Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 06:42 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Received 168 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by fallenblade
very happy with the end results:

Work done by: Jason at Whitfield MFG

He is developing this as a kit for our cars.
Looks good! In for updates on this one…I’ve been hunting for one a little cheaper than the Studio RSR bar and was about to have one custom fabricated. Do you know if the production model will have the side bars setup like that or just as an extra option?
The following users liked this post:
BxG3? (03-22-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 07:21 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Installed an OEM IPL front bumper over the weekend and managed to get the Cusco tow hook to fit (barely, see post #2004). No plans for the IPL rear bumper, will do something custom for the sport rear bumper with a functional rear diffuser eventually. Replaced my front driver fender liner also, and every OEM clip and bracket in the process.

You do not have to remove the front wheels or jack up the car to remove the front fender liners (forward half) even when moderately lowered. Lock out the steering wheel and you can reach around the wheel and easily access all of the plastic clips, then slide the fender liner out and around the wheel without an issue. Don't forget to swap the plastic liner nut and air guide if you are replacing. Mine rubbed through when my bumper was off a while back and had to be replaced before I could install the IPL fender liner extension for that side.

Last edited by goldbug; 03-18-2022 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:17 AM
EJM
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking Installed Axle Back

I installed a Rebel/Tanabe Medallion Touring Axle Back Exhaust yesterday. Washed the car a drove around. So satisfying to hear the engine, never turned the radio on, lol. Great sound, definitely louder than stock. It has a nice deep tone and it’s quiet enough not to be obnoxious. I didn’t feel any loss of low end power nor was there any noticeable difference in increased power. I didn’t expect any increases, but I’m thoroughly satisfied with sound.

goldbug (03-22-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 11:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,725 Likes on 3,530 Posts
Originally Posted by EJM
I installed a Rebel/Tanabe Medallion Touring Axle Back Exhaust yesterday. Washed the car a drove around. So satisfying to hear the engine, never turned the radio on, lol. Great sound, definitely louder than stock. It has a nice deep tone and it’s quiet enough not to be obnoxious. I didn’t feel any loss of low end power nor was there any noticeable difference in increased power. I didn’t expect any increases, but I’m thoroughly satisfied with sound.
That's a fair assessment. A little better sound, a lot better looks, for a reasonable price and an easy install.

Pics?
Old 03-19-2022, 09:26 PM
beefychicken
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Installed my Oil and Trans fluid coolers and few other things. (u/Bull, if you see this, you can see your Yaw Accel cut off harness - which is also installed, but no pics)

The following 2 users liked this post by beefychicken:
goldbug (03-22-2022), The Pope (03-22-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 07:24 AM
EJM
Registered Member

They look really good, but I couldn’t get them to hang exactly the same. Didn’t want to bend the hangers and amaze them.

The following 2 users liked this post by EJM:
Rochester (03-20-2022), The Pope (03-22-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 04:23 PM
EJM
Registered Member

Today I spent 2 hours sound deadening my trunk. Used Kilmat material, only used 18 square feet, about 30 bucks on Amazon. My wife was complaining about the exhaust drone. Lol

i also stuffed the plastic braces that keep the spare wheel in place with old towels. And finally cut up an old quilt and lined the trunk under the mat. Hopefully that will all cut back on the exhaust drone in the cabin and make wife happier.

I hear a big difference, much quieting when all buttoned up. Have to get the wife’s opinion and let everyone know.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:25 AM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by goldbug
Looks good! In for updates on this one…I’ve been hunting for one a little cheaper than the Studio RSR bar and was about to have one custom fabricated. Do you know if the production model will have the side bars setup like that or just as an extra option?
All the ones I’ve seen listed on his site(for other models) include door bars. My only additional option was the X in the back bars.

goldbug (03-30-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 08:03 PM
jayp81
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I

