G37 Sedan

2009 G37 Sedan or Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
If the coupe had a useable back seat I would have considered it, but it's really just barely adequate for the smallest of kids. I prefer the sporty look of the coupe but the Sedan has a much better use of space. I will be looking at the 370z in 2013 since my wife won't be toting kids around then
Old 07-29-2010, 09:25 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you care about the extra speed of the sedan? If you dont get the coupe.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
Do you care about the extra speed of the sedan? If you dont get the coupe.
LOL, I've read comments like this before and they always make me laugh. I'm not sure why people think the sedan is faster than the coupe when both cars should run neck and neck. Seriously, if you were to race two identical coupes against each other, chances are one would be ever so slightly ahead of the other. And that's the same thing with a coupe versus a sedan. Whoever drives better would win. A few pounds of curb weight wouldn't make an appreciable difference either way.

Either way, if I truly cared about speed, the G37 wouldn't even be a car that I would consider. It's a quick car relatively speaking, but I wouldn't exactly classify it was fast. There are too many other choices that would be much faster.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 AM
SnoopSER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its all about prefrence, I have three kids 1 on the way I currently don't even own a G(but its the car I'm looking into buying) I Also have a big family, and homies that alot of them don't drive at all or very seldom! I couldn't see craming them into a G coupe(Its hard enough getting them in my 4 door SE-R) So if your gonna go out to dinner with friends & your significant other, or clients or potential business clients would you want to shove them in the back seat of a coupe or give them a little comfort while you took them to certain hotspot in your city or town? Just my opinion
Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 PM
KLB

Why would you ask a bunch of strangers what car to buy? Go look at them at buy the one you like.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 AM
zoner

Originally Posted by SnoopSER
Its all about prefrence, I have three kids 1 on the way I currently don't even own a G(but its the car I'm looking into buying) I Also have a big family, and homies that alot of them don't drive at all or very seldom! I couldn't see craming them into a G coupe(Its hard enough getting them in my 4 door SE-R) So if your gonna go out to dinner with friends & your significant other, or clients or potential business clients would you want to shove them in the back seat of a coupe or give them a little comfort while you took them to certain hotspot in your city or town? Just my opinion
The G is not a large car, it really is in the compact segment if you look at the interior specs. The long hood look takes a toll on interior space. If you check the specs, your SE-R is about on par with the G as far as interior space. I have a 03 Accord as well and when my daughter gets in the back seat of the Accord she says "wow the Accord has a lot more space back here".
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by SnoopSER
Yeah, I agree with that. If I only had one car, it wouldn't be a coupe for the reasons you mentioned. Since my coupe isn't my only car, I have no such issues!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:22 PM
hookedoncars2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I bought my 09 Sedan Journey, I rellay wanted the coupe. Really liked the exterior look. However, when I considered that trunk space for a couple sets of golf clubs was important to me, I choose the sedan. I'd have to shoe horn two sets of clubs in the coupe. Practicality over pure looks. Today, I have no regrets. I love the sedan and its look.

In addition to the sedan's weight advantage, I didn't see anyone mention the sedan's coef. of drag advantage. Check out the specs. Not a big difference. Should't rule your decision on sedan versus coupe. Both are great cars.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Jamler

Originally Posted by hookedoncars2
When I bought my 09 Sedan Journey, I rellay wanted the coupe. Really liked the exterior look. However, when I considered that trunk space for a couple sets of golf clubs was important to me, I choose the sedan. I'd have to shoe horn two sets of clubs in the coupe. Practicality over pure looks. Today, I have no regrets. I love the sedan and its look.
Rear seats drop in the coupe, piece of cake putting clubs in there!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamler
Rear seats drop in the coupe, piece of cake putting clubs in there!
Much easier than putting people in there
Old 08-07-2010, 05:47 PM
evilpanda

prioritize how you will use the car. if you always have people with you, i suggest the sedan. if its for personal daily drive and you dont carry anyone then the coupe. i personally went for the sedan since i always have my friends with me that don't drive. we've had a focus coupe before and it was a pain getting in n out of the backseat.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Creepers

coupe is more exclusive, sexier and really purrs. the sedan is nice, too, but it's for older people imo. also, the sedan's taillights pale in comparison to the coupe's angry eyes.