G37 Sedan

got pulled over for excessive sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
sebounet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex57r
talk about driving "like you stole it" lol

They can pull you over yes, but a ticket for accerating? You gotta be kidding me. If you are below the speed limit they have gotta have better things to do.
It's my opinion also
Old 07-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Here it is called "exhibition of acceleration". It is considered unsafe or an inducement to other drivers to street race. It is somewhat subjective.

Don't bitch about it, he didn't give you a ticket. If it was a guy who had just stolen your car that he noticed and caught, you'd be praising him for doing his job. It sucks when it happens to be you just enjoying your G though.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Here it is called "exhibition of acceleration". It is considered unsafe or an inducement to other drivers to street race. It is somewhat subjective.

Don't bitch about it, he didn't give you a ticket. If it was a guy who had just stolen your car that he noticed and caught, you'd be praising him for doing his job. It sucks when it happens to be you just enjoying your G though.
I don't bitch about it, i find it just funny the cop was surprised by the engine sound. I think a theft drive usually with a low profile driving, to avoid to get to much attention IMO.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blackfunk
Even reving your engine can get you a ticket. Its called 'show of speed', its like doing a burnout. Technically you're not speeding but its very illegal.
Jesus Christ, where the hell do you people live? In a George Orwell novel? That's ridicutarded.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 AM
heff

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Jesus Christ, where the hell do you people live? In a George Orwell novel? That's ridicutarded.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA new word of the week
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty

I agree that if he did not get a ticket, there is nothing to bitch about, but then again, the last time I checked cops cannot pull you over just cause they feel like it.

Exhibition of acceleration? as in accelerating fast but not speeding? sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Is this TX motor vehicle code and they can give you a ticket for that?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:52 PM
bunluvsvw

All I can say is WELCOME TO AMERICA, the land of the most bs rules and regulations. Its illegal to do this do that to your car but yet its not illegal to sell a 500hp vette when the speed limits 55mph in some states. Why manufacture the cars to go upwards of 75mph+ when the speed limits is maxed out at 75mph in this country? Why is it that Americans show off that they got the most advanced technology in the world yet the Autobahn seems so much more sense than our 55mph speed limit? If you ask me, its basically the government finding whatever bs excuse they can to make money off of us. Did you guys ever pay attention to the speed limits of the highway offramps? you basically go from 55mph instantly to 25mph when entering the offramp. So what are you suppose to do? slam on the brakes? or get a ticket for speeding? oh btw, anything over 26mph is license suspension in the state of Pennsylvania. All BS to me, even the court system thats suppose to be "fair" is not anymore, tell me the judge is not on the cops side. All they worry about is plea bargain, no points, just pay money, we are blood sucking ppl that need your money, you really think we care about your safety? we just care about your money!!! Again, welcome to America lol I can go on forever with the bs in this country but probably shouldnt cause I will **** off alot of ppl. The truth hurts.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Alex57r
I agree that if he did not get a ticket, there is nothing to bitch about, but then again, the last time I checked cops cannot pull you over just cause they feel like it.

Exhibition of acceleration? as in accelerating fast but not speeding? sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Is this TX motor vehicle code and they can give you a ticket for that?
It happens every single day. On interstate 10 a mile from where I live it happens all day long as it is a major drug trafficking corridor in the US. LEOs profile all the time and stop people they suspect of possibly doing something wrong who aren't breaking any law at all.

Google "exhibition of acceleration" for a better explanation than I could give you.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
All I can say is WELCOME TO AMERICA, the land of the most bs rules and regulations. Its illegal to do this do that to your car but yet its not illegal to sell a 500hp vette when the speed limits 55mph in some states. Why manufacture the cars to go upwards of 75mph+ when the speed limits is maxed out at 75mph in this country? Why is it that Americans show off that they got the most advanced technology in the world yet the Autobahn seems so much more sense than our 55mph speed limit? If you ask me, its basically the government finding whatever bs excuse they can to make money off of us. Did you guys ever pay attention to the speed limits of the highway offramps? you basically go from 55mph instantly to 25mph when entering the offramp. So what are you suppose to do? slam on the brakes? or get a ticket for speeding? oh btw, anything over 26mph is license suspension in the state of Pennsylvania. All BS to me, even the court system thats suppose to be "fair" is not anymore, tell me the judge is not on the cops side. All they worry about is plea bargain, no points, just pay money, we are blood sucking ppl that need your money, you really think we care about your safety? we just care about your money!!! Again, welcome to America lol I can go on forever with the bs in this country but probably shouldnt cause I will **** off alot of ppl. The truth hurts.
Rant much? Take a dude, life is good and it's all going to be OK. Sit back and have a few cocktails and relax a little.

