G37 Sedan

Anyone here not buy the sports package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Mike P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happen to like the sport and the sport seats. I do like the paddles, even though they are $300 after market. Wish the seats were a seperate option. I am a big guy and although I fit tighly it is still comfortable. I have the Coupe without sport and the Sedan is smoother ridign than the Coupe. I do like the exhaust note of the Coupe. I will change that the Sedan when they have a few more options.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got an XS and though i like the bumpers wheels and paddles, I could have really done without the sport seats. I don't use all the side bolsters anyway and after being used to my flat lexus seats i like to move around a little bit on long drives. In the G sport seats you are not going anywhere, and like Max said unless youa re tracking the car, aside from good looks the sport seats are really not necessary so its all personal preference.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Riley
Registered Member

I'm really struggling with this and have driven and sat in both....

Tonight I'm taking home an overnight demo that's non-Sport (Sliver) but they have a Blue Onyx that's with Sport and I'm really torn. I like the Blue Onyx better and worry that in the end, I'll wish we had the sport model (just a little worried about the seats).
Old 08-14-2009, 05:51 PM
netmag

Originally Posted by Riley
I'm really struggling with this and have driven and sat in both....

Tonight I'm taking home an overnight demo that's non-Sport (Sliver) but they have a Blue Onyx that's with Sport and I'm really torn. I like the Blue Onyx better and worry that in the end, I'll wish we had the sport model (just a little worried about the seats).
They didn't have any sport models for you to demo? Then you could really take your time to sit in it for a while and see if any discomfort arises.

I'm torn about this too. Actually, I'm not even 100% sure I'm going to buy anything yet. However, I had decided if I did then I'd like to have the xS.I like everything about it including the special seats but I'm worried about the sport seat too. It felt fine in my tests but I certainly would not be able to get any use out of the inflating thigh bolsters. Also, I couldn't sit in it long enough to tell if it would bother me after a certain amount of time.

In the dealership, I was able to sit each going from an xS to an x and back again. I also got to test driver each type. Both felt fine to me. The sport seats were more gripping but still felt good.

I'm just worried about the long term. Would I get tired of climbing out of the xS after a few years? The thigh bolsters have a welded piece of metal in each side so while the cushion part may flatten out a little, it's going to stay mostly rigid like that for good. The sport seat was also more constricting even in the sense of just turning around to look in the back seat.

The non-S felt very open of course and was (as expected) much easier to get in and out of. You pretty much just slide out of it like anything else.

I think I would still be ok with the xS, I just wish Infiniti had given it a bit more width so I wouldn't be at the maximum limit before even inflating anything.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a non-sport, but got the sport wheel and tire package. I've enjoyed how it looks, the wheels are the most noticeable feature on a sport anyways.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:57 PM
netmag

Originally Posted by Graham
I have a non-sport, but got the sport wheel and tire package. I've enjoyed how it looks, the wheels are the most noticeable feature on a sport anyways.
On the x, you don't get that option though. The only factory option to get the bigger wheels on the x is to get the S package.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Mike P

This is another thread about personal preference. I am 6'5"/270 lbs. I fit fine in the sport seats. Unless you **** is too big (weight and wieght-loss discussed in another thread) to get in the door, the seat should not be a problem. Yes the seat is tighter, but when you're testing your new car, you'll be sliding all around wondering why I did not get that option. I like it and think the enhancements make the car look great, especially the midnight grill and areo package (I know they are not part of the Sport Package). I even had the metal taken out of the interior and the wood put in, Crazy.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
sg37

Originally Posted by herbiehancock00
I actually like the side skirt of the sports package alot. Does anyone know if it's a dealer sold item? I've looked around online but couldn't find anything.
I couldn't find it either.

There must be a way to order it, what if S cars need sills replacement.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM
nitromt

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Sad fact is many that buy the sport package will replace a good amount of it.. namely wheels, suspension, and rotors. However even still for $1850 the cost of the package you couldn't cover the cost of it's brake upgrade let alone the tighter steering, front fascia, Sport seats, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD), and paddles. The wheels can also be sold to make up the cost for most of it to boot. Depending on you're preferences it's one of the best deals package wise.
It's a worthy upgrade if you're starting with a G37 Journey. If you have a G37X, then I don't think the Sports Package is worth it.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:39 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had an 08xS and I disagree. IMO the sport seats and the paddle shifters are still worth it. Provided you are comfortable in the sport seats.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 AM
L-GT

Picked up a 09 G37 Journey w/ Premium pkg a few weeks ago. I'm sure the sports package would've been nice though.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:56 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The brakes alone were enough to sell me on the sport package.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM
G37-6MT

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
The brakes alone were enough to sell me on the sport package.
Me too. They feel fantastic and look incredible. It adds to the sport appeal big time. I always thought it was lame in the past the only the coupe got the brake upgrade.

The RWD sport package is excellent on the G for the money.