G37 Sedan

Anyone here not buy the sports package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Nocturnal
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here not buy the sports package?

I keep reading and it seems almost everyone here picked up the new G37 with the sports package and everything else.

I got a G37 sedan with all packages except for sport.

I got nav, BT, voice, bose, etc (premium + tech package).

I now have regrets about not getting the sports package too.

I now for sure next time I'll have to bite the bullet and pretty much go all out.

Here's a pic of the car:

Last edited by Nocturnal; 06-04-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:01 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nocturnal --

My wife has a G35x without the sport package and it's just as nice of a car -- in fact, the ride is a bit softer on the 17" rubber (obviously) and the seats are more supple than the sport seats, therefore it's nice to ride her car once in a while to feel a little more comfort.

No regrets man, I have an S "appearance" package on my X and my biggest reason for getting it was that I went from an A-spec TL with 18" rims and sport suspension, and I needed to feel something comparable.

Your car is a sweet ride, and if anything, the only thing you can change later on is the rims, and you can add sport paddles for under $300 as a DIY and have the full functionality of the sport paddles. Best part of your car is that you'll have unique, custom rims and it'll set your G apart.

Congrats on a great ride and enjoy it!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 PM
lange74

I just bought a g37x that will officially be mine tomorrow. I usually always take the sports packages when I buy a car but i didn't feel like paying more for what the sport package offers on this particular car.
look wise, to me it wasn't a big improvement, especially the wheels. I thought I could take the same money and buy very nice lightweight wheels and even put better brakes and do my own sport package for the same money.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lange74
I just bought a g37x that will officially be mine tomorrow. I usually always take the sports packages when I buy a car but i didn't feel like paying more for what the sport package offers on this particular car.
look wise, to me it wasn't a big improvement, especially the wheels. I thought I could take the same money and buy very nice lightweight wheels and even put better brakes and do my own sport package for the same money.
Sad fact is many that buy the sport package will replace a good amount of it.. namely wheels, suspension, and rotors. However even still for $1850 the cost of the package you couldn't cover the cost of it's brake upgrade let alone the tighter steering, front fascia, Sport seats, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD), and paddles. The wheels can also be sold to make up the cost for most of it to boot. Depending on you're preferences it's one of the best deals package wise.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 05-31-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:25 PM
lange74

In canada between the g37x sedan and the g37x sedan sport package, there is a 5000$ difference.

And for that, on the X, you don't have the bigger brakes. You get the wheels, stiffer suspension, the paddles and the look of the S. For 5000, I find that a bit expensive for almost nothing.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:30 PM
ipaqxman

I am in the process of possibly purchasing a G37X. I was under the impression, from the information on the infiniti site, that the sport package on the AWD sedan does not come with sport suspension or upgraded brakes, only mostly appearance chances such as wheels, seats, paddles. Is that correct? Or does the sport packaged AWD actually do handle better? Thanks
Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
gugarci

Correct. No sport suspension or sport brakes on the AWD Sport Package.
However I drove an 08 xS for about 1 year and I had no problems with the brakes or the handling.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:44 PM
RedG37SNC

True, I was refering to the Coupe RWD, I don't speak Sedan.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 06-01-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Riley
Registered Member

I'm in the market for G37X and I'm currently thinking of not getting the Sport.

I'd rather have the 17" rims and a softer ride (it's going to be the wife's car).
I'm still a bit torn on the seats... maybe the sport seats would be better.

And correct, on a X, the suspension and brakes are the same on the sport/non-sport.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Nocturnal
Registered Member

I forgot to mention it is my wife's car. I drive it very rarely. It's mainly for my wife.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 AM
gugarci

Originally Posted by Riley
I'm in the market for G37X and I'm currently thinking of not getting the Sport.

I'd rather have the 17" rims and a softer ride (it's going to be the wife's car).
I'm still a bit torn on the seats... maybe the sport seats would be better.

And correct, on a X, the suspension and brakes are the same on the sport/non-sport.
The brakes are the same. I'm not sure about the suspension but I think it's the same also. I like the sport seats much better than the regular seats.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 AM
KLB

I have a X and I did not get the Sport Package. Too little gain for the price for me.

Next time if they give the AWD everything the RWD gets, I might go for it.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 AM
cflury

So where is the best place to pick up a pair of the aftermarket Paddle Shifters?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
gugarci

I just recently traded in my 08xS for an 09 G37S sedan and the biggest thing I noticed right away was the quicker and faster geared sport steering. IMO they really should offer all these performance features on the X with the sport package.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:57 AM
TL62

Originally Posted by lange74
In canada between the g37x sedan and the g37x sedan sport package, there is a 5000$ difference.

And for that, on the X, you don't have the bigger brakes. You get the wheels, stiffer suspension, the paddles and the look of the S. For 5000, I find that a bit expensive for almost nothing.
I believe you're talking about the non-X model for a $5k price difference, in Canada anyway.

We have a G37xS now, was debating between that and the x non-Sport. The price difference is in fact only $1850 between the two. The only differences would be front bumper, side sills, paddle shifter, aluminum pedals, sport seats (great by the way!) and 18" wheels. There is no way anyone would pay $5k for these relatively insignificant upgrades. It's not like my car didn't already come with wheels and that I had to pay for them lol.

The ride difference is relatively insignificant as well, besides the fact that there is thinner rubber on the 18" sport wheels vs. the base rubber.

(of course i'm only talking the AWD model)

Quick Reply: Anyone here not buy the sports package?