For the record, anyone who is from Europe can tell you that their vehicle inspection standards and the training/testing required to get your driver's license in the first place is MUCH more stringent in most European nations than in North America. Safer cars+ better drivers = greater safety on European roads = higher speed limits on certain roads. They also have a much dimmer view of DUI and have much stricter laws to prevent it unlike here in the US where you can legally be somewhat loaded and still drive. All roads in Europe aren't runways. Also consider that their laws are different in that the family of every idiot who wraps his BMW around a tree can't just sue the state government for a bazillion dollars as would certainly happen here about every 15 minutes for "allowing them to dive fast enough to hurt themselves" like would be the case here in America.

Also FYI, those posted speeds on exit ramps are advisory speeds not statutory limits. They are a speed that is calculated to be safe for any vehicle to exit on that particular ramp. Large trucks need to know and heed that information to slow down to the appropriate speed so that they don't overturn. I've never seen or heard of anyone getting a ticket for not observing that speed unless they were negligent and issued a citation for "driving too fast for conditions", not speeding. You can generally go somewhat faster than that in a low center of gravity vehicle with excellent suspension and lateral stability like a G37.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Ridicularded. That is priceless.

Big brother wants any reason to pull you over, especially in a cool ride lkiek the G. Just be cool behind the wheel. Most of us are just closet road racers. I had a 330i that had major trouble keeping up with mine the other day. We were going about 120 on the beltway. Glad I did not see any lights. If I did, (I'll use an item from Boo Weekly) it may have been enough "to make your butt hole pucker-up."
Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this country and everything it stands for. We have a Constitution and you know what? they can't even use things agaisnt you if they find them in your car unless they had probable casue to start with. Sure rights have to take a back seat sometimes in the interest of public safety and in drug coridors and near border areas things are a little different and yes, the system has its problems, but you know what? You go try living and Germany and let me know how you like it over there. They have the autobahn yes, and they also got a million other problems like every other place in the world (german history...helloooooo???). Here we have rights. You and me and everyone else. Ok so they can pull you over for driving hard and then they let you go, boo hoo hoo.

Now why do we have so many laws? becasuse we have millions of people that come here from all over the world and dont even try to read and follow the rules that we already have. Like BB said, Off ramp signs (at least here in NY) are yellow. They are suggested speeds unlike the white signs, and you do NOT have to follow them. Unless this is different where you live, you have just answered some of your own questions.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Its illegal to do this do that to your car but yet its not illegal to sell a 500hp vette when the speed limits 55mph in some states. Why manufacture the cars to go upwards of 75mph+ when the speed limits is maxed out at 75mph in this country?
Welcome to the free world my friend, why sell cigarettes if they kill you? why allow citizens to have firearms license if guns are lethal? Because they expect you to be wise enough to make the right choices.

There are all sorts of tracks and drag strips to enjoy your 500hp vette, no need for an innocent pedestrian to pay for corvette's sh!tty traction control lol
Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 PM
The G

Did you guys ever pay attention to the speed limits of the highway offramps? you basically go from 55mph instantly to 25mph when entering the offramp. So what are you suppose to do? slam on the brakes? or get a ticket for speeding?
On a positive side, My G37s with its trusty sport brakes can get me from even 55mph to 5mph in no time!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:38 PM
SlipperyPete

You do realize the OP is from Canada right???

As far as truth hurting, let’s bring on some pain…Any idea what it costs to get a license in Germany? You paid what, $30 bucks for 5 years? Yep we’re so repressed here in America, they pay around 2000 Euro, yeah, about $3000 American dollars. That’s a lot of traffic stops to make up that kind of scratch. And if you’re getting pulled over that much, well maybe you need to look inwards rather then blaming the system. Not sure about your argument on the 26MPH over the speed limit either. If you we’re around me going that much faster then the rest of traffic, I would praise that office that took you off the road. Sure America is the land of the free but this doesn’t give anyone the right to endanger the lives of everyone around them.

You might want to check into one of the tracks around the country that for a few bucks you can take your car and push it to its limit safely without fear of getting a ticketing for revving your engine or taking a corner a little faster then you need to?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 AM
sebounet

i was just accelerating hard to pass through traffic with safety. No speed demonstration, no race involved or whatever you call it.
What i don't understand, there is a lot of scrap, crap car on the road, with no brakes, no suspension etc... IMO this car is more dangerous than my g37 even though they don't accelerate hard and respect the speed limit.
Here in montreal they want to decrease the speed in almost all streets from 32 mph to 25 mph, because it will be safer blablabla
of course why not decrease it to 10 mph _? ridiculous
An old man, that have only a part of his vision, a part of his reflex , is he safer because he is at the speed limit ?
I lived in europe for 30 years, and hyghways are very safe you can drive fast very easily. the problem is that some people are not born to drive a car, you can see it every day on the road. It's like intelligence, not everyone is equal

Quick Reply: got pulled over for excessive sound