G37 Sedan

'09 vpp

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:34 AM
B767drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andromeda
You guys forgot to say if there was any marketing advertisment in calculating the VPP price? Or anything else to artificially bump up the price..

Thanks,
A
The VPP price was extremely close to what I calculated using '08 invoice prices from Edmunds, and adjusting for the '09 base increase. Also, I had no invoice info to go with for the new glass breakage sensor option. Nothing else was included in the VPP price (i.e., marketing advertisement, etc...)

I'd suggest you configure the car with the options you want on Edmunds, then do the discount calculations applicable to your VPP category (A-D). Armed with that info I think you'll find the VPP price you will be quoted will match your expectation and you'll be reassured at purchase.

If you don't like the quote you receive, ask for clarification. Sales are very weak now and for the foreseeable future. I think you'll find dealers highly motivated to make a sale where a year or so ago they'd let you walk. Supply and demand favors the buyer right now.

Glad to help and best wishes on your new G!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by B767drvr
The VPP price was extremely close to what I calculated using '08 invoice prices from Edmunds, and adjusting for the '09 base increase. Also, I had no invoice info to go with for the new glass breakage sensor option. Nothing else was included in the VPP price (i.e., marketing advertisement, etc...)

I'd suggest you configure the car with the options you want on Edmunds, then do the discount calculations applicable to your VPP category (A-D). Armed with that info I think you'll find the VPP price you will be quoted will match your expectation and you'll be reassured at purchase.

If you don't like the quote you receive, ask for clarification. Sales are very weak now and for the foreseeable future. I think you'll find dealers highly motivated to make a sale where a year or so ago they'd let you walk. Supply and demand favors the buyer right now.

Glad to help and best wishes on your new G!
Thanks. I have plan D and have everything ready, but now would really like to shoot for invoice...How much was the new glass breakage sensor option btw? Not sure but would also like to get a motion sensor if they have..If not go Viper maybe..

Here is my calculation, please take a look when you can:

Official:
1. Dealer invoice
2. Minus VPP discount (Infiniti 1.65%)
3. Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
4. Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
5. Plus destination and handling charge
6. Minus applicable incentives
7. Equals participant's purchase price

Mine (Assuming no dealer added options, whatever that is, thinking not to go with exteneded warranty):
2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe AWD w/ prem, nav
1. $40249
2. $39585
3. $0
4. $40575
5. $41390

Sounds right?

Thanks again.
A

Last edited by andromeda; 11-09-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
B767drvr

Thanks. I have plan D and have everything ready, but now would really like to shoot for invoice...How much was the new glass breakage sensor option btw? Not sure but would also like to get a motion sensor if they have..If not go Viper maybe..

Here is my calculation, please take a look when you can:

Official:
1. Dealer invoice
2. Minus VPP discount (Infiniti 1.65%)
3. Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
4. Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
5. Plus destination and handling charge
6. Minus applicable incentives
7. Equals participant's purchase price

Mine (Assuming no dealer added options, whatever that is, thinking not to go with exteneded warranty):
2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe AWD w/ prem, nav
1. $40249
2. $39585
3. $0
4. $40575
5. $41390

Sounds right?

Thanks again.
A
Your numbers are correct... HOWEVER... I DID NOT pay the $815 dest charge. I know the VPP site says otherwise, but your final number will #4... plus tax,title, reg, etc... as applicable for your area. Others can chime in if they too did NOT pay the dest fee.

The "alarm impact sensor" is $130 (MSRP).
Old 11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
andromeda

Your numbers are correct... HOWEVER... I DID NOT pay the $815 dest charge. I know the VPP site says otherwise, but your final number will #4... plus tax,title, reg, etc... as applicable for your area. Others can chime in if they too did NOT pay the dest fee.

The "alarm impact sensor" is $130 (MSRP).
How come you didn't pay Dest fee???
Please elaborate.

A
Old 11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
B767drvr

How come you didn't pay Dest fee???
Please elaborate.

A
Don't know. But, I do recall reading that others did not pay it either. Might be a good question for a new thread? I'm sure someone more up on VPP has the answer. Since the discrepancy was in my favor I didn't bother pursuing it.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
andromeda

Don't know. But, I do recall reading that others did not pay it either. Might be a good question for a new thread? I'm sure someone more up on VPP has the answer. Since the discrepancy was in my favor I didn't bother pursuing it.

Thanks. That is weird. Hopefully I will get lucky with that as well.
Just started a new tread under G37 Coupe.

You said you watched the computer as the salesman punched your data in (for plan D). I take as you did not see any destination fee in there?

Thanks a bunch Man! God bless you.

-A
Old 11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
B767drvr

You said you watched the computer as the salesman punched your data in (for plan D). I take as you did not see any destination fee in there?

Thanks a bunch Man! God bless you.

-A
I understand your confusion with the dest charge not being included in the VPP price despite the website including it. When I crunched the invoice numbers and arrived at an anticipated VPP price I initially included the dest charge. However, after reviewing several other VPP calculations (either on this site, other G sites, or Edmunds forum site, don't specifically recall) I noticed they didn't pay the dest fee. So, I dropped it from my anticipated price concluding that it must no longer be included. When the dealer gave me the VPP quote (someone else said they watched the actual screen) it was what I anticipated paying (minus the dest charge.)

I don't know what more to say. If you are still not comfortable I'd suggest calling the VPP help number on the site or email a dealer or two. Hey, I'm all for paying less!

Best wishes...
Old 11-10-2008, 03:57 PM
andromeda

I understand your confusion with the dest charge not being included in the VPP price despite the website including it. When I crunched the invoice numbers and arrived at an anticipated VPP price I initially included the dest charge. However, after reviewing several other VPP calculations (either on this site, other G sites, or Edmunds forum site, don't specifically recall) I noticed they didn't pay the dest fee. So, I dropped it from my anticipated price concluding that it must no longer be included. When the dealer gave me the VPP quote (someone else said they watched the actual screen) it was what I anticipated paying (minus the dest charge.)

I don't know what more to say. If you are still not comfortable I'd suggest calling the VPP help number on the site or email a dealer or two. Hey, I'm all for paying less!

Best wishes...
Me too Man, don't get me wrong...
You have been extremely helpful here!

Best Regards,
-A