Fitment Noob

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 02:46 AM
NansGarden
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fitment Noob

Hello!

I've got a 2008 Nissan Skyline 370GT Type SP coupe V36 and was wondering if anyone had any solves for fitment related issues with their front brakes and suggestions for rim specs for overall poke and fitment on both front and rear wheels. At the moment I've been attempting to research for some dished rims that will clear the front brakes as they're quite large but haven't had an enormous amount of luck. I would preferably not like to run spacers and mainly have the fitment relating to the rim depth and offset.

My question is:
A) Are there any rims that people are aware of that are dished and also clear the larger brakes on these cars and
B) what specs would be best suited for a flush fitment

Side note I'm also running Coilovers

I would preferably like to have similar fitment to the one shown in this photo, but run some deeper dished rims alternatively to the ones captured.

Sorry if I'm using terms incorrectly as I'm fairly new to the fitment and rim game so any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-02-2024, 08:10 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 273 Likes on 224 Posts
Generally for deep disk wheels or wheels with big lips, they are generally multi-piece wheels, at least the higher end brands. When considering those wheels, you have to consider the disk or face profile of the model.

Work wheels use single letter designation, SSR wheel use a double letter designation, Volk wheels use a number designation

Multi-piece wheels can either be bought with different faces based on the buyer's preference or with some companies, the face profiles are set based on the wheel spec.

It'll be easier to help if you give a specific wheel model and spec and we can tell you if it will clear or not.

For spec, I would say a nice 9.5" +22 would give you the same look as the picture you are referencing. it has some poke without camber but with a little camber can be flush, otherwise going with a higher offset like a 9.5" +30ish will be flush with no camber.

The following users liked this post:
Rochester (07-02-2024)