Sponsored By:

Lets talk seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 04:08 PM
AJLombardo
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lets talk seats

My G37 seats are tired and im looking for a race inspired set of sets with reclining ability and the ability to be equipped with 5 point harnesses.

I'd like it to try to match the interior as best as possible (black leather) 09 g37s coupe

Anyone thats done seats - post them up and a little info about them if you would?

Thanks for being so hospitable and dealing with my n00bness by the way.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:02 PM
613G
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Recently replaced the driver's seat in my own '09 coupe. I did it for the extra headroom so the fixed back made more sense to me.
I'd say the 3 keys things i learned are:
1. Make sure your seat, rails and bracket are all compatible. My bracket and rails were from Corbeau and my seat was from NRG. I had to modify the bracket to actually bolt up to the seat properly and it was a PITA. This can be difficult with products from different manufacturers and I was annoyed because the NRG rep i emailed assured me the seat would bolt directly to Corbeau seat rails. Try to reach out to the manufacturers to make sure.
2. Make sure your seat fits. This one seems like a no brainer, but you would be surprised how little space there is. My seat has a 23" shoulder width and it initially interfered with the door. I had to mount it as far inward as possible to clear. Avoiding anything wider than 21" is advised. Check seat size charts before you buy.
3. Youre going to need to bypass your seat occupancy sensors or learn to deal with an airbag light. I chose the latter, but there appear to be 2 ways to deal with the former. The first way is jumping the lead with a resistor. There are conflicting reports about the size of resistor needed, whether it can be plugged directly into the female connector, etc. The easier way is to plug the harness and module from a seat back in. This requires either sacrificing the factory seats or buying a new harness and module. Theyre available occasionally on ebay for ~$200.

Hope this helps! I'll include some pics of my setup.

The following users liked this post:
The Pope (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 09:07 AM
AJLombardo
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the reply and thank you for the tips! I'm looking at your shifter. Is it stock? Mine I think is substantially shorter. Do you have any pics of the shifter specifically in your car?

Everyone is so cool in here, thanks for all your help. I had an 03 G35 Sedan A/T, and im learning alot more with this 09 G37 coupe 6speed!
Old 10-14-2020, 09:53 PM
613G
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
That is a stock shifter assembly. It's sitting in 1st gear which might be why it looks funny. I don't have any other pics right now.