G37 Sedan

Sport on G37x and Tech package questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
floorx4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport on G37x and Tech package questions

I am buying a G37x by next week. I have read that with the sport on the X sedan that you really only get 18" wheels, upgraded seats, and the bumper is different. What exactly is different about the front bumper? Also, is the tech package worth it? Not really thinking I need it. Thanks for all your help. GF
Old 07-09-2009, 05:15 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the only thing I miss about the Tech package is the AFS, but then I don't need it because I rarely drive on dark roads. Even if I do, I tend to slow down. But definitely nice to have.

Intelligent Cruise Control: com'on! Who'd want to put a G on cruise control mode?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Sam K

Originally Posted by floorx4
I am buying a G37x by next week. I have read that with the sport on the X sedan that you really only get 18" wheels, upgraded seats, and the bumper is different. What exactly is different about the front bumper? Also, is the tech package worth it? Not really thinking I need it. Thanks for all your help. GF
I really like the upgraded wheels and seats on with the sport package. If you're planning on putting on wheels, it might not be worth it.

Out of all the major option packages (premium / nav / sport / tech), I'd say the technology is the least worth it out of all of them. The technology pacakage includes intelligent cruise control with steering wheel controls, adaptive front lighting system with automatic head lamp leveler and driver and front-passenger pre-crash seat belts. If you're really concerned about safety then I would get the technology package.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Riley
Registered Member

Doesn't tech package incude nav?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
brynomon

No it does not. Navigation is separate. Most pass on the tech package and you probably won't find one on a lot. The navigation package is a technology package in a way but not the "tech" package. At least I never saw one at any of the infiniti dealers in the Chicago area. You should check out Infiniti's web site. I went with the sport package on my car because I liked the look, paddle shifters, and seats. However I'm thinking of moving to eibach springs and adding a stillen intake.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
floorx4

Thanks all for the information. It helps a lot. I am still wondering what the "unique front fascia is on the sport." I haven't seen a difference. Going to the lot tomorrow. Can anyone show me a pic of what I am not seeing?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Riley
Registered Member

Originally Posted by brynomon
No it does not. Navigation is separate. Most pass on the tech package and you probably won't find one on a lot. The navigation package is a technology package in a way but not the "tech" package. At least I never saw one at any of the infiniti dealers in the Chicago area. You should check out Infiniti's web site. I went with the sport package on my car because I liked the look, paddle shifters, and seats. However I'm thinking of moving to eibach springs and adding a stillen intake.
I think that's in Canada then. We really only have 2 packages. Prem and Tech (plus Sport).
Old 07-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by floorx4
Thanks all for the information. It helps a lot. I am still wondering what the "unique front fascia is on the sport." I haven't seen a difference. Going to the lot tomorrow. Can anyone show me a pic of what I am not seeing?

Here is an X with the sport package. The front bumper is basically a regular bumper from the S model as opposed to an X model, but you do not get the sport breaks, suspension or steering gear. You do get the seats and the paddle shifters.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/members...-dsc-0065.html
Tech package is AFS, Laser cruise control and precrash seatbelts. Lights are cool, I got them but could have done without them. Laser cruise control seemed idiotic to me at first but once you get used to it its awesome on long drives. Basically you would not use it on a short drive but when you are driving for 3+ hours it acceleraates and breaks for you so all you gotta do is steer. I hope noone will even need those seatbelts.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Mike P

I like the features. The lights are cool, the cruise is great on long trips. I like to use the paddles around town. I mainly drive the sedan. I think the tech is worth it. We drive a bunch on long trips and the cruise is great, but the lights are very nice to have when driving on curvy highways. I have the facia and love it. Makes the car look very aggressive. My Sedan is much more agressive looking than My Coupe. I would love to see it on the Coupe. This is a fantastic car. I have over 13,000 miles and have yet to find much to complain about. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike P
I like the features. The lights are cool, the cruise is great on long trips. I like to use the paddles around town.
I love the paddles. The transmission in my last car (lexus) was lethargic and the 7at is just awesome, but being able to downshift instantly is jsut so much fun! There has not yet been a day i did not hit the left paddles at least a few times
Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by Alex57r
I love the paddles. The transmission in my last car (lexus) was lethargic and the 7at is just awesome, but being able to downshift instantly is jsut so much fun! There has not yet been a day i did not hit the left paddles at least a few times
I decided against a Lexus to get the second G. Good reilability, but not very fun to drive. Especially that IS. What a joke. The IS300 was a better car than the ISF they sell now. Just because you put 400+ hp under the hood, does not mean you have a racing car, just ask Pontiac and that pitiful G8. Glad we will not have that similarly named car tarnishing the great letter G. Nice try Lexus (on the ISF) too bad you only build cars for people who drive Buick's.