G37 Sedan

2010 Taurus SHO against G37S

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by djkmac
Infiniti has a higher customer satisfaction rating than Nissan. In America, we need flashy names and ratings to be able to buy a high price car. Nissan brought out the new maxima and its not selling that well with a 40k price tag because people rather buy from a luxury brand for that money. Dont mention GTR because its in its own class. His logic is correct, and im sorry, the sync doesnt save Ford from Fix Or Repair Daily title. Now maybe if they had a lincoln version, this would fit correctly.
I would have been perfectly happy if the G was sold as the Nissan Skyline in the US. Lexus and Infiniti service do not impress me especially when they charge you $150-230 for a glorified oil change in order to get a loaner and free doughnuts.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
G37-6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford from Fix Or Repair Daily title.
Let's not get carried away with bashing Ford. My last two cars were Mustang GT's. I modified them and beat the crap out of them. They were both very solid cars for what I put them through.<O</O
Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
SlipperyPete

They charge those prices because people that own a luxury brand that are not going to do the work themselves can afford it and are willing to pay that for someone else to do it. Ford and Infiniti are in two different classes as evident in the 3yr/36k vs 4yr/60k…and a loaner car vs a ride in the courtesy mini van dropping everyone else off along the way. For $45k why not just buy a Lincoln if you really want a luxury brand, they put the same engine in the MKS for 2010.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^I would concur about the Lincoln MKS with the Eco Boost motor. That will be a difficult car to acquire for some time into the near future. The MKS is a fine luxo car.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Infiniti has a higher customer satisfaction rating than Nissan. In America, we need flashy names and ratings to be able to buy a high price car. Nissan brought out the new maxima and its not selling that well with a 40k price tag because people rather buy from a luxury brand for that money. Dont mention GTR because its in its own class. His logic is correct, and im sorry, the sync doesnt save Ford from Fix Or Repair Daily title. Now maybe if they had a lincoln version, this would fit correctly.
That's why Ford's stock has more than DOUBLED since the beginning of the year, while, Nissan... well... they're only up about 50%.

Yes, it is unlikely that I will buy a Ford, but I do own their stock, and I like what they are doing.

Improvements in reliability have been minimal in the Japanese brands in the last 5 years. Improvements in Ford's products have been significant. They have got their act together.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:08 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

I'm a big holder of Ford stock as well. It is definately a good play at these levels going forward.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM
SlipperyPete

I agree, it's nice to see Ford moving ahead and designing something other then big old hunk of iron. It's been a couple decades since I've owned one but if the talks of putting this engine in the F150 are true and it gets 23hwy, I’ll be looking at replacing my Titan with a Ford for sure.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
KLB

Originally Posted by Mike
Improvements in reliability have been minimal in the Japanese brands in the last 5 years. Improvements in Ford's products have been significant. They have got their act together.
That is because the Japanese brands can't really go up, while Ford had a lot of room for improvement.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Like I said I'm sure it's a decent car but it's just hard to figure out how to justify paying 45K for something with the Taurus nameplate on it- somethings is not quite right about that- especially if you remember the old Taurus cars. If it were Lincoln with Lincoln service it would have better appeal.
You would have to explain yourself everytime you told peole you drove a Taurus SHO. Even after your explanation the responses would be... oh.. ok...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 PM
amarcusg37

Honestly , I feel extremely insulted they would compare a g37 to a ford taurus ...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

It's still a ford and will always be a ford.

FORD=ONE BIG HEADACHE

Family has owned a fords for the past few years and nothing but one big headache. Give it a few months after driving it off the lot and the damn check engine light comes on. Go figure

Don't put Nissan and Infiniti in the same subject. They are not the same. Check out the quality and dependability ratings for them. Totally different!! If they were all the same I'd just save my money and buy a Nissan. Ford's Sync??? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Who gives a rats azz about sync?? Your obviously not a car guy. Please do some reading before posting such inept concepts MIKE

American Car Companies answer to Import Car Companies is CHROME. They just CHROME out about everything you can get your hands on. They slap Chrome all over the damn car and call it "Luxury"

Last edited by iLlmAtIc21390; 07-07-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by amarcusg37
Honestly , I feel extremely insulted they would compare a g37 to a ford taurus ...
Get over it, I'm sure some BMW owners feel the same way.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
stardust
Premier Member

Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
It's still a ford and will always be a ford.

FORD=ONE BIG HEADACHE

Family has owned a fords for the past few years and nothing but one big headache. Give it a few months after driving it off the lot and the damn check engine light comes on. Go figure

Don't put Nissan and Infiniti in the same subject. They are not the same. Check out the quality and dependability ratings for them. Totally different!! If they were all the same I'd just save my money and buy a Nissan. Ford's Sync??? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? Who gives a rats azz about sync?? Your obviously not a car guy. Please do some reading before posting such inept concepts MIKE

American Car Companies answer to Import Car Companies is CHROME. They just CHROME out about everything you can get your hands on. They slap Chrome all over the damn car and call it "Luxury"
Well if you could remove your head from your *** long enough to research Ford quality over the past year you would have found out that Ford is catching up to Toyota quickly. Would I ever buy a Ford? Nope, I think their all pretty ugly and the interiors have just to much plastic
Old 07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
iLlmAtIc21390

Originally Posted by stardust
Well if you could remove your head from your *** long enough to research Ford quality over the past year you would have found out that Ford is catching up to Toyota quickly. Would I ever buy a Ford? Nope, I think their all pretty ugly and the interiors have just to much plastic
There is the key word right there, "catching up". I don't want to have a car that will take time to catch up to be as good as toyota or who ever else in quality.

Once again it's still a ford and will always be a fuuck ford.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's with the ignorance and arrogance on this board? Some of the posters are starting to sound like BMW owners.

FYI, Infiniti is made by Nissan. The G37 is sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline 370.

There is no need to trash Ford, I think they're trying hard to improve their quality and image.

Quick Reply: 2010 Taurus SHO against G37S