G37 Sedan

Optimal AC Settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
g37brad
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optimal AC Settings

It's hot as hell here (Florida) and the summers get just brutal. I'm just curious what the best way to set the AC on is. I'm still a little confused on the AC settings, as I see a the climate setting, but I also see a fan intensity. For example right now I have it on 75, blowing pretty medium. Does that just blow 75 degree air, at the intensity I choose? Also does the 75 AUTO setting just blow the air however it needs it to get the car to 75 degrees?

Also do you guys just leave it on all the time (so it starts automatically with startup)? I had it on 60 AUTO for the hell of it, and when the car started up today the air was blowing like a monsoon to cool the car down, wasnt sure if that was a big strain at start up.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
DownstairsDave
Registered Member

It tries to get the temp inside the car to what you set it at. As for it being too much of a load on startup with the A/C on, I'm not sure but I doubt it. You can run your fan that hard with the car completely off just fine. The starter adds a significant load but I'd still be fine with doing it.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Slowly, open your glove box. Reach for a thick book that says Manual on it and read it!!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
g37brad
Banned

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Slowly, open your glove box. Reach for a thick book that says Manual on it and read it!!
Hah, if I had some extra time...I wanted to a few days ago, but I want to throughly go through it at once.

BTW, I checked my glove box...No manual.! Mines in the trunk!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Forget reading the paper manual it's too thick and hard to keep open.
Here's what I do. Download the pdf files for the manual and the quick-start guide and read it as you work or as questions come up. I do a lot of reading and casual surfing while I make my sales calls.
http://www.infinitiusa.com/iapps/tec...Manuals_Guides
Old 06-03-2009, 08:06 PM
g37brad
Banned

Originally Posted by gugarci
Forget reading the paper manual it's too thick and hard to keep open.
Here's what I do. Download the pdf files for the manual and the quick-start guide and read it as you work or as questions come up. I do a lot of reading and casual surfing while I make my sales calls.
http://www.infinitiusa.com/iapps/tec...Manuals_Guides
Props bro. This is exactly what I need. Screw that brick sized book. You my friend are a mench.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37brad
Props bro. This is exactly what I need. Screw that brick sized book. You my friend are a mench.
No problem, and I'm sorry for my comical reply in your sport seat thread.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
g37brad
Banned

Originally Posted by gugarci
No problem, and I'm sorry for my comical reply in your sport seat thread.
LOL, it's all good...this is my 3rd car, and 3rd forum...so I'm use to the e-comedians Usually just get blasted with n00b, use search, and FAIL replies. HAHAHAH.

I can almost imagine a t-shirt saying "Use the SEARCH function"
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

g37brad, the temperature setting you dial it on would be a defined target point for the AC or Heater to try and achieve.

I have read the manual. However, I also have made multiple notes on the real actual scenarios to elucidate the program of the G37's climate control. I also conclude that our G37 climate control is one of the best in the industry, in my opinion. The tools & data I had during this exercise are: A) the outside temperature (as per instrument panel) and B) thermometer measuring the inside cabin temperature. Here are some actual scenarios.

Say you set the dial to 68F, and say the inside temp of your car is 95F having left it in the sun while parked, and say the outside temp is 80F... with the climate control at FULL AUTO... the AC is automatically activated, it will choose initially OPEN VENT & put the fan at its highest setting. About 4 mins later, inside cabin temp 78.5F, it shifts to RECIRCULATION (maximizing air conditioning once inside cabin cooler than outside temp), rapid cooling of interior ensues in another 4-5 minutes... fan blowing at its highest. Inside cabin temp drops to 70 in a minute or two, the fan/blower eases of to mid & sooner at its lowest. When it does so, the cabin temp actually is 69.5F.

You can interrupt FULL AUTO setting anytime by A) changing fan speed B) changing OPEN VENT or RECIRC function C) dialing the passenger setting different from driver setting.

One great tip for you - To keep the inside cabin temp cooled down rapidly after parking in the sun. A) keep pressing "open door switch" on your remote fob for longer than 10 seconds... all windows will roll down. (You have to keep the button pressed until all windows have rolled down. If you let go, it will stop the windows rolling down). B) Once you have started the engine & turned on the climate control, open your sunroof (if equipped) for ~10-15 seconds, the remaining heated air inside that is usually in the headroom area will vent off fast. Then your fan would not be blowing too loud for a longer time, making you enjoy the acoustics of the sound system better.

The heating scenario I have not done yet as I got my G37x around April, with winter only up in the sierras but not in Reno valley.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 AM
G4me

Put it on auto, press the left button to put the controls on "dual", set the temp by turning the ****, then.. forget about it.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:20 AM
G37xS

All my cars are set on Auto @ 74
Old 06-04-2009, 04:03 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i find 76 or 77 as a good target. anything lower will freeze your nuts once it's finally cooled down.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by finagle69
i find 76 or 77 as a good target. anything lower will freeze your nuts once it's finally cooled down.
That's what I am saying. I think our auto climate control stinks, and it is my biggest complaint on the car (so, not that big of a deal overall). I freeze my ***** off in the summer here on any setting under 75 degrees. In the winter it is really hot on anything over 70. I find that you really need a cold weather and hot weather setting because they are completely different. On my 04 G, I left it on 70-72 all the time (year round), and rarely had the change or adjust it. I could never do that on my 09....
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 PM
dantris2010

Completely agree. I want to try blocking the sunload sensors. I wonder if g35's had them.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:46 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
That's what I am saying. I think our auto climate control stinks, and it is my biggest complaint on the car (so, not that big of a deal overall). I freeze my ***** off in the summer here on any setting under 75 degrees. In the winter it is really hot on anything over 70. I find that you really need a cold weather and hot weather setting because they are completely different. On my 04 G, I left it on 70-72 all the time (year round), and rarely had the change or adjust it. I could never do that on my 09....
be happy your ac is cold. on my last audi a3, the ac was sent to the lowest temp and blowing high and it still didn't cool the car down much. with the opensky option (the glass panoramic roof and the mesh sunshade) the sun shines through in the summer with black leather, the car is like an oven. i love my ac in the G now.

Quick Reply: Optimal AC Settings