G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Is it a good idea to take the G37 down to school?
Yes!
100.00%
Nah.
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Should I take my car down to college?

Search this Thread

Old Today | 12:59 PM
Dunny Money

Should I take my car down to college?

Hey guys, I got a 2013 G37x coupe with about 172k miles, I know it's a lot but the maintenance has always been super timely, it hasn't had any problems. I'm wondering, I'm a freshman at University of Tennessee this year and didn't bring it down, next year I'll be off campus and I've been trying to debate if it's worth putting the miles on it by taking it down here. Right now the car is up by Chicago where I'm from, it's almost a 600 mile drive. Do you guys think that's too much stress to put on the car? Thanks!
Old Today | 02:57 PM
digital.aaron
Registered Member

How do you get around as a freshman? While living off-campus, you will probably need to drive more. I did when I moved off-campus.
Personally, I would definitely consider it. 600 miles isn't that much, really. Unless you're going home every weekend...

What you'll want to worry about most are actually the short trips around town. This will put more wear and tear on your car than the occasional road trip. Oil and fuel build up occur faster with frequent short trips. Still, it's nothing to be scared of if you're performing regular maintenance according to the factory service manual.

And finally, the most important part, It'll make date night a lot more fun with your G.
Old Today | 03:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

A sophomore living off-campus? You're going to need a car. And even if you don't need one, you're going to want it.

Also, a G37 Coupe is a pretty cool car for a teenager to be driving. Bring your car, live large.