Sponsored By:

G37 engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 03:29 PM
EkennaM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 engine swap

Hey everyone,
I need help. I bought my 08 G37s 6MT about a month ago and the engine seized up on me. After looking into it it looks like the previous owner put windshield wiper fluid into the coolant reservoir unknowingly and blew the head gasket. To not take any other chanced I decided to get a new engine and build the one currently in the car. I found an engine out of a 2012 g37 sedan AWD and I want to know exactly what I need to swap over and replace to make the swap go smoothly or if there is anything I need to know before performing the swap. Anything helps as I do t have much info on this.

Thanks,

Ekenna M
Old 10-06-2022, 11:21 AM
AJLombardo
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EkennaM
Hey everyone,
I need help. I bought my 08 G37s 6MT about a month ago and the engine seized up on me. After looking into it it looks like the previous owner put windshield wiper fluid into the coolant reservoir unknowingly and blew the head gasket. To not take any other chanced I decided to get a new engine and build the one currently in the car. I found an engine out of a 2012 g37 sedan AWD and I want to know exactly what I need to swap over and replace to make the swap go smoothly or if there is anything I need to know before performing the swap. Anything helps as I do t have much info on this.

Thanks,

Ekenna M
Hey bud,

So everything should pretty much be the same. Swap over the transmission obviously. All the sensors should be the same. Take your time and you should be fine.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:46 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by EkennaM
Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Ekenna M
You'll need to swap the upper/lower oil pan and pick up from the RWD to the AWD engine. The AWD engine has a different upper oil pan that allows for a drive shaft to pass through. Swap over your 08 wiring along with 08 AF/02 sensors. and she will be fine.

A safe practice is to take a Sharpie to the back of all electrical connectors and draw their switch or sensor name. This will come in handy when installing the wiring for the coils and VTC which many folks have mixed up and can lead to CEL lights until it's resolved.