G37 Sedan

confused about key/set memory

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
emtrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confused about key/set memory

Perhaps some of you more experienced G owners can help a newbie. I was led to undertsand the seat memory ( linked to the individual keys in our car #1 for wife's key and #2 for mine) "recognized the driver when they start button was pressed"

In my car that seems to work fine as long as the car has gone through a lock cycle. If I get into the car unlocked in my garage, it wants to reveret to the last used driving postion (my wife's) unless I hit the seat memory (#2) button on the door.

Is this correct or should it recognize my key and the linked seat memory (#2) even if the car was let uinlocked after she drove it last ?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No the seat only changes when its locked or unlocked, if you just hop in an unlocked car it won't reset the seat.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
emtrey

thanks---that explains it. I thought I was told otherwise on dellivery BUT I was hearing a whole bunch of stuff so I may not have completely understood what he was saying.

There is a ton of technology to get used to on this car...almost all good but there is a learning curve.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by emtrey
thanks---that explains it. I thought I was told otherwise on dellivery BUT I was hearing a whole bunch of stuff so I may not have completely understood what he was saying.

There is a ton of technology to get used to on this car...almost all good but there is a learning curve.
Same thing with me, I thought I was told not to keep my key next to my cell phone, but have since been informed otherwise. I'm sure she told me more features, but I was just staring at my new car and didn't hear any of it.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
emtrey

We are finally locked in w/ our 2 cell phones ( wife never had a bluetooth phone since she had a hands free kit in her A-6) and the salesman was nice enough to come to our home and "move" our house on the satellite maps which has helped w/ the navigation system.

An awful lot of performance and content for the money. I don't drive it often but I like it.
Smooth and pretty quick...can't wait till its broken in. They could have given us some better OEM tires ( on the X cars) but that's an easy fix.