G37 Sedan

Hard to drive .. uh.. slow

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:26 AM
bunluvsvw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now we talking here, you guys talk like you actually bought the G37 for what its supposed to be for..... A very nicely loaded cruiser that can be sporty at times. We got some douche bags on another topic in this forum saying its like the end of the world doing 25mph over the speed limit. Seriously, I told them to get a Versa, suits them better. Im not saying I drive 25mph over the speed limit all the time but Im not the speed limit type, I dont purposely drive faster than everyone, but even going with the flow of traffic, everyone is doing like 15-20mph over speed limit easily. I really like how one member claims he plans out his driving routine and makes sure he goes 5 mph over the limit max. Sure, Im pretty sure he never did over that. So gay, its like seeing old farts in a vette driving 35mph in the city when soccer mom in a minivan blows by him doing 55mph going with traffic flow...
Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 PM
upperdecker

Okay, maybe off topic slightly from the original thread, but how fast is a G37x sedan supposed to be from 0 to 60? I think the sedan is rated at around 5 seconds, right? But is that the 6AT?

The reason I ask is that I tried to time my G37x, and I got about 6 seconds. Now, this was on a road that may not have been perfectly flat, and I was using my ironman stopwatch, so hardly scientific, but still...

Could I somehow have a slow engine? How are 0-60 times usually measured? I assume it's on a track with some type of sophisticated device measuring time and speed. Maybe my method is to blame, but has anyone ever heard of a individual vehicle being an "underperformer"? In other words, might I have some problem with my engine, and if so, could a visit to the dealer resolve the situation somehow?

Sorry if these seem like newbie questions. I guess they are.

Tom
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
New or used?
New - Possibly a Pontiac G8 GXP, doesnt look nearly as good though.
Used - One of the best bets is a MB E55 AMG. I believe they are 475 hp and 525 tq. My friend here has one with a chip and it is a monster that will throw your head back in every gear.
I've driven a GXP - the torque in that thing will totally crush you into the seat. It's not hard to get them to do 12.5 quarter miles or low 4's for 0-60 with a few cheap bolt-on mods.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:24 PM
KLB

Originally Posted by upperdecker
Okay, maybe off topic slightly from the original thread, but how fast is a G37x sedan supposed to be from 0 to 60? I think the sedan is rated at around 5 seconds, right? But is that the 6AT?

The reason I ask is that I tried to time my G37x, and I got about 6 seconds. Now, this was on a road that may not have been perfectly flat, and I was using my ironman stopwatch, so hardly scientific, but still...

Could I somehow have a slow engine? How are 0-60 times usually measured? I assume it's on a track with some type of sophisticated device measuring time and speed. Maybe my method is to blame, but has anyone ever heard of a individual vehicle being an "underperformer"? In other words, might I have some problem with my engine, and if so, could a visit to the dealer resolve the situation somehow?

Sorry if these seem like newbie questions. I guess they are.

Tom
The G37x is a bit slower than the RWD. I've seen the RWD listed from 5-5.6 secs. 6 would be pretty good in my mind, especially with the way you are timing it.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 AM
upperdecker

Originally Posted by KLB
The G37x is a bit slower than the RWD. I've seen the RWD listed from 5-5.6 secs. 6 would be pretty good in my mind, especially with the way you are timing it.
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'd really like to know at this point is if there's a way to determine whether my vehicle is performing "properly." Can the service tech at the dealer run a test of some sort to confirm that the engine up to spec when I take it in for the first oil change at 3750?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by upperdecker
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'd really like to know at this point is if there's a way to determine whether my vehicle is performing "properly." Can the service tech at the dealer run a test of some sort to confirm that the engine up to spec when I take it in for the first oil change at 3750?
I would imagine they could. Tell the service tech what you are worried about. They should be willing to check it out for you.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
SaMaster14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when I first looked at the title. I thought you were saying that the G37 was hard to drive, and it was slow, and I was like WTF??

But yah, The G37S Sedan is my first car, and it is pretty hard to drive slow. whenever my parents(well really my mom) are in the car with me, they go crazy and think I take off too fast and stuff.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:57 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I always look forward to driving my car -- i think that defines satisfaction with my purchase. There are many other much nicer and greater cars than the G, but this car is perfect for me.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:58 AM
w0ady

id rather stick with my g37 and drop $10k on a tt kit to be beating vettes.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:27 PM
SaMaster14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta say... I love my car! But this is actually becoming a problem for me haha. Since I'm young, and I have over protective parents, whenever I drive with my parents(mom especially), she yells at me every time the engine makes a rev noise(normal noise), or when the car just speeds up... Its kinda funny, I guess I just have to learn how to drive slower when my parents are in the car..

Oh and I'm not going over the speed limit or anything, just the kick and initial acceleration.