Sponsored By:

Confounding emergency 2011 g37xs coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Shootdang
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow Confounding emergency 2011 g37xs coupe

Broke the driver side door handle this winter and just got around to trying to swap the old handle for the new as of yesterday (the weather …).
everything was going swimmingly until … the %$&/#@&dang rivets (i think) went and sent the stress levels up a few notches. Cant undo them, thus, does anyone have any ideas or does anyone know how to undo them. Trying really hard to avoid going to the dealership.

Rivet thingamabob

Backside of rivet thingamabob connecting to i forget

Old 05-02-2022, 09:42 PM
beefychicken
Premier Member

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Try the FSM. Section DLK page 243 - 245 and Section GW pages 18 -22.

The FSM is available here Infiniti Service Manuals - NICOclub
Old 05-03-2022, 09:43 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 1,065 Posts
A little late I'm sure, but...

That "rivet" (should be four (4) of them) is what mounts the window regulator assembly to the metal door panel and doesn't need to be removed. Drilling those rivets out will likely ruin the regulator assembly.

Once you remove the glass from the regulator, just unbolt the metal panel and it should come right off. From there you can access the hardware for the exterior door handle.

As beefychicken suggested, section DLK will have more info on the handle. Also, section GW (Glass & Window) will have detailed information on removing the glass / regulator/ window panel from the door.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 05-03-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:40 PM
Shootdang
Registered Member

Ok finally got it done-ish. The two rivets cannot be undone otherwise one will have to purchase the interior panel with the window lift mechanism which come as one. Long story short there are two nuts (10mm) at the top of the door frame, just above the rivets. Unscrew them and the two big nuts (12mm) at the bottom of the interior door panel, along with all the other screws holding said panel to the door frame to get to locking assembly … . In short it was a fight almost every step of the way. Anyhoo all i have to figure out now is how to reassemble the sideview mirror ****/joystick/controller thingy coz it came apart; of course.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:45 PM
Shootdang
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
A little late I'm sure, but...

That "rivet" (should be four (4) of them) is what mounts the window regulator assembly to the metal door panel and doesn't need to be removed. Drilling those rivets out will likely ruin the regulator assembly.

Once you remove the glass from the regulator, just unbolt the metal panel and it should come right off. From there you can access the hardware for the exterior door handle.

As beefychicken suggested, section DLK will have more info on the handle. Also, section GW (Glass & Window) will have detailed information on removing the glass / regulator/ window panel from the door.
Only two rivets at the top plus two 12mm nuts at the bottom. The secret is to unscrew the two 10mm nuts just above the rivets along with the aforementioned 12mm nuts at the bottom the interior panel. Thx for the comeback really appreciate the input!
Old 05-16-2022, 07:18 AM
Shootdang
Registered Member

Originally Posted by beefychicken
Try the FSM. Section DLK page 243 - 245 and Section GW pages 18 -22.

The FSM is available here Infiniti Service Manuals - NICOclub
Before i forget, thx for the help BeefyChicken!