IPL front bumper… What a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 09:21 PM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Broken_2008_G37
How much for your old bumper? lol... im in CA
Actually having someone check it out tomorrow. If they back out I’ll hit you up! And thank you! I think the bumper was a huge game changer. Sides next! Maybe rear bumper too
Old 06-24-2020, 02:08 PM
BxG3?
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
@Jackfriedman I know its been ~6 weeks since you installed, but I haven't install mine yet. Did you get blank fog lamp inserts with the kit. I didnt notice it in my box. Also iirc I red that I needed the sport washer bottle for install to fit? Couldnt remember, and search was daunting to go through (got fed up after 1st pg lol)

Thanks Again!
Old 06-24-2020, 11:36 PM
dxlnt1
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but a generic question. With this bumper are you concerned about the aerodynamics? Especially when most are trying to maximize performance? Wouldnt the more rounded bumper be better? Just curious.

Originally Posted by Jackfriedman
Hey guys, I finally bit the bullet and gave in to the OEM IPL front bumper and all I can say is wow. I have a 2009 G37S coupe and have been rocking the regular stock S bumper which never looked too tasteful IMHO. Not that it’s ugly or anything, just pretty rounded and not so aggressive. As soon as I put the new bumper on it completely changed the car and give it a more modern look. Thank god it was the exact price equivalent to the stimulus check… spent it as soon is it got deposited. I got it from Z1 Motorsports and it came perfectly. They also had free shipping at the time so I lucked out. Next is the IPL sides. Check out the difference! And if you have been debating on getting an IPL bumper… I’d say do it!!

Before…

After… 😍
Old 06-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BxG3?
@Jackfriedman I know its been ~6 weeks since you installed, but I haven't install mine yet. Did you get blank fog lamp inserts with the kit. I didnt notice it in my box. Also iirc I red that I needed the sport washer bottle for install to fit? Couldnt remember, and search was daunting to go through (got fed up after 1st pg lol)

Thanks Again!
My bumper came exactly like this with the fog less inserts. All Of them from Z1 I believe come like this. I did not swap out the washer tank. Just removed my
old one and swapped the new bumper!
The following users liked this post:
BxG3? (04-21-2022)
Old 06-25-2020, 09:00 PM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dxlnt1
Not to hijack the thread but a generic question. With this bumper are you concerned about the aerodynamics? Especially when most are trying to maximize performance? Wouldnt the more rounded bumper be better? Just curious.
It was not one of my concerns, the look of the new bumper outweighs any of that! I don’t feel any difference, but I’m sure I wouldn’t really either. Especially that they made this bumper as the “aero” version and for the sportier and more powerful IPL edition! Just my 2 cents
Old 07-09-2020, 09:07 PM
jayr0am
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I finally bit the bullet and gave in to the OEM IPL front bumper and all I can say is wow. I have a 2009 G37S coupe and have been rocking the regular stock S bumper which never looked too tasteful IMHO. Not that it’s ugly or anything, just pretty rounded and not so aggressive. As soon as I put the new bumper on it completely changed the car and give it a more modern look. Thank god it was the exact price equivalent to the stimulus check… spent it as soon is it got deposited. I got it from Z1 Motorsports and it came perfectly. They also had free shipping at the time so I lucked out. Next is the IPL sides. Check out the difference! And if you have been debating on getting an IPL bumper… I’d say do it!!

Before…

After… 😍
Wow, that looks great! I have the sport bumper, so I've been debating whether to go IPL or add a lip because I love fog lights, but you've got me thinking again. BTW, how do you like those headlights? i've wanted them, but was concerned with reviews saying they weren't as bright as stock. Also, did you modify it to keep the LED bars on as parking lights or as daytime running lights?

Sick ride, btw!
Old 07-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jayr0am
Wow, that looks great! I have the sport bumper, so I've been debating whether to go IPL or add a lip because I love fog lights, but you've got me thinking again. BTW, how do you like those headlights? i've wanted them, but was concerned with reviews saying they weren't as bright as stock. Also, did you modify it to keep the LED bars on as parking lights or as daytime running lights?

Sick ride, btw!
Thank you and much appreciated! I didnt have fog lights so that wasn’t my concern, but I was definitely contemplating buying a lip (few different ones). However I felt that in the long run I’d probably want the IPL Bumper if the chance came up and would regret buying the lip. Thankfully I didn’t get a lip and just got the bumper instead. As for the headlights they are pretty good and bright if you get some good bulbs. My only concern is the beam points a little high and I’ve been unable to adjust for some reason. It is still bright enough to see at night, but for that one reason I had debated getting some fogs or something similar. You may be able to find fog light inserts for the IPL but it’s kind of rare. Best of luck! But forsure the headlight and ipl bumper combo is unbeatable in the looks department.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:54 PM
jayr0am
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you and much appreciated! I didnt have fog lights so that wasn’t my concern, but I was definitely contemplating buying a lip (few different ones). However I felt that in the long run I’d probably want the IPL Bumper if the chance came up and would regret buying the lip. Thankfully I didn’t get a lip and just got the bumper instead. As for the headlights they are pretty good and bright if you get some good bulbs. My only concern is the beam points a little high and I’ve been unable to adjust for some reason. It is still bright enough to see at night, but for that one reason I had debated getting some fogs or something similar. You may be able to find fog light inserts for the IPL but it’s kind of rare. Best of luck! But forsure the headlight and ipl bumper combo is unbeatable in the looks department.
About the LED stripe. Do you have that exclusively as a turn signal? Or is it also hooked up as a parking light or DRL?
Old 07-10-2020, 12:03 AM
Jackfriedman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jayr0am
About the LED stripe. Do you have that exclusively as a turn signal? Or is it also hooked up as a parking light or DRL?
I didn’t make any modifications. But it runs as a DRL when I turn the lights on partial. So not the full low beam. I believe that is the parking/city light replacement. When you have the headlights fully on, the strip is on while the 2 low beam lights. The strip becomes amber when using the turning signal. Feel free to DM me on Instagram and I can send videos. @boolin_g37
Old 03-23-2021, 06:08 PM
RogueAgent0
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did it look weird from the side without the IPL side skirts?

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:51 PM
Idan Zem
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’m on the same boat I got a 2010 G37x coupe

My bumper came exactly like this with the fog less inserts. All Of them from Z1 I believe come like this. I did not swap out the washer tank. Just removed my
old one and swapped the new bumper!
do I need the Washer reservoir or is it just take off my old and put on the new ipl? Easy as swapping the two?