G37 Sedan

Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Team Punisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with the new ride..you know it can be BLACKER....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:36 PM
'TardPatrol
Banned

Originally Posted by zx95tt
No, not looking to mod this one yet.
Originally Posted by aliiin
congrats. bo is the best color and everyone knows it.

any mod plans?
'TardPatrol
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
AWD and 4WS are two differnet things.... no AWD can come w/ 4 wheel steering... just some FYI for the newbies... congrats and enjoy the new G
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Sam K

Originally Posted by Mallified
Congrats on the new sedan! Obsidian is a great color.

I factory ordered a blue slate/graphite G37xS with these same options + the glass breakage sensor. It's due to arrive at the end of the month. The sales manager was unable to tell me which rear spoiler the vehicle would have on it. Anyone have any idea which spoiler wil be on the car? Also, the dealer could not order it with the trunk net. What's up with that?
Smart move on doing the factory order. If I knew in advance that I was going to get a G sedan and that the aero package was available as a port installed option, then I would have ordered mine. The Infiniti website gave me the impression that the aero packages, rear spoiler, front chin spoiler, midnight black grill, illuminated kick plates, etc are dealer installed accessories.

If you got option code R97 Aerodynamic Package - Navigation & Sport then you should have the factory lip spoiler with the camera (not the one that's on the Black G37xS in this thread). I know this because my dealer had a white/stone G37xS sedan with the rear lip spoiler and front chin spoiler and when I test drove it, I saw the paper in the car with the list of installed options and it had R97 Aerodynamic Package written on it. It also said PIO next to that option which means it's a port installed option as opposed to factory installed.

Several dealers told me it would take 4 months to order a car with the options I wanted. How long ago did you order yours?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
awesome car! enjoy it!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 AM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Black obsidian IS the best color for the G -- hands down --

I think yer ride plus the rims you have are pretty pimp -- nice choice and congrats!

I wonder if BO G's have LESS swirls thanks to the self healing clear coat?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am thinking the same thing about the swirls.... I have not yet washed mine becasue i want to get it hand washed and waxed before it ever sees an auto car wash.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 AM
elite

Not bad. Get rid of that double spoiler.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Sam K

Originally Posted by Mallified
Also, the dealer could not order it with the trunk net. What's up with that?
If you go on InfinitiUSA.com and build a loaded G sedan, as soon as you select the midnight black grill, the cargo net gets the "!" next to it which means you can't add it because it "Will require changes to your current selections". As soon as you try to select the cargo net you get a popup message that says "Your selection will require changes....midnight black grille will be removed". So apparently the dealer can't order them both either which makes no sense. Why would the create a restriction preventing a cargo net and midnight black grill from being ordered together?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam K
If you go on InfinitiUSA.com and build a loaded G sedan, as soon as you select the midnight black grill, the cargo net gets the "!" next to it which means you can't add it because it "Will require changes to your current selections". As soon as you try to select the cargo net you get a popup message that says "Your selection will require changes....midnight black grille will be removed". So apparently the dealer can't order them both either which makes no sense. Why would the create a restriction preventing a cargo net and midnight black grill from being ordered together?
most G's come w/ a cargo net. but it's a PITA even internally when we need to order cars.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Black obsidian IS the best color for the G -- hands down --

I think yer ride plus the rims you have are pretty pimp -- nice choice and congrats!

I wonder if BO G's have LESS swirls thanks to the self healing clear coat?
My Infiniti salesrep told me last week it does.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
zx95tt

Hmmm.....ours came with the cargo net. Have the dealer throw it in for free. There was no charge on our sticker for it.

And as a correction .....(My apology) this G does not have the 4ws. I took a look at the windows sticker an realized it isn't listed.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
zx95tt

Sam K: No waiting for us. This baby was on their lot! But we were told if anyone wanted to get a similar one they'd have to wait a minimum of 90 days to get it delivered.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Mallified

Sam,

Thanks for the info on the spoiler.

I ordered mine on March 14, 2009. It is supposed to be ready for pickup at the dealer on May 29, 2009. The car I ordered was already in the "que" to be built for the dealer. The sales manager went on line and added the options I wanted to the car. The sales manager said that I would get the car faster doing it this way.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Sam K

Originally Posted by zx95tt
Sam K: No waiting for us. This baby was on their lot! But we were told if anyone wanted to get a similar one they'd have to wait a minimum of 90 days to get it delivered.
I guess you forgot that I was the one who almost bought your car from Harte Infiniti.

I didn't have enough time to order my car anyway. I was told it takes 4 months to order the car so I would have had to decide 2 months before my lease was up on my Infiniti M45 that I was going to lease a loaded G37x and then extend my lease by the maximum of 2 months in order to give them the 4 months. I didn't decide that I wanted the G37x until the beginning of April and since April was my 2nd extension month on my M45 lease, I had to give it back by the end of April so the only option for me was to try and find a car with all the options I wanted. I ended up settling on a car with only the options that had to be factory installed and then I'll install the rest.

Quick Reply: Nasty G37xS Black Obsidian Sedan - Full Factory Body Kit - Just picked up