G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Having issues u1024 code. Help if you can?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 05:10 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Having issues u1024 code. Help if you can?

So i have a code...the first one i have ever pulled on this car since buying it 8 months ago.
U1024 is the code. (Btw car is a 2010 g37 s coupe 6mt with 96k kms)

Basically car was fine, ive changed all fluids since buying it except coolant. Being lazy i took it to infiniti 2 days ago and just paid them to do it + there was an ecm update so they did that. My car has been running like **** since. Feels like missing alot of power and more so than the usual below 3k rpm bog most complain about.

When infiniti gave my car back this what i saw when i popped the hood as i got home.

Coolant everywhere, even over the coil packs. I wiped it all down and didnt think nothing of it. Just was pissed they made such a mess..

Today my car is running worse and really under powered. Feels like the car is confused about cam timing or some ****... who knows... But now im curious if That mess of coolant everywhere could have caused this. im so frustrated...
Old 08-28-2019, 05:24 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Code U1024 refers to a CAN communication error with the VVEL module:

More than likely coolant/water leaked onto a harness/connector and is shorting out. You can disconnect the battery and check all of the harness connections and make sure they are dry/secure and see if that solves your problem.

If the problem persists, and being that this problem arose after the dealership screwed with your car, I would immediately take it back to them.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:02 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Ill give that a whirl for sure. Im waiting for my car to cool down so i can do a pedal dance reset and the relearn crap to see if for some reason that helps as well. Ill start with the connectors as you suggested first though. I plan to go back tomorrow if i cant get this sorted tonight.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it 🍺
Old 08-28-2019, 08:38 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Something missing here? Threads look clean and i dont see anything dangling 😑
Old 08-28-2019, 09:02 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Just peeked under my engine cover- nothing there but empty, threaded holes.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:13 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
probably was there for more grounding wires but then ghosn said no must kill cost
The following users liked this post:
TheDevilsG (08-29-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Thanks for checking dude, You're awesome 🍺
Old 08-28-2019, 09:41 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Just wanted to throw this out there as your code refers to a COM error between the ECM and the VVEL control unit. The control unit is located in the battery box area near the IPDM/er which likely would not have gotten wet from the coolant splashing all over the engine bay:

Anything is possible, but being that the dealership "updated" the ECU, it is possible that update screwed something up. If you are unable to make headway, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING (WITH PICTURES) and bring it back to the dealership. They screwed something up. They need to make it right.

Plz, keep us updated.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:14 AM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Yea, part of me is suspicious of the update now as well.

All i know is the tech/kid who worked on my car let coolant fly everywhere, didnt bother cleaning it. Im missing all my plastic clips in the passenger wheel well. So naturally i assumed the coolant/amateur hour job first as the culprit but your theory definitely makes more sense.

Ah man... i really dont want my car subjected to more mutilation by that dealer/tech but they do have to make it right so im definitely going to go back if i can get the day off tomorrow or the next.

All this because im finicky about preventive maintenance to keep my car healthy

Btw Thanks for the support, You guys are so quick to offer assistance, You are definitely an asset to the car community 😁👍

Last edited by TheDevilsG; 08-29-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:37 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Im at infiniti now... they are gonna diagnose it. I went with service advisor for a drive and let him drive it. He could feel it was under powered at least. (He owns a g35 6spd and is actually pretty cool so here's hoping).

They arent charging me to diagnose it (rightfully so) but they seem to be pulling the.... as long as whatever it is, is related to our work done card... 😑 (Tech about to go for a drive now it seems)

I know its related because my car was fine before coming in on monday. I just hope they resolve whatever it is and dont try and charge me for what is obviously something that went wrong on the reflash/update or coolant spill/ shorting something.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:51 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Thx for the update. I can almost guarantee that the issue is software related. They should not charge you one thin dime- they created the problem, they need to resolve the problem- IMO ("and I'm unanimous in that")!
josephwhan (09-06-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 04:01 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Im home now. They didnt charge me but at the same time could not find anything wrong 😑. The only code they could pull was the NatSat or W/e the code is when the car thinks you have the wrong key fob....

i asked to reflash and they said it doesnt let them. He actually did it to show me on his laptop that it wont let him re flash on top of the previous one. I talked to him for a good bit. He said to me it drove fine but obviously you know your car and wouldnt be here if you didnt feel it was off. But he did try and pull any codes or any indication of anything wrong and couldnt find anything.

They are basically saying its possibly the car relearning and drive it and dont worry. Drive it hard and see but its not throwing codes and according to them nothing is wrong with the car.

Im supposed to hit the track on monday and told them i dont feel like the car is ready to be pushed. They said its fine, go to the track and push it. If its relearn procedure that cant hurt it one bit but as far as they can tell, nothing is wrong with the car

Alrighty so **** it, im gonna drive it hard and see if it wakes up and monday shes gonna do a few laps at the track
Old 08-29-2019, 04:04 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

If im in here screaming and cursing on Tuesday or in jail for burning down a dealership we will know something actually was wrong with the car 😂
josephwhan (09-06-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 04:46 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

So I am assuming the original code that you had, the U1024, was cleared and hasn't been set since? How did it drive on your way home?

I will wish you good luck and hope that you don't need bail money, lol!
Old 08-29-2019, 08:39 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Last night I did find a lil coolant/moisture in the passenger side maf sensor part when i unclipped the wire. Then dried that up. Maybe the code self cleared no clue.

But i found the u1040 code on my torque app and bafx bluetooth obd2 setup and it wouldnt make sense that the dealers proper scanner didnt pick up what my half *** setup did. So im assuming the code cleared on its own ( is that even possible )

How it feels: Normally if im in 2nd gear at 3500 rpm and smash the throttle she will launch like a bat out of hell and right now its gradually accelerating. First gear if i ease into first ( no clutch drop at all) and floor it when foot is off the clutch it accelerates kind of like a honda Instead of where it normally breaks loose in the rear and squeals tires
. I always drive with Vdc off and it feels like VDC is on but even more annoying than vdc/traction control normally is

. Meh. Hopefully it just needs to relearn that its a g37 and not a honda civic si 🙄 . Heres hoping.

Quick Reply: Having issues u1024 code. Help if you can?