Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
or as the russian pronounce it ZEMA
Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
wireboltman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
i never said vehicle of choise i said it would do fine. If you are saying the G37XS awd is the car of choise that is funny because you should be looking for a truck with more ground clearance. If your looking for a great vehical in the snow get a sled. I nerver chalanged how much snow you get we get just as much in banff and jasper. But i guess in Michigan you only drive awd cars cuz as you say that is the ideal vehical. I guess non of you neighbors have a 2wd car? If you want something that is so good in the snow get a truck. If you are buying a G for a sport car get the rwd it will do ok in the snow and will be hella more fun in the summer.
The first part of your response isn't even worth a comment-

My point is that the G37X looks exactly the same as the G37S and has the added safety of AWD.
The difference in 0-60/1/4 mile time is completely negligible. Possibly .1 or .2 tenths of a second at best.
Added to that, it will kick the $hit out of a RWD G37S at the track, I'd be willing to bet.
Now how much fun is that?

Last edited by wireboltman; 11-19-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^^ ha done with you you fail
Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
wireboltman

^^^^ ha done with you you fail
You've confirmed my suspicions about not knowing of what you speak.
On several fronts, it appears-

I've got over 300 track miles on my FX35 and about 90-100 SCCA autocross runs.
I've taken out Corvettes, Porches, and Audi Quattros.

My AWD FX35 is faster than a RWD FX35. Hands down.
I had a true dual exhaust system bent up for me, 1/2 Motordyne plenum spacer and Stillen CAI. STB also.

How about you?
Done much track time in order to make a statement like that?
Let's go.
I'll give you a run for your money with a 4300 lb SUV-

This AWD system just screams around the track and autocross.
Same one that'll be on the G37X
Old 11-19-2008, 11:36 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wireboltman
Your neighbour to the South gets about 250"-300" every winter.

Snowing like a sumbitch right now. We got 22" yesterday just a few miles East of here. Not quite that much here, but it looks like tonight we'll make up for that.-
We got 48" of snow the first two weeks of this past April.

As I've said before, it's all two lane highways up here with the closest 4 lane 160 miles to the West and 180 miles to the East from here.

We don't see pavement for a good 4 months of the yr.
Nothing but ice and snow several inches thick on virtually all roads and streets except the main highway/s.

The idea that you would suggest that RWD would be the vehicle of choice when the option of AWD is now available, and when driving in "real" snow country like this for many months, every day of the winter, still leaves me a bit suspect of your snow driving experience and or expertise----my good neighbor to the North-

Shumby Wirebolt is right, the UP of Michigan is pretty much like Canada in fact we should give the UP as a Christmas gift to you guys!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Your neighbour to the South gets about 250"-300" every winter.

Snowing like a sumbitch right now. We got 22" yesterday just a few miles East of here. Not quite that much here, but it looks like tonight we'll make up for that.-
We got 48" of snow the first two weeks of this past April.
Whoa! Whistler, BC, holds a record of 877cm of snowfall (that's 345") and we're talking about huge mountains of snow. You're getting 250-300" every winter? I don't envy you at all...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 AM
snikt21

another canuck

You can't even compare RWD to AWD in real snow shumby. "ok in winter" is just not good enough. I live in Ottawa and travel regularily to Montreal. For me, AWD is a no-brainer and is why you see so mnay Xs in these parts.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 AM
InfiFan

Sorry, if it seems I am playing the devil's advocate here, but many members expressed the opinion that the G*x is more biased towards the RWD; so, an RWD with snow-tires is the way to go! This was what I was planning to move forward with. Please advise if the above statement is dispute-able. Thanks, in advance.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Speeder

Originally Posted by InfiFan
Sorry, if it seems I am playing the devil's advocate here, but many members expressed the opinion that the G*x is more biased towards the RWD; so, an RWD with snow-tires is the way to go! This was what I was planning to move forward with. Please advise if the above statement is dispute-able. Thanks, in advance.

Aren't you in Texas? What do you need AWD for?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
wireboltman

Originally Posted by InfiFan
The ATTESA AWD system is infinitely sensitive to slippage.
Front to back, side to side, corner to corner.
Any slippage at all transfers power to any or all other wheels that have traction.
Instaneously, and I mean instantaneously-
It's the best AWD system I've ever used.
It even senses if one wheel lifts just a bit and transfers power accordingly and once again, instaneously.
My 2003 FX35 (G35X the same) starts out at a 50/50 split front to rear.
At 6-8 mph, sensing no slippage it sends all the power to the back wheels, hence the "rear wheel drive bias" and what makes these such unique vehicles.

The AWD switch on the 2003 FX35 and G35X allows you to lock the differential in a 50/50 split up to 19 mph.
At 19 mph, it will revert to RWD until slippage is sensed.
With my Blizzaks, I've pushed through snow up to the Infiniti logo on the grill.

I use KDW's in the summer.
Excellent tire for racing, autocross, and general overall dry and wet performance.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 AM
JunkStory

Originally Posted by zman1910
I disagree. Having had both RWD and AWD at some point in my life....I would easily take the AWD with M+S tires over RWD with snow tires. RWD is just plain scary in adverse conditions regardless of tire setup. Winter snow tires do make a big difference but not enough to offset the advantages of AWD.
+1

I have a both RWD and FWD cars with snow tires.

My girlfriend has an AWD with all-season tires.

The AWD with all-season trumps all. Period. RWD + snow tires don't do jack when you're trying to go up any sort of hill. If you travel on flat road 99% of the time, then it's fine. But I live up on a hill, so AWD is the only way to go.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:19 PM
wireboltman

Originally Posted by psyh
Whoa! Whistler, BC, holds a record of 877cm of snowfall (that's 345") and we're talking about huge mountains of snow. You're getting 250-300" every winter? I don't envy you at all...
320" is our record snowfall 8-10 ys ago.-
Old 11-20-2008, 02:17 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Montreal broke the snowfall record last winter, the record before was set in 1971.

I forgot how much fell though, google it if interested
Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 PM
w0ady

or as the russian pronounce it ZEMA
did someone call for zima?

Old 11-21-2008, 04:05 AM
DetroitG37Joe

The ATTESA AWD system is infinitely sensitive to slippage.
Front to back, side to side, corner to corner.
Any slippage at all transfers power to any or all other wheels that have traction.
Instaneously, and I mean instantaneously-
It's the best AWD system I've ever used.
It even senses if one wheel lifts just a bit and transfers power accordingly and once again, instaneously.
My 2003 FX35 (G35X the same) starts out at a 50/50 split front to rear.
At 6-8 mph, sensing no slippage it sends all the power to the back wheels, hence the "rear wheel drive bias" and what makes these such unique vehicles.

The AWD switch on the 2003 FX35 and G35X allows you to lock the differential in a 50/50 split up to 19 mph.
At 19 mph, it will revert to RWD until slippage is sensed.
With my Blizzaks, I've pushed through snow up to the Infiniti logo on the grill.

I use KDW's in the summer.
Excellent tire for racing, autocross, and general overall dry and wet performance.

Wirebolt you have this way of talking that's just so authoritative, so final, and so knowledgable. You could sell water to a fish bro! I like that. I think you were even one of my motivating factors to vote for Obama actually.

Quick Reply: G37 RWD vs AWD