Sponsored By:

Battery problems

Search this Thread

Old Today, 04:07 PM
HelpPlz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery problems

I drive a 2011 2 door g37 coupe.
I need any and all suggestions. Yesterday, early in the morning my car alarm was going off. I did not hear it. My roommate eventually woke me up and told me it was going off. He said it had been going off for about 45 minutes. So I get out of bed, turn it off, get back in bed. About 2 and a half hours later I get out of bed and go to my car. I attempt to unlock it with key fob, nothing. I unlock it and get in, no lights on, no beeps, nothing. No power. I assume battery is dead. I try jumpstarting with 3 different of my roommates' cars. None work. I take battery out and bring it to autozone, they tell me it is 75% charged and should be working fine. We come back, put battery back in, reconnect it, no power to anything but a little beep goes off in what sounds like the backseat of my car. The only thing getting power. I leave it overnight and come back out today. Same thing. 0 power to anything, however now my brake lights activate when I click brake and the seats can move now. All fuses and relays look to be fine. Battery terminal seems to be fine. I am starting to think that it may be some kind of security issue thing, but all other threads mention lights on dash or on the push to start, whereas I have 0. PLEASE HELP ME I AM BECOMING SO FRUSTRATED.

Old Today, 05:31 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Welcome, but you don't mention how old your battery is. Despite being told it's "75% charged", if it's more than 3-4 years old, it's likely the battery is defective. The other thing is to check the battery and starter connections for corrosion or other damage. You may need to clean the connections and use dielectric grease to connect the grounds to the chassis.
Old Today, 07:58 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
You also don't mention if it was the OEM "alarm" that went off or if you have a aftermarket alarm system installed.

Sounds like a power issue to me. If IVIS had been triggered the red key icon would stay lit.

Can you tell if the red key icon/ light is flashing?