G37 Sedan

2009 G37X mechanical problems- safety concerns

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Kidsdoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Originally Posted by Kidsdoc
I have a 2009 G37x (6000km) that abruptly gave me the same problem 2 days ago while driving at 80km/h in -20C weather - car just lost power although never stalled. I was only able to get the car to run at 40km/hr otherwise it started to jerk and shudder - quite scary really.
I took it to the dealer (Hyatt Infiniti in Calgary) and I have been given same diagnosis as everyone else - Mass Airflow Sensor problem - with a promise of a software fix in the next few days. I am told that the engineers think it is an altitude issue which might explain why cars from Calgary and Colorado are over-represented.
I was given a Malibu to drive but have kicked up a fuss and will be given a new G37X to drive tomorrow until I get my car back.
The dealership here has been understanding but I must say my confidence in the product is a little shaken. I really hope this is not the beginning of an unpleasant saga..
Saw the dealer this morning - the module has to be shipped to the States for a software upgrade which at this time cannot be done remotely. I am told I should have my car back next week but we will see about that. In the meantime I have been given a demo 2009 G37xS (3000km) to drive which I am loving but a bit anxious that this car too will start to shudder etc.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM
baileyrx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man thats so weird! i have 1500 miles on my car, did some snow power sliding and other snow bound fun. lots of miles with regular driving & lots of spirited driving. Never any problems. I hope this work out for your cars...
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Chugger

I got the same message - that it's an altitude issue with the software/sensors. They gave me a new EX35 as a loaner, as I declined to drive a G37x until they definitively fix the issue. Although the EX35 is nice.....it's not a G37x!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:40 PM
the rever

Saw the dealer this morning - the module has to be shipped to the States for a software upgrade which at this time cannot be done remotely. I am told I should have my car back next week but we will see about that. In the meantime I have been given a demo 2009 G37xS (3000km) to drive which I am loving but a bit anxious that this car too will start to shudder etc.
I was emailed by my service rep yesterday (Tuesday, March 17) who said the dealership had been contacted by a service manager in Canada. He wanted to find out if my dealership had seen this problem. My service guys told the Canadian guy that they had seen "pieces of it, but that we are told this is a 'Normal' condition." My service rep went on to say, however, that he has heard that "they MAY be working on some sort of software patch to take care of the concern you were experiencing."

I respect my service rep in that he is walking a fine line between Infiniti and me. I think that explains the "correct speak" he is using to communicate with me.

What can you tell me about the software upgrade? And something from your car (module) had to be shipped here to have it done? It's interesting that you're told that your car will be returned to you soon after being fixed in the states, while I'm still in the dark. . .but in the states. Hmm.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 AM
beerevmd

Last week I had a similar problem with my G37x expressed by many people on this thread; deceleration, strange transmission shifts, and vehicle vibration at idle. It started with the " service engine soon" flashing, and when I stopped, it remained on. This occurred at 1100 miles.
I had it towed to the dealer, and they only found a error codes. One was a valve misfire and the other was a loose ground wire. I have driven it 120 miles since then with no problem.
I'm holding my breath, and hoping that a software patch comes soon.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Chugger

Update - the ECM have now been returned from programming and fitted back in to the 4 vehicles in Calgary; apparently, the service rep that could reproduce the fault in any vehicle has been extensively testing 2 of the 'fixed' cars and can no longer get the fault to appear. We should have our vehicles back next week.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 AM
machinist

Is this happening to the Sedan only or has the coupe X also been affected by the issue?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Forane

2009 G37X coupe with similiar experience...

Hey guys!

I purchased a 2009 G37X coupe in November 2008. The car has been running great until about 3 weeks ago. My wife and I were in Manitou Springs Colorado (elevation 6320 feet). I was going about 35-40 mph, beginning to slow down for a traffic light. It had snowed that morning and had melted, and the road had an inch or two of water on the surface. Suddenly, the car began to jerk and lose power. I could steer and brake normally. I came to a stop ( the light was red) and when the light turned green the car would accelerate slowly but definitely had a loss of power. My wife asked what was wrong...I told her I had been "lurking" on this forum and had heard of this issue. I pulled off the road into a parking lot, turned the car off (there was no warning light that I can recall, no CEL) and then after about 30 seconds restarted the car. Everything was back to normal. My car had about 2200 miles on it at that point. I have not had any other issues. I was speculating that this "anomaly" was because the VDC had activated because of the wet, slushy road but now I'm not so sure. From what I have learned on this thread, it may indeed be a "bug" in the software. I have yet to have my first service (was told by the service manager to get a few more miles on the car) but will definitely mention this issue to him. Overall, I love the car..
Old 03-23-2009, 01:12 AM
NISSAN TECH

this sound like a computer programme
Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 AM
NISSAN TECH

stop crying chugger let them do thire job
Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Kidsdoc

Got my G37X back today with the new software fix - so far so good.
Really loved driving the G37xS loaner - really tight handling, firmer ride etc but good to have my car back.
Hoping for the best
Kidsdoc
Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 AM
machinist

Really loved driving the G37xS loaner - really tight handling, firmer ride etc but good to have my car back.
Hoping for the best
Kidsdoc
Do you drive the coupe or sedan?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
the rever

Hoping for the best
Kidsdoc
Could you elaborate a bit about where the software update was done, as well as what was done? And could you avoid as many acronyms as possible? I often don't understand them. . .

I want to present this information to my dealer and service tech here in Colorado. I'm not sure that they're pressing ahead on this as much as I am. In any case, I'm playing an active role in all this.

I would appreciate it, kidsdoc.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Chugger

Originally Posted by NISSAN TECH
stop crying chugger let them do thire job

Well 'Nissan Tech', quite amazed by your comment - you are obviously a moron (look it up in the dictionary - big book with words in). This is a thread for people sharing their experiences with this serious issue, not for the intellectually challenged to pass judgement; if you have nothing constructive to add, perhaps you should start up your own thread. I have had a G37x for 10 weeks, 5 of which it has been in the dealership 'letting them do their job'.....!

BTW - if I had known people like you were Nissan Tech's - I would have stuck to Acura's!

Luv & Kisses...... Chugger

Last edited by Chugger; 03-25-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I guess I'm lucky in by sea level

Quick Reply: 2009 G37X mechanical problems- safety concerns