so lets be civil and nice to each other. And lets race at the racetrack. Oh and lets read.... LOL

Last edited by Alex57r; 07-16-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 PM
SlipperyPete

The guy driving at or below the speed limit is a lot less likely to lose control of his vehicle and slam into someone driving in the opposite direction killing them instantly. Which just happened around here a few months ago. Now the kid that was driving has to live with that for the rest of his life, but at least he has a "rest" in that statement.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that we as Americans could have a better system in place for getting/maintaining a drivers license but unlike Europe, without a license/car, you have a harder time getting around. And yes, those people driving in the left lane should pull their head out and learn how to read a book. I wouldn't have a problem with them issuing a suspension to these people either.

The fact of the matter still remains, public streets were made for the public to get from point A to point B. Race tracks were made to see how fast you could get from the start to finish line. The two should not be confused and maybe we'll all make it home to our love ones yet another day.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:32 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
You do realize the OP is from Canada right???

As far as truth hurting, let’s bring on some pain…Any idea what it costs to get a license in Germany? You paid what, $30 bucks for 5 years? Yep we’re so repressed here in America, they pay around 2000 Euro, yeah, about $3000 American dollars. That’s a lot of traffic stops to make up that kind of scratch. And if you’re getting pulled over that much, well maybe you need to look inwards rather then blaming the system. Not sure about your argument on the 26MPH over the speed limit either. If you we’re around me going that much faster then the rest of traffic, I would praise that office that took you off the road. Sure America is the land of the free but this doesn’t give anyone the right to endanger the lives of everyone around them.

You might want to check into one of the tracks around the country that for a few bucks you can take your car and push it to its limit safely without fear of getting a ticketing for revving your engine or taking a corner a little faster then you need to?
Buddy, 26mph over the speed limit is not fast at all. I think you bought the wrong car if you think I should be off the road going 26mph over limit. you telling me you never went over the speed limit? On a good sunday morning drivers in Philly easily do 75-80mph in a 55mph zone next to a cop or behind a cop, its not unseen. Speed limit doesnt make sense at all, it was used as a guide to save gas back in the days, with so much technology now in cars, the speed limit needs to go up. Im just saying this from a guy that has a 55mph Highway speed limit. Im not sure where you are from, maybe you are from Texas where the speed limit is 75mph, but its retarded slow here in Philly for the speed limit. and btw, I do take my car to the tracks to race.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Welcome to the free world my friend, why sell cigarettes if they kill you? why allow citizens to have firearms license if guns are lethal? Because they expect you to be wise enough to make the right choices.

There are all sorts of tracks and drag strips to enjoy your 500hp vette, no need for an innocent pedestrian to pay for corvette's sh!tty traction control lol
They sell cigarettes cause they can tax your azz. why do you think i say this place is bs, no weed allowed but cigarettes fine and so is alcohol. lol I love America and all but just hate some of the most dumbest rules and regulations. but I know thats how it is all over the world.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by The G
On a positive side, My G37s with its trusty sport brakes can get me from even 55mph to 5mph in no time!
I sold my G and now have Oem 6 piston brembos in the front of my isF, Im pretty sure I can stop on a dime too..
Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM
bunluvsvw

I give up guys, sorry to be mean, but all you guys with the 330hp G37 need to stop bullcrapping. Im very sure you got a 330hp car to drive 35mph on the local streets. Uh huh. SURE......... I dont drive like an azz on the streets, but I'll be honest, I dont drive near the speed limits at all. we sometimes have 25mph speed limits in some of the local streets here in Philly, Seriously, do you know how ridiculous slow 25mph is? try it one day, even at 35mph, When i drive the speed limit, I feel like im a retard behind the wheel, like DUH where is the gas pedal, do I stop 3000ft in advance for the light? listening to all you "safe" drivers out there, you all need to trade in your car for a versa. I love how black betty makes so much comments about safe driving but yet look at his avatar...... even on closed roads, is it necessary to go that fast? what are you trying to prove here? Im not being an azz, just not acting all fake and innocent here.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
The guy driving at or below the speed limit is a lot less likely to lose control of his vehicle and slam into someone driving in the opposite direction killing them instantly. Which just happened around here a few months ago. Now the kid that was driving has to live with that for the rest of his life, but at least he has a "rest" in that statement.

