Sponsored By:

Help with camber arms/plates for Tein Flex Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Tubahuh
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with camber arms/plates for Tein Flex Z

Hey guys, I need some help with choosing camber arms or camber plates for my Tein Flex Z coil overs. I recently lowered it, and I’m getting too much negative camber for the drop I want. I was wondering if anyone here has lowered on the same coil overs, and what they used for their camber adjustments. Thanks y’all
Old 03-17-2021, 03:19 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
Have you done an alignment after installing the coilovers and can you post your specs?

You most likely just need greater rear end alignment capabilities assuming you’re running a reasonable ride height.

You can pick whatever rear camber arms you like Z1, GKtech, SPC, Voodoo, Kinetix, etc.

Eccentric camber bolt lock out kit from Z1, GKtech, SPL, etc.

And SPC toe bolts, likely have a shop install them unless you have the tools to radius the factory toe bolt holes yourself.

That should get your rear end aligned nicely.
If you need front camber arms to return to factory spec then you’ll need to do your research as to how much correction you need and which arms fit your budget.

And remember toe kills tires long before camber ever will.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:42 PM
Tubahuh
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2.2Lude
Have you done an alignment after installing the coilovers and can you post your specs?

You most likely just need greater rear end alignment capabilities assuming you’re running a reasonable ride height.

You can pick whatever rear camber arms you like Z1, GKtech, SPC, Voodoo, Kinetix, etc.

Eccentric camber bolt lock out kit from Z1, GKtech, SPL, etc.

And SPC toe bolts, likely have a shop install them unless you have the tools to radius the factory toe bolt holes yourself.

That should get your rear end aligned nicely.
If you need front camber arms to return to factory spec then you’ll need to do your research as to how much correction you need and which arms fit your budget.

And remember toe kills tires long before camber ever will.
Yeah I went for an adjustment, I don’t remember the exact specs, I’d have to find the sheet. I remember the front camber was about -1.5°, the rear negative camber was about -2.2 to -2.5°, and the toe all the way around was good. so the fronts are fine.
I’m getting new tires and wheels soon, and I was noticing on the old ones, the inside of the tires were wearing pretty significantly compared to the outside, so I figured I’d get something to adjust the camber.
I’ve heard the Z1 kits are good, I was just wondering if anyone has personally done swim thing similar if they’d be compatible with the coils I’m on now.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:51 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
In your case ride height will have a greater impact on what alignment components you need vs a particular coilover.

If your toe was in spec all around with -1.5 front and -2.5 rear you should honestly be good as far as tire wear goes. You could get the rear components I mentioned in my last post to bring the rear camber back to - 1-1.5 range.

Cross rotating tires if you have a square set up will also help tremendously or side to side rotation if you’re still staggered and your tires allow for it.
The following users liked this post:
Tubahuh (03-17-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 06:33 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 219 Likes on 195 Posts
I'd go with SPL. I've seen others fail but never issues with SPL (knock on wood). I am running their FUCA, rear camber arms, and sway bar end links, as well as the SPC toe bolt.