G37 Sedan

OVERpaid!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 PM
G-L337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OVERpaid!?

So I drove pretty far to check out this 2007 G35x, price was good so I made a appt. to drive the car - anyway when I got there, car was sold...didn't have any other in stock - he did have a 2009 g37x in stock - I decided well I came all the way out here might as well test drive a infiniti - I was completely sold on the car it was a great ride, anyway it did have 10,000 miles on it and was a fleet vehicle, I managed to get it for 33,500 - it does have some minor wear and tear, seen mostly highway miles - runs great - the invoice price according to the dealership as I recall was somewhere around 38, I'll try and get a spec sheet up - all I know for right now is it doesn't have navigaton.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Airborne Guy

fail detected
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 AM
aznutx

are you trying to ask us if you overpaid?

well 33500 for a used 10k mile vehicle 38k$ invoice, about average/higher than normal imo. now u mention wear/tear... that where i think there needs to be some explanation cus that affects the value of the car.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
fleet car? you mean enterprise rental?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
what dealership is this in MA? Kelly or Herb Chambers?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:28 AM
G-L337

it was bertera auto in west springfield, ma - I was orignally looking at this car - which they said they didn't have yet it's still posted on ebay - here - yet it's still posted, I just confirmed I have the base g37x with moonroof - I was also curious if the standard 6-speaker stereo was bose? - the salesmen said yes but he also said it had remote start *sight* I'm starting to lose the faith with bertera and it's salemen - I really appreciate all the feedback !
Old 04-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
ok so you officially own the car now? or are you going through the process? Cause id definitely look other places as well if I were you. I know for a fact stealerships are hurting and you can easily find a better deal on a G37 with more features and perhaps brand new..either way good luck my friend!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 AM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You bought an Enterprise off rental car- base model G37x with the sunroof. I had one for a week and it was hard to drive it for me- I'm used to certain features such as memory seats, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, bluetooth, etc... You probably paid an OK price, because I saw one here, on a dealership lot with 11,000 miles and it was "sale" priced at 35,500. Of course, it all depends on what kind of "wear and tear" you are talking about.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM
rohardi

If it were me I would just have spent a few grand more and got a new car the way I want it specked out, not something that's already been used and abused.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 AM
G-L337

Originally Posted by rohardi
If it were me I would just have spent a few grand more and got a new car the way I want it specked out, not something that's already been used and abused.
I agree, last night I was running the car and there is a loud ticking noise coming from the front driver's side wheel - I'm considering taking league action, should I? At this point I'm so fed up, I'm going back this weekend! I should of went for a new one.

o by the way my last post - I forgot to link the page of the original car I wanted... [here] not that it really matters anymore, I'm hooked on the g37.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G-L337
I agree, last night I was running the car and there is a loud ticking noise coming from the front driver's side wheel - I'm considering taking league action, should I? At this point I'm so fed up, I'm going back this weekend! I should of went for a new one.

o by the way my last post - I forgot to link the page of the original car I wanted... [here] not that it really matters anymore, I'm hooked on the g37.
Yeah.....a Chrysler/Jeep dealer told you that an Infiniti G37 sedan came with remote start *RED FLAG*. Also, the fact that you had an appointment to test drive a car that was sold when you got there and they didn't contact you....*RED FLAG*. Just my opinion, but if you're gonna drop that kinda cash on a car either buy it from an Infiniti dealer that KNOWS what they're talking about and has a much more strict pre-owned policy/warranty, or spend the few extra $K for a new car. I hope they don't d*ck you around when you try to get them to fix the problems with the car. I think you probably could have gotten a better deal at an Infiniti dealer with a better product. Just my $.02. Good luck buddy.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 AM
NotUrG
Registered Member

I just looked at the car that you wanted to buy- it is loaded exactly like the one you just bought. I also checked out the vehicle history report on the car that you wanted to buy and it said it was in an accident with the left side of the vehicle, so I would have been hesitant to purchase that one, not knowing the extent of the damage or how well it was actually repaired. At least with the "off rental" model that you bought, chances are that in 10K, it was not involved in a serious accident that needed major work done to it.

I'm not sure what type of legal action you are going to go for, because the wheel is ticking, or because they said that the car had remote start. If it is the wheel ticking, take it in to Infiniti and have it fixed. If it is because of the remote start, you should have done more investigation into it and asked on the spot when you were in the car, about the remote start and not purchased it if it was not actually in the vehicle.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:23 PM
bunluvsvw

Sigh, thats why I never buy a high end car used, yeah at the moment it might sound good to save $5-8000 off new, but Hey, you already plunking $30+ grand for a used one, seriously, whats another $5-8000. you buy a G because you are in a certain class, otherwise you might as well buy a hyundai, the best bang for the buck car. Thats why when I picked up my G, I got the top of the line one, didnt get a non s with no navi or no premium, not bashing on fellow G members, just giving my 2cents. If Im gonna finance a car, whats another $75-100 a month for the way better model right? Remember, Enterprise= treat your car like ****, no break in period, no premium gas, and drive it like you stole it attitude.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
Remember, Enterprise= treat your car like ****, no break in period, no premium gas, and drive it like you stole it attitude.
Can't be any worse than the Hertz M35X that I had as a rental that was blowing oil out of the engine seals and leaking all over, that they told me to just keep dumping oil into and keep driving.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:46 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G-L337
Why would you take legal action against the dealer. They told you it was a fleet car, what do you expect? Did you get it inspected by an independent mechanic? Don't blame the dealer for your own mistakes.

Quick Reply: OVERpaid!?