Sponsored By:

To wait, or NOT to wait: 2007 G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Switch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Im pretty sure all you non-noobs know that the 2007 g35 coupe will be a new model unlike the previous 3 years of the G35 (obviously all, or atleast most companies make new models every 3 years). Now my question is, should i wait for the 2007 model or just take the 2006 model? Im getting my car on september, right before the 2007 arrive.

Ive seen all the Concept photos but as we all know concept photos usually exsagerate a little bit too much. But atleast heres the good news, the manufatured version (meaning the real thing) will debut in April in some sort of convention at New York.

Id like to hear some comments and suggestions!
Thanx
We will probably not see the concept (or any version of it) this year. I think the concensous is that the revision will not show til 2007 as an 08' model. That said, I believe you are 100% wrong. When the major revision occurs expect to see 'most' of the concept show up. I'd say 90%. First of all, you should expect the over-all shape of the concept to be intact. But 20" wheels, all-glass roof, and camera mirrors will not be present. And, Infiniti has already made public announcements saying the interior will be the focus of 'major or radical' change. So just remember this, when the car shows up, it's going to look 'extremly' similar to the concept, and a big enough change from our current cars.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:50 AM
picus112

I believe the designer(s) of the coupe concept mentioned in an interview that the concept will remain at least "mostly" intact when it reaches production. That leads me to agree with Switch. Lose the mirrors, repace the 20's with 19's, tone down the interior a little and it's ready for the line.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:15 PM
JGFox

I never realized how much evolution really plays a role in the new G interior.. check out the pics below:

2005 Coupe:

2008 (?) Coupe:

On second look you can see how much more functional the '05 interior is versus the concept's. The door pockets, cup holders and window switches etc. are in different spots. I wonder how much they plan to take from the coupe concept interior...

Last edited by JGFox; 03-26-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
skaterbasist

Only about 17 more days and im pretty sure much of our specutations (about the future coupe) and romurs will be put aside; and hopefully some of our interesting rumours will also come true. Though its mainly gonna display the new sedan line-up, its obvious that we will know MUCH more about the future coupe.

Cant wait!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:19 AM
jacksonjw81

This has convinced me not to buy a new car and wait it out.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:58 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as we all want to drive a new car over the summer ... this year, it's all about patience...

Plus in Canada, they are going to reduce the federal tax by 1% ... so if you're talking about a C$50k car ... that's $500 just by waiting (and not even negotiating with the dealership YET!)

C'mon NY Autoshow / Infiniti ... surprise us with DUAL world premieres (ie G37 sedan + G37 coupe) ...
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 AM
SDG

Originally Posted by jiggalam
If you're in no hurry then just wait. When the new comes out the older ones will be cheaper anyways. Check out the new ones then make your choice.
+1

The concept steering wheel
Old 03-29-2006, 09:26 AM
jdm_inspire

Originally Posted by SDG
The concept steering wheel
It's flattened at the bottom so the driver can get in & out easier. You'll see that in racing cars. I like it ... gives it a 'sportier' touch.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
BrooklynG

Is it safe to assume that the dash of the new sedan should probably what the dash of the new coupe will be like?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:11 PM
jdm_inspire

If we use the 1st gen G coupe/sedan as an example, it would probably be safe to say the 2nd gen coupe/sedan would have similar interior layout and materials. And it has been said from Nissan/Infiniti that the next gen G will use similar materials found in the current M-series.

The 'upgrade' in materials will definitely bring new customers into the Infiniti fold ...
Old 03-29-2006, 03:33 PM
inTgr8r
Proud member of the COFC

Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
As much as we all want to drive a new car over the summer ... this year, it's all about patience...
C'mon NY Autoshow / Infiniti ... surprise us with DUAL world premieres (ie G37 sedan + G37 coupe) ...
JMHO..but I think it'll just be the new sedan with the coupe concept along side @NY.

Sedan at the dealers this fall.

New coupe intro @ a winter show (like Detroit)
& spring '07 release to the stealers as an '08
Old 03-30-2006, 10:20 AM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
DETROIT — Infiniti will show off a "major redesign" of the 2007 G35 sedan at the New York auto show and a concept coupe at January's Detroit auto show, Inside Line has learned.

Maybe I'm blind but I think that says it all. Even if this information is not credible there has been no evidence that the coupe will be introduced in its final form at New York. So I'm sitting here scratching my nuts wondering why some of you think it will.

The norm has always been to introduce the sedan, generate a buzz and then follow up with a coupe. Almost all car companies do this. Why should it be any different now? So I think anyone thinking about waiting to buy or not will have to base your decision on how the Sedan comes out.

Look at this way, 95% of the time a coupe looks better than its sedan counterpart, so if the G35 sedan at New York looks decent you will not be dissapointed by the coupe.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
knihc2008

the thing is, i heard the coupe will look pretty much identical to the coupe concept. so maybe its if you think the coupe looks good, you will not be disappointed by the actual sedan. the G35 has some pretty heavy competition from other makes now and for it not to look as good as the coupe would be a pretty bad thing.

i hate that term "major redesign," as opposed to "second generation." this still gives life to that rumor that the car will be totally redesigned for 2009, making this two-year revamp a pretty bad thing.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:03 PM
inTgr8r
Proud member of the COFC

Originally Posted by gt_performah
DETROIT — Infiniti will show off a "major redesign" of the 2007 G35 sedan at the New York auto show and a concept coupe at January's Detroit auto show, Inside Line has learned.

Maybe I'm blind but I think that says it all. Even if this information is not credible there has been no evidence that the coupe will be introduced in its final form at New York. So I'm sitting here scratching my nuts wondering why some of you think it will.

The norm has always been to introduce the sedan, generate a buzz and then follow up with a coupe. Almost all car companies do this. Why should it be any different now? So I think anyone thinking about waiting to buy or not will have to base your decision on how the Sedan comes out.

Look at this way, 95% of the time a coupe looks better than its sedan counterpart, so if the G35 sedan at New York looks decent you will not be dissapointed by the coupe.
^^WHS^^...2 intros at the same time, no way.
That would be nucking futs
Old 03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
KccBaby

Interior; it might not come out the same...
Exterior; shape didn't changed much like the '08G Sedan...'08G Sedan gonna look really close to "OUR" G...
'08Gc; it's gonna on the ground around '07 summer...

That's what the sales told me who work in Infiniti...

Kcc

Quick Reply: To wait, or NOT to wait: 2007 G35 Coupe