G37 Sedan

Good price for 2009 G37?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:12 PM
link

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TMLstudio
I think I got a good deal. I will be picking up my car this coming monday.

G37x AWD ($35,750 which is MSRP)
premium package (+ $2,500)
trunk cargo & mat ($163)
splash guards ($150)
with all season floor mats ($83)

This liquid platium car was sold to me for $32,900 (this is before tax of $1600, doc fee of $300, and title & plate of $140). I checked 3 other dealerships after I received that price and no one seems to come close or able to match it. Two different managers told me that the price was unheard and the place that quoted me for that price is lying to me!

Is this a good deal? I live in MA and based on Truecar website I'm getting a great deal: actual dealer cost=$33.2K, average paid=$35.7K, factory invoice=$35.8K, and sticker price=$38.9K (but the real sticker = $39.2K which included other accessories that Truecar did not incorporated).

you got an ok deal, a pinch below invoice + $2500 factory-dealer incentive.

i wonder why people aren't getting even better deals in this sh_tty economy....
Old 07-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Mike P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by link

Because most people really want a car and the information is somewhat oblique. Yeah Edmunds has numbers, but remember thier numbers are from the industry. Even though the economy is bad and people are being laid off, most companies have cut production so supply and demand (major principles of Capitalism) are more in line. Corporations are built to make money. If the dealer has the right number of cars for the demand, then they have to discount less. GM still has to learn this. The Japanese companies are very quick to adjust demand, no union. The UAW has really hampered the US automakers and it looks like Ford may be the only one to survive.

If unemployement is 9.5%, then 90.5% of people of working age and with the ability to work are working. Also remember that only about 35% of the people acutally work and make a living. I know it is ruff for those laid off, but a vast majority of people are still working and working even harder now since they are fearful of being in the 9.5%. Expansion cannot last forever. Also most of the working stiffs have lost major dollars in the market. So the boomers who were to retire will work longer and the younger generation will need to be more patient as they will not have the same gains as the last generation nor will they come as quickly.

Have we considered what the economy will be like in say 20 yrs? By this time the largest generation in history will virtually be gone. Also, when times are ruff it leads to inovation and enterpernurial endevors (hope that's not too big a word) that will actually benefit us all. We did not get out the Depression overnight. But that experience influenced a large number of people to strive for somethign better.

Ok, I am off my soapbox.....
Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 AM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greed!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM
link

considering the actual dealer cost is like 88% of msrp or less, people should be getting 10% off.

after all, they don't survive on new car sales right?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:17 AM
LightsNyc

I've been looking around and got an offer for g37x prem+nav 38,200 before taxes.
Anyone think this is a good deal, I won't be taking the incentive. Are people who are got the same car and packages getting the price below 38,000 taking the incentive?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 AM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by LightsNyc
I've been looking around and got an offer for g37x prem+nav 38,200 before taxes. Anyone think this is a good deal, I won't be taking the incentive. Are people who are got the same car and packages getting the price below 38,000 taking the incentive?
Sounds like a "good", but not outstanding price. Why aren't you taking the $2.5K incentive?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
LightsNyc

I'm going to be taking the 0% financing. I think for me that may be easier in the long run.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:35 PM
link

I've been looking around and got an offer for g37x prem+nav 38,200 before taxes.
Anyone think this is a good deal, I won't be taking the incentive. Are people who are got the same car and packages getting the price below 38,000 taking the incentive?

if you don't give the msrp, how do we know if it's a good deal?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:54 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd say that's a decent deal. MSRP according to the builder is $41K for what you got.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
billyg

Hey,
First post, just found this forum yesterday,very informative! Saw a G37 sedan at Costco on Saturday, drove a G37x today and got a quote of $34232 for AWD premium. Any opinions?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:36 AM
strivedi

Hey guys,
I just got a G37xs and I am not sure if I got a Bad->Good deal? What do you guys think about this?

Its a:

G37xs
Premium Pkg
+ Navigation Pkg
+ Sports Pkg
+ Technology Pkg.
+ Aerodynamic Pkg.
+ Splash guards
+ Floor mats
+ Wheel Locks
+ Cargo Net
+ Trunk Mats
----------------------------
Total MSRP : $44,475.00

My Deal:
$36,000 +
$865 Dest. +
$399 Docs. +
$60 Tags +
$1100 Tax.
---------------------
$38,500.00 (Approx.)

Do you think this is an Ok deal?

One more thing. I did buy a pkg called Resist-All. My dealer didn't force me to buy any packages but I thought this was worth the value as it covers interiors and exterior for 7 years. And I am pretty sure no car stays the same for 7 years. ;-)

Please let me know your thoughts..

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM
link

Originally Posted by strivedi
Hey guys,
I just got a G37xs and I am not sure if I got a Bad->Good deal? What do you guys think about this?

Its a:

G37xs
Premium Pkg
+ Navigation Pkg
+ Sports Pkg
+ Technology Pkg.
+ Aerodynamic Pkg.
+ Splash guards
+ Floor mats
+ Wheel Locks
+ Cargo Net
+ Trunk Mats
----------------------------
Total MSRP : $44,475.00

My Deal:
$36,000 +
$865 Dest. +
$399 Docs. +
$60 Tags +
$1100 Tax.
---------------------
$38,500.00 (Approx.)

Do you think this is an Ok deal?

One more thing. I did buy a pkg called Resist-All. My dealer didn't force me to buy any packages but I thought this was worth the value as it covers interiors and exterior for 7 years. And I am pretty sure no car stays the same for 7 years. ;-)

Please let me know your thoughts..

Thanks!
pretty good deal. you took the $2500 incentive?

your price comes out to 10.8% off before incentives, considering the dest charge and doc fees.
they ripped you off on Doc fees. $399 !!!!@!#!# Reasonable doc fee ~$50

were they desperate to clear inventory?

what state are you in? how the hell is your tax so low

Last edited by link; 08-01-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
strivedi

pretty good deal. you took the $2500 incentive?

your price comes out to 10.8% off before incentives, considering the dest charge and doc fees.
they ripped you off on Doc fees. $399 !!!!@!#!# Reasonable doc fee ~$50

were they desperate to clear inventory?

what state are you in? how the hell is your tax so low

I don't know if they deducted 2500 incentive. But this was the deal I got. I don't know if they were desperate about the inventory. I know they got lot on doc. fees but I cared less because I had a feeling that I had a good deal. During my buying process I was:

1) Very clear about my requirements.
2) Reasonable in my first call price.
3) Was very inclined towards spending less time on any deal. [I finished my deal in 20 mins. + 15 mins of test ride. [I only had an hour]
4) Put lot of down for my car. [More than 20%]

But the dealership was awesome and I didn't feel like I was buying a car. I had heard horror stories about car buying but never felt like one. It was like buying bread from a store. I bought from VA. VA tax.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:23 AM
link

Originally Posted by strivedi
4) Put lot of down for my car. [More than 20%]

so who did you finance with? infiniti, or your own bank?

cuz the price you got seems to include the $2500 incentive. and you can't get both 0% financing and the $2500 discount
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
strivedi

so who did you finance with? infiniti, or your own bank?

cuz the price you got seems to include the $2500 incentive. and you can't get both 0% financing and the $2500 discount
No it isn't Infiniti that is financing.. I financed from my own bank.

Quick Reply: Good price for 2009 G37?