G37 Sedan

Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:23 AM
zx95tt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up

I usually don't like to boast or brag about my cars but this G is too hot and rare not to share with everyone. I've attached a few pics....tell me what you think.

Options:
Sports Package
Tech Package
Premium Package
Nav Package

Midnight Black Grille
Rear Spoiler
Front Chin Spoiler
Illuminated Kick Plates
Body Color Splash Guards
Infiniti Trunk Mat

3M Clear Bra

Interior - Graphite Leather w/ Washi Aluminum
Attached Thumbnails Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up-front.jpg   Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up-side.jpg   Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up-back.jpg   Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up-inside.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 08:34 AM
KLB

Very nice. Congrats! You'll love it.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Sam K

Congratulations! I see that you got that car from Harte Infiniti in Hartford, CT. I almost got that same car the last week of April after I found it listed in their inventory on their website. The only thing that kept me from getting it was the fact that it had the rear wing style spoiler instead of the new rear lip style spoiler. I believe the MSRP on that car was $45,175.

Just to prove it, I attached a couple of pics that I had the salesman send me since I'm in Queens and I didn't want to make the trip up there until I confirmed that it had the rear spoiler I was looking for. As you can see by my signature, I ended up getting a different car. I ended up ordering the black grill, illuminated kick plates, front and rear spoiler and will be installing them myself.

You're really lucky to get a car with all those options factory installed. They're not many of them out there. My dealer in NY had a white one with almost the same equipment except it didn't have the grill and it had the glass breakage sensor and the rear lip spoiler but I just don't like white. I had them search far and wide for a similar car in black obsidian or platinum graphite. They had found one in Rhode Island but somebody bought it before they could get it for me. Then I told them that I found that car at Harte Infiniti and they didn't believe me because it wasn't listed in the Infiniti inventory system. They said that Harte Infiniti must have marked that car as sold to prevent it from coming up in the inventory system.
Attached Thumbnails Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up-0428091219.jpg   Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up-0428091219a.jpg  

Last edited by Sam K; 05-12-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does your car have 4 wheel active steer? If I recall, the spoiler you have is only available if you order 4WAS.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM
zx95tt

madmax2k1: Yes. This one has the 4 wheel active steer just like my older 95 nissan 300zx twin turbo. Which gives this car yet another level of grip in the corners that takes it to a new level.

Unfortunately, I can't push it to the max yet since I'm trying to adhere to the 1200 mile break in period.

Sam K: Yes...this looks to be the same car that you spotted. Harte Infiniti was "hiding" it since it is so rare. My wife and I were the first one's to take it for a test drive. And after driving a used 08 G35xS and this one it was a no brainer purchase. Harte was only given 2 of these to sell for the whole year and Infinity is only producing less than 1% with these packaged options.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats. Awesome car! Its 100% just like mine but I dont have the grill, spoiler and chin.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice car any mod plans? I do have to say that the kit is nice but needs to be lowered now and I hate those wheels, the car is pretty tight otherwise.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
zx95tt

No, not looking to mod this one yet. But the itch will come soon ..... so when I do start it will get the gen3 stillen dual intakes. Still trying to figure out what type of exhaust to go with, and I'd think about lowering it an inch with Eibach's Pro Kit.

And when I get board I'll have to look into the twin turbo kit.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Sam K

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
Does your car have 4 wheel active steer? If I recall, the spoiler you have is only available if you order 4WAS.
Originally Posted by zx95tt
madmax2k1: Yes. This one has the 4 wheel active steer just like my older 95 nissan 300zx twin turbo. Which gives this car yet another level of grip in the corners that takes it to a new level.

Unfortunately, I can't push it to the max yet since I'm trying to adhere to the 1200 mile break in period.
No offense guys but I don't see 4 wheel active steer listed as a separate option on the G37x on either InfinitiUSA.com or Edmunds.com. It's only available on the G37 Journey and G37 Sport 6MT models (i.e. only the RWD models) as a $1300 option. It's not available on the base model or the G37x. It's also NOT included in the sport package on the G37x. I spoke to several dealers and looked at several G37x sedans and not a single dealer ever asked me if I wanted the 4 wheel active steer option.

Sam K: Yes...this looks to be the same car that you spotted. Harte Infiniti was "hiding" it since it is so rare. My wife and I were the first one's to take it for a test drive. And after driving a used 08 G35xS and this one it was a no brainer purchase. Harte was only given 2 of these to sell for the whole year and Infinity is only producing less than 1% with these packaged options.
Yes, it's definitely the same car. The sales manager that I spoke to told me the same thing that Infiniti is only producing less than 1% of cars with all these options. The MSRP on that car was $45175. Even if that car had the rear lip spoiler that I wanted (like the one on the coupe), I don't think I would have gotten it from them. They didn't offer that great of a deal because of that less than 1% thing. It ended up being less expensive for me to get a car without those options and then buy and install the accessories myself. I can get the front chin spoiler, rear lip spoiler, illuminated kick plates and black grill for about $1150 shipped. Harte Infiniti wanted 3% over invoice on that car plus a $330 documentation fee if my memory serves me correctly. My NY dealer leased me my car for $500 under invoice with a $45 documentation fee because NY state has laws limiting documentation fees and CT does not. In terms of relative cost, Harte was about $1550 over invoice and my dealer was $455 under invoice when you factor in the doc fee in both deals, a $2000 swing. The difference in monthly payment was $70 per month for 39 months. That's over $2700 over the term of the lease so it's a lot cheaper for me to buy and install the parts myself. Since I was leasing the dealer didn't get the $2K marketing support that they get for people who are buying.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya know I dont mean to bitch but..... why the hell doesn't Infiniti make a chin spoiler for the G37 coupe....

anyways... nice work thus far.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
G35 Stickman

Nice looking ride!! Who was your salesperson at Harte?? I almost bought my G there but they couldn't get me what I wanted without ordering or going out of state and paying a lot to get it shipped so I went to Maryland for mine.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

I usually don't like to boast or brag about my cars but this G is too hot and rare not to share with everyone. I've attached a few pics....tell me what you think.

Options:
Sports Package
Tech Package
Premium Package
Nav Package

Midnight Black Grille
Rear Spoiler
Front Chin Spoiler
Illuminated Kick Plates
Body Color Splash Guards
Infiniti Trunk Mat

3M Clear Bra

Interior - Graphite Leather w/ Washi Aluminum
Nice... Well since your in CT, you should join up G35NYC.com a lot more people from CT and NY surroundings.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Ide prefer the Aero rear spoiler instead, or your spoiler. JMO

And I also agree with Dr. Jones, why no aero kit for us coupes?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
congrats. bo is the best color and everyone knows it.

any mod plans?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Mallified

Congrats on the new sedan! Obsidian is a great color.

I factory ordered a blue slate/graphite G37xS with these same options + the glass breakage sensor. It's due to arrive at the end of the month. The sales manager was unable to tell me which rear spoiler the vehicle would have on it. Anyone have any idea which spoiler wil be on the car? Also, the dealer could not order it with the trunk net. What's up with that?

Quick Reply: Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up