Akkon tails
​​​​​​Installed these today. Had been wanting them for over a year but held back from buying due to bad reviews about fitment. For the most part fitment is pretty good. Not perfect, but extremely hard to notice anything being off. My only concern is the sealant around it. Hopefully no moisture gets in. Other than that I dig em.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:57 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
I had those but returned them for the smoked black. The clear lens was driving me crazy because it clashed with the Malbac black, in my humble opinion. I have the GTR style now and like them the best.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:36 AM
jayp81
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mummy2
I had those but returned them for the smoked black. The clear lens was driving me crazy because it clashed with the Malbac black, in my humble opinion. I have the GTR style now and like them the best.
I had the stocks tails with batman black overlays, but I don't like the look of tails with any red plastics showing and these have the least amount of red to other tails I've seen. You got me thinking though how these clears might look with black batman overlays... Maybe I'll consider that route later...
Old 04-12-2022, 10:11 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Moved to Florida, had the G37 trailered down without an issue. Found a new shop and got lined up (RAV Performance) to install a bunch of goodies including my AAM RHFCs, Z1’s new baffled oil pan and their front sway bar. Went with theirs over the CJM baffled pan due to the extra capacity, it uses an OEM drain plug (I’m partial to my Nismo drain plug) and that it can be more easily removed if I need to replace the Viton flaps. Also having them install a Mishimoto radiator, fast intentions 34 row oil cooler, poly diff bushings, poly motor mounts, subframe collars with Z1 diff cover, a Wavetrac LSD and 4.08 gears, and most of the SPL suspension catalogue. For all my fellow car enthusiasts, even if you can’t afford the mods you want right now, never give up on the dream….and never forget, YOLO! Stay on that grind, it really does pay off. Years ago I never thought I’d be able to do this stuff.

Updates to come when I finally drop my car off at RAV performance.

The following 4 users liked this post by goldbug:
2.2Lude (04-12-2022), Drogon (04-08-2023), Rochester (04-13-2022), The Pope (04-13-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 10:27 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by goldbug
Moved to Florida, had the G37 trailered down without an issue. Found a new shop and got lined up (RAV Performance) to install a bunch of goodies including my AAM RHFCs, Z1’s new baffled oil pan and their front sway bar. Went with theirs over the CJM baffled pan due to the extra capacity, it uses an OEM drain plug (I’m partial to my Nismo drain plug) and that it can be more easily removed if I need to replace the Viton flaps. Also having them install a Mishimoto radiator, fast intentions 34 row oil cooler, poly diff bushings, poly motor mounts, subframe collars with Z1 diff cover, a Wavetrac LSD and 4.08 gears, and most of the SPL suspension catalogue. For all my fellow car enthusiasts, even if you can’t afford the mods you want right now, never give up on the dream….and never forget, YOLO! Stay on that grind, it really does pay off. Years ago I never thought I’d be able to do this stuff.

Updates to come when I finally drop my car off at RAV performance.

Jeez now that’s a proper build. Be sure to provide feedback on the wavetrac and FD package please!
goldbug (04-13-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 02:33 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Today (yesterday actually) installed my Revel (Tanabe) Y-Pipe & Mid-Pipe. All mated to the stock muffler and it sounds pretty nice! I wanted a little more noise without being noisy. I had to do a little modification ot get it to fit because the company lied about the fitment but all in all I am happy with it. It pulls harder than before and doesn't feel like it runs out of breath. I'll post a sound clip as soon as I can

Forgot to add a sound clip...here is a little one:
The following 2 users liked this post by evil-G-nius:
digital.aaron (04-30-2022), goldbug (04-17-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 06:09 PM
digital.aaron
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Angry

Got a post-purchase inspection today, and was pretty unhappy with the shop that did it. I thought I was going to get a much more "hands-on" treatment when I went, discussing current concerns and potential upgrades, but what I got was rude service and waiting in their lobby an extra hour because no one bothered to tell me my car was ready, despite sitting in full view of the front desk (10ft away) and being the only person waiting there. They pointed out my leaking valve cover gaskets, but didn't address the other things i specifically mentioned (oil gallery gasket, rear diff bushing, general suspension health).

But I performed a little retail therapy to make me forget about the crappy experience. I ordered OEM parts to do the valve covers and spark plugs, along with OEM suspension gaskets, a z1 aluminum undershroud, coilovers, front & rear adjustable end links, camber and toe arms, and eccentric lock-out kit, along with a kill deal on some closeout tires. I had thought about having the shop do a lowering spring and adjustable suspension install, but now I've decided I'm just going to go coils and DIY the install, and go somewhere else for the alignment and corner balancing.
The following 2 users liked this post by digital.aaron:
goldbug (05-01-2022), takemorepills (05-08-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?