Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can someone help me identify this part?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 04:17 PM
harryhoudini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone help me identify this part?

Hopefully someone here can help me. I am missing a little rubber piece that sits on the side of the windshield. The closest thing I could find on the web was that it is a "windshield cowl", but when I look online to buy it, the only thing that shows up in the search results is the plastic piece that sits below the windshield. The piece I need is on the passenger side of the windshield.

This is a picture of what the piece looks like on the drivers side.

You can see in the next two pics that its missing on the passenger side.

What is this part called and where can I buy a replacement? Thanks
Old 02-18-2017, 06:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
It appears to be called "filler cover" part #5 in this listing
https://discountinfinitiparts.com/pa...siteid=215255#
Click on Body Hardware, then Cowl, then Cowl again.

Not sure if there's any differences in years, I entered a 2010 G37 Sport in the starting screen
Old 02-19-2017, 03:07 AM
harryhoudini

Thanks!!!

I really appreciate your help! This is exactly what I was looking for. After years of lurking the forums I was finally given a reason to post lol. I went back and changed the year to "2011", but I'm sure there is not much variation in the part. I'm assuming I need Filler cover coupe, convertible "Right" for the passenger side. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by harryhoudini
I really appreciate your help! This is exactly what I was looking for. After years of lurking the forums I was finally given a reason to post lol. I went back and changed the year to "2011", but I'm sure there is not much variation in the part. I'm assuming I need Filler cover coupe, convertible "Right" for the passenger side. Thanks again.
No problem Harry, don't be a stranger, feel free to post without any reason(s)
Old 07-18-2024, 01:32 AM
wearwolfzw
Registered Member

Advice

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I just recently installed the same part on my passenger side since it was missing when I bought my car, 2008 G 37 Coupe sport, so my question is what is the best way to keep this part on Because I noticed after about a week of having it installed, I checked on it after a car wash and it was loose again, I believe that when the hood is opened it pinches it slightly, causing it to detach from the two rubber mounting points. Any idea the best way to keep it in place?