Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

On the Fence...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Agreed that it'd be time to upgrade. Maybe even look at a current generation Hyundai Genesis sedan. Will give you more luxury than you know what to do with. I had a first gen sedan and no interior I'll own in the near future will even come close to it, I was truly spoiled by it. Unfortunately the car was a total lemon but that's a whole other conversation.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Cut the cord... It's time to move on.

Get yourself something super comfortable to drive, but still a rewarding experience. There are lots of cars that fit that description, although most are Sedans. The Maxima, for example, and the Avalon, the Taurus SHO, the 300C Hemi, etc. Guaranteed each will be easier to get in and out of, and likely easier on your back. Certainly they will have a more luxurious cabin than a G.
Yeah def need to look into a bigger car, but those just aren't me lol. The SHO is nice though!

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Agreed that it'd be time to upgrade. Maybe even look at a current generation Hyundai Genesis sedan. Will give you more luxury than you know what to do with. I had a first gen sedan and no interior I'll own in the near future will even come close to it, I was truly spoiled by it. Unfortunately the car was a total lemon but that's a whole other conversation.
Thanks for the recommendation! I just honestly cannot see me in a Hyundai.

I'm looking at 335is, e92 M3 with zhp for the carbon fiber roof (no sun roof), e63, c63, e55, or Cts-v. I don't think I'll fit in the V, I sat in a cts and it was worse than the g lol.

I'm only looking at "premium" brands simply because of the dealership service. Getting a loan car for anything more than an oil change is kinda a must.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Kind of out in left field, and probably also too small if you're worried about the V but what about a Lexus IS-F?
Old 06-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
The SHO is nice though!
I know it's not a premium brand, but the 3.5 ecoboost has a TON of potential. You're probably $1000 away from high 12s.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:12 AM
kidtronix
Build your own bandwagon.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
There are thousands of POS cars out there traded on a daily basis that have some kind of shortcoming reliability-wise, in terms of road-worthiness, etc. If you trade that car it it becomes the dealership's liability for having not ascertained beforehand that a vehicle they took in had a safety issue. Chances are the car would go straight to auction anyway and you'd be twice removed from the issue. How many Takata-equipped cars trade hands every day with a faulty airbag? Thousands.

As for your headroom issue. There is a seat-lowering modification that you can do to the worm gear that will gain you up to about 0.75" additional headroom. I've done it in both of the Infiniti coupes I've owned.

Back issues, can't help you there. I find the lumbar support in these seats exceptionally-adjustable which helps keep my back in good shape. I'm a tall guy too.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Kind of out in left field, and probably also too small if you're worried about the V but what about a Lexus IS-F?
It's worth a try!

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I know it's not a premium brand, but the 3.5 ecoboost has a TON of potential. You're probably $1000 away from high 12s.
Are they dual clutch?

Originally Posted by kidtronix
There are thousands of POS cars out there traded on a daily basis that have some kind of shortcoming reliability-wise, in terms of road-worthiness, etc. If you trade that car it it becomes the dealership's liability for having not ascertained beforehand that a vehicle they took in had a safety issue. Chances are the car would go straight to auction anyway and you'd be twice removed from the issue. How many Takata-equipped cars trade hands every day with a faulty airbag? Thousands.

As for your headroom issue. There is a seat-lowering modification that you can do to the worm gear that will gain you up to about 0.75" additional headroom. I've done it in both of the Infiniti coupes I've owned.

Back issues, can't help you there. I find the lumbar support in these seats exceptionally-adjustable which helps keep my back in good shape. I'm a tall guy too.
I've done the seat lowering modification and it hasn't really helped. Thanks though!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

I decided to broaden my horizon a bit. Found a 2013 zl1 for $31k. No sunroof has my thinking....
Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts

Are they dual clutch?
No, 6 speed auto. You want dual clutch? Golf R?

I decided to broaden my horizon a bit. Found a 2013 zl1 for $31k. No sunroof has my thinking....
Solid choice. Sometimes I think about adding a 5th gen as a 3rd car
Old 06-06-2017, 07:30 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
The thing about sitting on the fence is if you sit there too long you get butt hurt.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
No, 6 speed auto. You want dual clutch? Golf R?Solid choice. Sometimes I think about adding a 5th gen as a 3rd car
Id prefer manual, would settle for dual clutch. Really really don't want traditional auto. I had a Mkvi gti before the G and will never buy VW again.

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
The thing about sitting on the fence is if you sit there too long you get butt hurt.
Already feeling the pressure bud.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:54 AM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you could get a seat for significantly less from the forsale section, see the 'parts or rebuild thread' https://www.myg37.com/forums/g-s-fs/...r-rebuild.html
Old 06-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by nethole
You know you could get a seat for significantly less from the forsale section, see the 'parts or rebuild thread' https://www.myg37.com/forums/g-s-fs/...r-rebuild.html
Yeah I'll keep my eyes open. I'm not going to pay shipping lol. I'm calling Infiniti consumer affairs today.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Ha! Just got off the phone with Infiniti consumer affairs. Infiniti has graciously decided to cover half of the price for parts. Still leaves me the bill of $4,000+ and labor. Soooo seats not getting replaced! Thanks for the assistance guys!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:19 AM
DreamQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most comfortable seats I have ever experienced is in the current GS350 F Sport. I miss having one. What dealer in Dallas did you work with? Sewell, Grubbs, Crest?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Ca428
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you try Infiniti customer service to see if they'll do anything?

If you sell it privately, disclose EVERYTHING, and have it in writing to be safe. If you trade it in, let them worry about it. If the warning light comes on with someone in the seat, then they know, and sometimes those guys say "It's just a sensor." If they know that, it's on them once the deal is done. If the light doesn't come on, you could tell them there is something up with the passenger side airbag sensor. They may still say, "It's probably just a sensor" and not do anything at the time. Then do a deal, sign the papers and run! It's amazing how many used car managers take a quick look around the car, check miles, look up book value and tell you an offer without doing anything more. If they do the deal without doing any more research, it's on them once the deal is done. There are lots of stories of "I took my car in for trade and they didn't even test drive it to discover it needed...", then that's just laziness on their part, for which I have no sympathy.

To answer the original question, if your car is messing with your back, it's time to say goodbye unfortunately.