Sponsored By:

2009 Keeps Misfiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 11:07 PM
thproblem
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Keeps Misfiring

I keep having this issue where my engine keeps blowing coil packs and misfiring. It'll start off really slowly and gradually gets worse until the whole car shakes. I need help finding the source of the issue, I have gone to many mechanics already and they just keep changing coil packs as if its normal instead of getting to the root of the issue. Any one here have any ideas on what it could be. If I cant sort this out I will have to be getting rid of the problem and I really don't want to do that cause I love the car so much!!

2009 INFINITI G37s RWD Auto Coupe | R2C Cold Air Intake | Stock Wheels | Resonated Test Pipes | Muffler Delete

Last edited by thproblem; 01-22-2023 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:28 PM
alx.g37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did this start after you installed your test pipes by any chance? I had a similar situation and spent about three months trying to diagnose it and fix it by changing spark plugs, coils, etc. Turns out the car was just running lean from the test pipes and just needed a tune, could be the same issue with you. Assuming you're already tuned, I would check for any exhaust / intake leaks, assuming you've already done all of the common fixes. The Z1 test pipe to header gaskets can leak quite a bit, if you have those. I just used some red RTV and coated the gaskets on both sides and my leak went away.

Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
thproblem (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 11:44 AM
thproblem
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alx.g37
Did this start after you installed your test pipes by any chance? I had a similar situation and spent about three months trying to diagnose it and fix it by changing spark plugs, coils, etc. Turns out the car was just running lean from the test pipes and just needed a tune, could be the same issue with you. Assuming you're already tuned, I would check for any exhaust / intake leaks, assuming you've already done all of the common fixes. The Z1 test pipe to header gaskets can leak quite a bit, if you have those. I just used some red RTV and coated the gaskets on both sides and my leak went away.

Best of luck!
No its been an ongoing issue ever since i got the car. I am planning on tuning it to see if it helps. Thank you for your advice. Would an UpRev tune from Z1 or NisPerformance do the trick you think?