G37 Sedan

Are you happy with the AC on your G series?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm not sure how you guys set to ~75 and still get a cool breeze? When I want 'cool' air I set it to 63, when I want heat I put it on 75....

I never even thought anything of it until now
Old 06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by njchen24
After you drive, how long does it take the fan to lower it speed or to reach a comfortable inside t°? I have a short distance drive 20~30 minutes and the fan is still blow at its max speed and the interior is still hot (I am sweating) by the time I am home. My other two car just need 5 minutes to cool the car down to a comfortable t° i.e not sweating.
my fan speed comes down in about 5-8 min.

you have something absolutely wrong with your A/C, or your thyroid. Hopefully it's your a/c -- take it back to the dealer, please.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM
njchen24

Take it back to the dealer this morning and request a G37 loaner. The outside t° is 70° at 7:15. The loaner is new, silver outside with black interior, ~320 miles. I drive it from the dealer to work which is about 10 miles. I stick the t° probe in the vent and within minute, I've got a reading of 38 at 60° setting. The fan starts out at 3 bar then lower to 1 bar and the t° rise to 42.6 by the time I reach my company and my hand is almost freezing due to the cold air. All of your inputs and the loaner prove that my AC doesn't work as it should be. I thought that I was crazy and imagine things. I hope that they will be able to troubleshoot and fix it.

Thank you all for your time and help.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
brynomon

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
The AC in the G is the coldest i've ever seen. Car said 110 today and I was freezing my ballz off. Had it set on 78 and was still getting a chill. Must definatly be something wrong with yours.
Indeed! I have to say the A/C in the G is the best I've ever experienced. However it seems to strong at times and I can't not freeze when its 95 degrees outside with 70% humidity. Something must be wrong with this guys system.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
strivedi

I think AC in my car is one of the best. It just controls the temp. so well in so less time. I love it. Calculate the time it takes to temp. control your car. That might indicate if you have any problem with the AC.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM
njchen24

Just come by to pick up the car today at 4:00 pm and it isn't ready yet. Per the technician, he is going to replace the evaporator. He said the driver side is working but not the passenger side. I am really not sure this is the real problem since the first diagnostic was fine with a 48° performance. Also, I fear that when they drop the dashboard to replace the evaporator and put it back, it will generate noise because it will no longer fit nice and tight the way factory installs them.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The AC's in our G's are awesome. I had mine set to 70 on Saturday- it was in the upper 90's outside. It was so cold in the car that there was condensation on the outside of the windshield. Definately one of the best AC's i've had.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I just hate how long it takes to turn on when I start the car if it is in the off position. Feels like forever in the FL sun.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:27 PM
timcodon

AC Operation is Superb. COLDEST one I've ever used on any other I have. Good thing, it's dual-operation, which I have to set my wife's side to 78, and me to 74, on a 100+ degree day. If set below 70, it's be very cold. The ONLY complain I have is whenn I first turned it on, it always default to AUTO-mode, which blowes at Max fan, so immediately, I have to lower it down to #4 or #3 to lower the noise, then shortly all the way to #1. And it always default Fresh-air mode, & I have to push teh re-cycle button. That's the nly minor complain, else AC is very effective.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Pip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My A/C blows liquid nitrogen and I had to have my fingers amputated because of frostbite. I tried to pick up an Eskimo hitchhiker and he turned down the ride cuz he was afraid he'd freeze his *** off. Al Gore asked me to open my doors and end global warming.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Um, I catch a cold in my G on a 100 degree day, it blows so cold.

I think there's something wrong with your a/c
Same here. on a 130F day, i set it at 24C (do the math) and the lowest it goes is like 16C i think. The fan i set on 2 or 3.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Nocturnal
Registered Member

Originally Posted by timcodon
AC Operation is Superb. COLDEST one I've ever used on any other I have. Good thing, it's dual-operation, which I have to set my wife's side to 78, and me to 74, on a 100+ degree day. If set below 70, it's be very cold. The ONLY complain I have is whenn I first turned it on, it always default to AUTO-mode, which blowes at Max fan, so immediately, I have to lower it down to #4 or #3 to lower the noise, then shortly all the way to #1. And it always default Fresh-air mode, & I have to push teh re-cycle button. That's the nly minor complain, else AC is very effective.
Push the a/c volume in on your side. That will turn off auto mode.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 PM
HoustonG37

I came from an 04 TL which never blew very hard out of the front middle vents, although the temp was ok. Compared to that, the G is 10x better. I have no complaints. Might need to get it checked out at the dealer.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
TX_Driver

Originally Posted by NotUrG
The AC's in our G's are awesome. I had mine set to 70 on Saturday- it was in the upper 90's outside. It was so cold in the car that there was condensation on the outside of the windshield. Definately one of the best AC's i've had.
The A/C in my new 2009 G sedan is amazing. I live in North Texas and it's been around 104 to 107 in the afternoons for the last couple of weeks. If I have the A/C set to anything lower than 75, it freezes me out of the car. Maybe it's a Japanese thing. I have some family members that have Toyotas and their A/Cs are the same way.

I had a VW Passat and I had to keep it set at 68F to get the car cool.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ Japanese cars are known to have very good A/C systems. German's on the other hand are pretty bad lol

Quick Reply: Are you happy with the AC on your G series?