Sponsored By:

Help! Motor swap problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 12:36 PM
Trevenk
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Motor swap problems

Okay so me and a buddy pulled the motor out of my 2012 g37 s coupe and swapped it because it started knocking. New timing chain kit,oil pump because the new one was broken at the pick up tube from being dropped,z1 gaskets for everything behind the timing cover,front and rear main seals,water pump and spark plugs. After putting it back in it's throwing codes for both cam shafts sensors and the crank shaft and lost connection with the TCM. We didn't touch the cam shafts because everything was still tight and right we just changed the timing chain and guides because we had it open already. Crankshaft sensor came off my old motor which never had an issue with that code. I've only let it run a couple minutes before I saw the codes and shut it off. It starts immediately and runs beautifully. I know the terminals are loose and wore out so I have to replace those,the battery was dead and hooked up to jumper cables when I started it,could the loose connection be causing the codes or do I need to run it a bit longer and let it read everything more? I sprayed the whole cover down with brake clean so I know the sensors got soaked in that but I didn't figure that could be a problem considering it's soaked in oil usually. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-05-2024, 06:02 PM
SkysG37
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Low voltage or bad grounds can throw all kinds of codes.
Get a good battery in there, FIX YOUR CONNECTIONS, clear the codes and hope you didn't **** things up with that jump start.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:20 PM
Trevenk
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkysG37
Low voltage or bad grounds can throw all kinds of codes.
Get a good battery in there, FIX YOUR CONNECTIONS, clear the codes and hope you didn't **** things up with that jump start.
I fixed them and everything but the lost connection with the TCM went away, cars still running good just isnt registering prnd on the dash at all. I was able to drive it on my property from my shop I was working on it in back over to in front of my house it just doesn't respond when you hit the pedal. Just bogs down