Old 01-15-2009, 09:04 PM
elite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good!

Even Better!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:20 PM
AAMC

My Falkens arrived, now just need the wheels...

^^^Ha. Mini dudes FTW. Got a decent deal from onlinetires.com. 245/35R20 up front, 285/30R20 in the rear:

BTW, you know it's love when your wife holds tires for you in 40 degree weather while you take pics...
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 PM
LAG37

nice wheels!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice pics with your tires, now get your rims from iforged asap
Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
AAMC

Received the wheels, the new three piece wheel on the rear yielded 1" of extra lip over the two piece wheel. Unfortunately, the fronts bolt up onto the hub, but the spokes scrape the caliper. Working with IForged to correct the issue. I don't think it's meant to be.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
InfiFan

AAMC, forgiving my ignorance, please help me understand how best to pick performance tire replacements? I see you picked Falken. There are others like Toyo and Yokohama, etc.

Is this more of a personal preference or is a certain make superior in quality? Thanks, in advance.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
DanMardik

Cant wait to see the final product with the wheels installed.. keep up the good work.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
AAMC

So close, no cigar...

I'm really bummed about this with the front spokes. Out back, tolerances are very close, with maybe 2-3 mm of clearance.

With regards to the tires, I was looking at Toyo, Yokohama, Falken. I've had good experiences with Toyo and Yoko in the past, and just figured that I'd try something new. I don't track or anything, I've just seen that the Falkens have received favorable reviews. Plus I got free shipping on the Falkens.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:47 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How much interference is there between the caliper and the wheel face? If it's only a couple mm, a spacer might do it.

I wanted the 452s, but they weren't availble in that size back then.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
gan78mao

how big of a lip on the front to not clear the brakes?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
AAMC

I was thinking about using a spacer and being done with it. I just need 5mm of clearance. However, since the wheels are custom made, I wanted it to be just right without the use of a spacer.

IForged has been nothing but outstanding in dealing with this issue. For some reason there are slight differences between the BBK on the sedan and the coupe, and that is why I'm running into problems.

The current front wheels that don't fit have about a 2" lip. I've been told by Peter at IForged that the new wheel face will be more flat at the expense of lip, but I don't care. The wheels are awesome.

Terry, just wondering if you have had any problems with rubbing with the 285's in the rear. I'm thinking not, since I haven't seen a post of you reporting it.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:30 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by AAMC
I was thinking about using a spacer and being done with it. I just need 5mm of clearance. However, since the wheels are custom made, I wanted it to be just right without the use of a spacer.

IForged has been nothing but outstanding in dealing with this issue. For some reason there are slight differences between the BBK on the sedan and the coupe, and that is why I'm running into problems.

The current front wheels that don't fit have about a 2" lip. I've been told by Peter at IForged that the new wheel face will be more flat at the expense of lip, but I don't care. The wheels are awesome.

Terry, just wondering if you have had any problems with rubbing with the 285's in the rear. I'm thinking not, since I haven't seen a post of you reporting it.
No problems ever even with a fully loaded car, but I have 10" wide wheels in back. If the offsets are right, there should be no problems.

Offset and wheel backspacing are different. Offsets are measured the same way from one company to another. Backspacing is unique to the wheel design. Stoptech provides a template for their BBK. When I had my DPE's made, I sent them the Stoptech templates to verify clearance. For what ever reason, I-Forged did not provide you with a face that is compatible with BBK. I know they make them, but one may not be available in the style you are looking at.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:25 PM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by AAMC

I totally agree with you the sedans are slightly different for some reasons i guess the way the calipers sit and the rotors. they compared mine with yours and mine still has some clearance. Im glad to hear that they are outstanding in dealing with the issue.
I have also attached a pic of how big of a clearance mine have and I have about 2.5 inch lip in the front.

Hope you get your wheels soon and have them on!! cant see those NEOs on ur ride!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
AAMC

Terry, thanks for the info.

gan78mao,thanks for posting the pics. I'm safely in the winter season now, so the jonesing for these wheels hasn't been that bad. But come spring, I can't wait to get these things on. I'm sending the wheels back tomorrow, and I should have a new pair of fronts in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Dr. SS

anton whats up homey! its asim. have been lurking for a week or so, finally signed up! cant wait to see your car done!

Quick Reply: G37 is 85% modded up...