Unless he's texting or talking on his cellphone, in which case he's around 20 to 100 times more likely to slam into an unsuspecting fellow motorist than somebody who is speeding yet actually paying attention to the road, and other around them. You probably didn't speed today, but did you talk on your cellphone?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
w0ady

most cops are ****** end of story. if you're near 1, your best bet is just behave like an old lady. sucks but ya.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Actually you are being an azz. As I've explained numerous times, my top speed run was on a closed track, not public streets. It's never necessary to go 150+ mph but it's fun if you have a car and equipment and conditions to do it safely. That means not on a public road period. Nobody has argued that this car is fun to drive fast, it's just that most of us are much smarter and more responsible in how we choose to go about it. How much power or speed a car has doesn't matter when it comes to driving safely and responsibly on public roads that we all have to share. No matter how much you may try to rant and rationalize it you are just plain wrong.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 PM
bunluvsvw

So then is it ok to do 150mph+ on the public road at 4am in the morning when there is no one on the road? Technically your not endangering anyone cause theres no one on the highway at all and next exit is 26miles ahead so theres no one thats exiting or entering the highway either. I really like to know what "private road" your on thats long enough and big enough for your G to hit 150mph... Im not mad or pissed off at anyone, just from experience know that there this so much bs out there and one of them is the 55mph speed limit which basically just gives the government every chance there is to ticket and fine drivers like us. Look at the original posting, dude got pulled over for quick acceleration, and other members say ppl are getting tickets for revving hard. I understand getting a ticket for revving hard at 1am in the morning in a quiet neighborhood, thats totally understandable. Like I said, im not trying to be an *** but its true, most cops are ******, we all know it. I've gotten a few bs tickets here and there and it pisses me off. Believe it or not, I got a ticket for doing 61mph in a 55mph zone at 3am in the morning. the cop said i was doing 72mph cause that was the speed "he" was doing to catch up to me. what do I say to him? its his words " an official of the government " against mines " a nobody" for all they care.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
SlipperyPete

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Unless he's texting or talking on his cellphone, in which case he's around 20 to 100 times more likely to slam into an unsuspecting fellow motorist than somebody who is speeding yet actually paying attention to the road, and other around them. You probably didn't speed today, but did you talk on your cellphone?
And the drunk doing 25mph over is even more dangerous. Didn't know we were just making stuff up to show how dangerous it is.

It won't be long before cell phones are banned from use on the road without a hands free device. Some states/communities are already ahead of this curve. And texting and driving is worse then drinking and driving in my opinion, at least the drunk is trying to watch the road.

As for your question, no I didn't talk on my cellphone today in the car, but even if I would have, I would have used hands free calling. I never said I didn't speed, but I don't need to do 25mph over the limit to get to my destination, I can plan my day out where doing 5mph over will get me where I need to go on time.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:35 AM
KLB

I was referring to a divided highway actually. Very little to no chance of going to the other side of the road and doing anything. Most of the speed limits are 55 in the Chicago metro area, and are very capable of supporting cars driving at 80 depending upon traffic load. The speed limit should be higher. Driving 80 on these roads is not dangerous.

On a city road or residential area I do agree that 25 over is extremely dangerous. In a residential area I drive the speed limit or under. Too many things can happen very suddenly, like a child running out in front of you.

Banning cell phone use while driving is pretty worthless from what I have seen. It has been done in Chicago, and it does not stop many people. I constantly see people driving the highways talking on the phone.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:52 AM
bunluvsvw

People, look down at your speedometer the next time you drive on both, the highway and the local, when I say local, I do not mean in front of residential area where kids play in front of the house in the middle of the road. I can guarantee you, most of you do close to if not, 25mph over the speed limit. Im not saying I do it all the time, but there are many streets in Philadelphia with 25mph-35mph speed limit, you guys tell me you never driven 50mph on the local streets before? We see soccer moms in minivan doing 55-60mph on the local streets all the time. I see older senior citizens in camrys and corrollas doing 40-50mph all the time. I've even seen my neighbor who is 68years old drive 70mph in a 35mph zone in a cavalier. Im not saying all you guys speed, but I know you guys are bullcrappin when you tell me you monitor your speedometer all the time to make sure you are only 5mph over the speed limit. Stop acting like you are an angel. A person that enjoys doing 150mph on a closed road is not gonna be driving 35mph in the city streets. Even normal driving, ppl in philly get up to a good 40-45mph within once street light. The G does 0-60mph in 5-6 secs, you telling me you give gas for 3 secs after a light and just coast from there on? Sure, im pretty sure you do that, quit your bullcrappin and stfu.......... You ppl talk like 5mph over the speed limit is not speeding....